|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What people of Iraq was not officially under Saddam's rule in 1995?
(a) The Kurd.
(b) The Sunni.
(c) The Shiits.
(d) The Bass.
2. What did Robert not know when he first arrived in Iraq according to Chapter 15?
(a) That there was a coup against Saddam in the works.
(b) That the Kurds were planning a rebellion.
(c) That the U.S. wanted to keep Saddam in power.
(d) That they were looking for Saddam's weapons.
3. When was Rick Ames arrested?
4. What unit did Talabani attack?
(a) A brigade from the 36th division.
(b) A brigade from the 34th division.
(c) A brigade from the 38th division.
(d) A brigade from the 34th division.
5. What did Yasir Arafat serve as before joining the Muslim Brotherhood according to Chapter 11?
(a) He was a soldier in the Egyptian Army.
(b) He was a lieutenant in the Egyptian army.
(c) He was a soldier in the Lebanese army.
(d) He was a lieutenant in the Lebanese army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Robert penalized?
2. What is a sterile number?
3. What was Sheila Heslin's position in Chapter 19?
4. Why did Robert want to recruit a Russian officer as an agent?
5. What was Masud Barzani in the business of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the general want?
2. What did Yasir Arafat serve in according to Chapter 11?
3. What happened when Arafat was forced out of Beirut in 1982?
4. Where was Robert taken when he arrived at Cyprus airport in Chapter 9?
5. What did Robert spend a day doing when the fighting broke out in Dushanbe?
6. What happened on March 22, 1995 according to Chapter 19?
7. What was Robert's focus when assigned to Northern Iraq in Chapter 14?
8. What group did Hasan join?
9. What was Robert assigned to for riling up the National Security Adviser?
10. What happened a few hours before the coup?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)