|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Robert ask to be reassigned from Morocco?
2. What did Robert not know when he first arrived in Iraq according to Chapter 15?
3. What was Yuri Abramov in the Russian army?
4. What did the CIA become according to Robert?
5. What happened to Talabani after he attacked Saddam's army?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Kurds dislike Saddam according to Chapter 16?
2. What did Robert's boss in Washington call to ask Robert?
3. What happened a few hours before the coup?
4. What was Robert unable to do at the start of Chapter 10?
5. What did Robert spend a day doing when the fighting broke out in Dushanbe?
6. What group did Hasan join?
7. What did the general want?
8. What did Talabani tell Robert when they arrived at a one story cinder block building?
9. What did the general know when he went to Damascus in Chapter 17?
10. What fact fed into the myth about Saddam according to Chapter 15?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the use of new reconnaissance systems with the use of agents overseas, and discuss the benefits and drawbacks of each.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one act of terrorism described by Baer, and describe the ramifications of the changes in the CIA.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the limitations put on CIA agents, and analyze their importance.
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)