- Kim admits her father is dead and she has never met him.
- As he was a farmer in Vietnam his whole life, Kim wants to make him see her, in death.
- In order to make her father proud, Kim plants beans in the vacant lot near their apartment.
- Ana admits she watches the neighborhood as it changes over the years outside her window.
- She mentions the races and working class of her neighbors change.
- She watched Kim bury her bean seeds, but thought they were drugs or money.
- When Ana dug them up, she realized her mistake and replants them.
- Ana also buys binoculars.
- Wendell admits he fears a phone, because he was called when both his son, and later his wife, was killed.
- Ana calls Wendell to help her help Kim’s plants, although...
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)