|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the man that supported Robert and his mother call them back home?
2. Where do most CIA case officers spend their days?
3. Where did the India CIA chief implant a microphone according to Robert?
4. What did Robert call the Arab officer he made contact with during his first assignment?
5. Why did the CIA prefer a typewriter to computers according to Robert?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Chief in New Dehli have a reputation for according to Chapter 5?
2. Where did Robert move when he was 9 years old in Chapter 2?
3. What did new case officers need to agree to?
4. Who was kidnapped at the end of Chapter 7, and who was responsible?
5. Why didn't anyone notice the truck in front of the St. Georges Hotel in Chapter 6?
6. What would Robert receive if he succeeded on his first assignment according to Chapter 4?
7. Why was Sami an important contact for Robert?
8. Who was Ahmed Chalabi, and what did he do?
9. Why was Lebanon a huge problem in the Middle East?
10. What was Robert's residence in Madras like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the nuclear arms race, and examine the role of the Soviet Union and why the CIA might be concerned about its nuclear program.
Essay Topic 2
Define the term whistleblower, and discuss why the Justice Department decision not to pursue the White House's oil dealings in 1997.
Essay Topic 3
Examine why a pro-American sensibility might be important in a potential CIA contact.
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)