|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Robert characterize young French intelligence officers?
2. What was Tony Lake's position in 1995?
3. Who was Muhammad Hassuna?
4. How did Robert treat Hasan?
5. What was Masud Barzani in the business of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What order did Robert receive after he jumped out of an AN-2 biplane?
2. Who was Chuck McKee and what happened to him in Chapter 12?
3. What did Robert's boss in Washington call to ask Robert?
4. Why did the Kurds dislike Saddam according to Chapter 16?
5. What was Robert assigned to for riling up the National Security Adviser?
6. What did Robert do at the CIA office in Tajikistan?
7. What happened on March 22, 1995 according to Chapter 19?
8. What meeting did Jean arrange?
9. What did Talabani tell Robert when they arrived at a one story cinder block building?
10. What did Yasir Arafat serve in according to Chapter 11?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the history of Lebanon and the cause of conflicts in the country.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the importance of having staff experienced in Middle Eastern affairs, and discuss the potential ramifications of lack of experience.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the nuclear arms race, and examine the role of the Soviet Union and why the CIA might be concerned about its nuclear program.
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)