|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sam.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the “Garcia Equation”?
(a) The estimated growing season for lettuce.
(b) The idea that when you move to Spain, you get younger the older you are.
(c) The idea that when you move to Mexico, you get younger the older you are.
(d) The idea that when you move to the U.S., you get younger the older you are.
2. Where is Gonzalo from?
(d) New York.
3. What does Ana find when she digs something up?
(a) A locket.
(b) A bean plant.
4. What problem does Sam complain of, in terms of water?
(a) The faucets in the lot need repair.
(b) There isn’t any in the lot.
(c) The lot floods.
(d) Water for the lot is expensive.
5. How does Ana measure the passing time in her neighborhood?
(a) By the length of grass in the yard.
(b) By the price of her rent.
(c) By the amount of garbage in the lot.
(d) By the race and heritage of people moving in and out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Tio Juan distraught?
2. Why does Kim choose a place behind a refrigerator?
3. How did the plants survive the cold?
4. What language does Tio Juan speak?
5. What does Sam notice about the gardeners, in terms of location?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)