|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Robert penalized?
2. When did Mughniyah join Yasir Arafat?
3. Why would a conflict between Kurds have the potential to foil the coup against Saddam in Chapter 16?
4. Where was Robert assigned to in Chapter 14?
5. What was Masud Barzani in the business of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Arafat was forced out of Beirut in 1982?
2. What did Talabani tell Robert when they arrived at a one story cinder block building?
3. What did Yasir Arafat serve in according to Chapter 11?
4. What was Robert unable to do at the start of Chapter 10?
5. What did Robert's boss in Washington call to ask Robert?
6. What orders did the State Department give, and how did CIA agents approach the situation?
7. What did Robert do at the CIA office in Tajikistan?
8. What was Robert's focus when assigned to Northern Iraq in Chapter 14?
9. Where was Robert taken when he arrived at Cyprus airport in Chapter 9?
10. How did Robert treat Hasan when Hasan came to the CIA office?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the long-term impact the American Embassy bombing had on CIA agents and others and the reasons for the lack of investigation
Essay Topic 2
Choose one act of terrorism described by Baer, and describe the ramifications of the changes in the CIA.
Essay Topic 3
Define the term whistleblower, and discuss why the Justice Department decision not to pursue the White House's oil dealings in 1997.
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)