|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were the Americans taken to the airfield when they were evacuated from Tajikistan?
(a) Using Russian tanks.
(b) Using a Blackhawk helicopter.
(c) Using an armored car.
(d) Using a military transport.
2. When was Father Lawrence Jenco released?
(a) July 1984.
(b) July 1985.
(c) Jule 1986.
(d) July 1983.
3. What group were the CIA agents told they should no longer consider as the enemy?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The FSB.
(c) THe DGSE.
(d) The KGB.
4. What represented the biggest hindrance to the CIA doing its job?
(a) Washington politics.
(b) Robert's chief.
(c) KGB agents.
(d) Lebanese agents.
5. What did the State Department order of their employees in Beirut?
(a) To not make local calls
(b) To tip the locals graciously.
(c) To never talk to locals.
(d) To never go beyond the Embassy grounds without escort.
6. When did the State Department arrange for evacuation of all embassy employees and CIA personnel?
(a) When the State Department received a bomb threat.
(b) When a diplomat was attacked.
(c) When fighting broke out in Dushanbe.
(d) When they tried to take a State Department hostage.
7. Who was oblivious to the connection between the Pan Am 103 bombing and Iran, Lybia, and a Command group?
(a) The German investigators.
(b) The Iranian investigators.
(c) The CIA investigators.
(d) Palestinian investigators.
8. When was the CIA bureau in Tajikistan able to resume operations?
(a) When everyone was evacuated.
(b) When Robert recruited a Russian agent.
(c) When the ex-communists took over the government.
(d) When rebels took over the government.
9. When did Yasir Arafat form the Fatah?
(a) Late 1970s.
(b) Late 1960s.
(c) Late 1940s.
(d) Late 1950s.
10. Where did Robert stop on his way to Dushanbe in Chapter 13?
11. What myth did the Major General Robert met ask about?
(a) That the U.S. wanted Saddam in power.
(b) That the U.S. found Saddam's weapons.
(c) That the U.S. paid the rebels.
(d) That the CIA would supply rebels with weapons.
12. When was Rick Ames arrested?
13. How long before it was set to take place was Tony Lake's message received?
(a) A few days.
(b) A few minutes.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) A few hours.
14. When did Mughniyah join Yasir Arafat?
(a) As a young teen.
(b) As a young adult.
(c) As a middle aged man.
(d) As an adult.
15. Beside contacts, what did the CIA rely on for intelligence in Beirut?
(a) Aerial reconnaissance.
(b) Third party information.
(c) Wire taps.
(d) Human agents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were "access agents"?
2. What did Sheila Heslin not know about the CIA according to Robert?
3. What word did Robert think had a dark tone?
4. What was Yuri Abramov in the Russian army?
5. Why did Saddam mobilize his army in northern Iraq?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)