|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who detained Chalabi?
2. What is a sterile number?
3. Who was oblivious to the connection between the Pan Am 103 bombing and Iran, Lybia, and a Command group?
4. What was Sheila Heslin's position in Chapter 19?
5. What did Chalabi do when he received Tony Lake's cable?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Ahmad Chalabi, and why was he without support?
2. What happened to the State Department and the CIA at the end of Chapter 12?
3. What did Robert ask for during his time in Rabat, Morocco according to Chapter 13?
4. What did Talabani tell Robert when they arrived at a one story cinder block building?
5. Who was Jada?
6. What was Robert assigned to for riling up the National Security Adviser?
7. What did Robert's boss in Washington call to ask Robert?
8. What was Robert's focus when assigned to Northern Iraq in Chapter 14?
9. What happened a few hours before the coup?
10. How did Robert treat Hasan when Hasan came to the CIA office?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define the roles of the two different types of CIA agents, and discuss how these agents have been important to gathering intelligence.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one act of terrorism described by Baer, and describe the ramifications of the changes in the CIA.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss two of the brotherhoods described by Baer, and compare their leadership, beliefs, and methods.
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)