|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Father Lawrence Jenco released?
(a) July 1983.
(b) July 1984.
(c) Jule 1986.
(d) July 1985.
2. Where did the CIA decrease its recruiting efforts according to Robert?
(a) The Middle East.
3. How did Robert wake after several days in a run down hotel?
(a) To the sound of a terrorist.
(b) To the sound of other agents.
(c) To the sound of artillery.
(d) To the sound of tanks coming.
4. What did Robert not know concerning Washington?
(a) That Washington wanted to indict CIA agents.
(b) That Washington wanted to take over Iraq.
(c) That Washington had stopped caring whether Saddam stayed in power or not.
(d) That Washington wanted to unseat Saddam.
5. How were the Americans taken to the airfield when they were evacuated from Tajikistan?
(a) Using an armored car.
(b) Using a military transport.
(c) Using Russian tanks.
(d) Using a Blackhawk helicopter.
6. When was Rick Ames arrested?
7. When did Yasir Arafat form the Fatah?
(a) Late 1940s.
(b) Late 1970s.
(c) Late 1960s.
(d) Late 1950s.
8. What did Chalabi do when he received Tony Lake's cable?
(a) He collapsed on the floor.
(b) He collapsed on the couch.
(c) He punched a wall.
(d) He jumped up and down.
9. Who detained Chalabi?
(a) Barzani's men.
(b) Saddam's men.
(c) CIA agents.
(d) Talabani's men.
10. When was the CIA bureau in Tajikistan able to resume operations?
(a) When everyone was evacuated.
(b) When rebels took over the government.
(c) When the ex-communists took over the government.
(d) When Robert recruited a Russian agent.
11. Where did Chalabi go after leaving Iraq?
12. What is a sterile number?
(a) A phone number associated with a land line.
(b) A phone number on the Christian east side.
(c) A phone number not associated with the CIA.
(d) A phone number on the western side.
13. What did Arafat hand over to the Iranians when he left Beirut?
(a) His brotherhood.
(b) His terror network.
(c) His associates.
(d) His relatives.
14. What is Tajikistan compared to the other republics of the former Soviet Union?
(a) The poorest and most isolated.
(b) The most dangerous.
(c) The most isolated.
(d) The most rich.
15. How many CIA agents were under suspicion in 1995?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Masud Barzani's nemesis want to do ?
2. What group were the CIA agents told they should no longer consider as the enemy?
3. How did Robert treat Hasan?
4. What highjacking was Mughniyah linked to?
5. What was Masud Barzani in the business of?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)