|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were the Americans taken to the airfield when they were evacuated from Tajikistan?
(a) Using an armored car.
(b) Using Russian tanks.
(c) Using a Blackhawk helicopter.
(d) Using a military transport.
2. How long before it was set to take place was Tony Lake's message received?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) A few minutes.
(c) A few days.
(d) A few hours.
3. What unit did Talabani attack?
(a) A brigade from the 34th division.
(b) A brigade from the 36th division.
(c) A brigade from the 38th division.
(d) A brigade from the 34th division.
4. How did Robert characterize young French intelligence officers?
(c) Politically correct.
5. What was Ahmad Chalabi the head of?
(a) The Iraqi Dissident Group.
(b) The Lebanese Congress.
(c) The Kurdish Army.
(d) The Iraqi National Congress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who detained Chalabi?
2. What did Robert not know concerning Washington?
3. How did Robert wake after several days in a run down hotel?
4. What people of Iraq was not officially under Saddam's rule in 1995?
5. Why did Robert ask to be reassigned from Morocco?
Short Essay Questions
1. What meeting did Jean arrange?
2. What did Robert's boss in Washington call to ask Robert?
3. What did the general know when he went to Damascus in Chapter 17?
4. What happened a few hours before the coup?
5. What was Robert assigned to for riling up the National Security Adviser?
6. Why did the Kurds dislike Saddam according to Chapter 16?
7. What did Robert ask for during his time in Rabat, Morocco according to Chapter 13?
8. What did Yasir Arafat serve in according to Chapter 11?
9. Who was Jada?
10. What did Robert spend a day doing when the fighting broke out in Dushanbe?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)