|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Robert ask Farid to do?
(a) Plant a bomb.
(b) Ask his contact to meet him.
(c) Infiltrate the Fatah.
(d) Gather intelligence on the IJO.
2. What could kill the plan to overthrow Saddam?
(a) The three military divisions.
(b) The conflict between Kurds and Saddam's forces.
(c) The conflicts between Kurds.
(d) The general.
3. How did Robert treat Hasan?
(a) Like an enemy.
(b) Like a friend.
(c) Like an agent.
(d) Like a double spy.
4. What highjacking was Mughniyah linked to?
(a) TWA 837.
(b) TWA 847.
(c) TWA 747.
(d) TWA 848.
5. Why was Ahmad Chalabi considered an outsider among Iraqi dissidents?
(a) He embezelled money.
(b) He studied in France.
(c) He was responsible for genocide.
(d) He grew up in Lebanon and studied in America.
6. What was Robert and Tom's mission?
(a) Find a way to protect the Kurds from Saddam.
(b) Find a way to negotiate piece of Saddam and the Kurds.
(c) Find a way to get rid of Saddam and prevent the Kurds from killing one another.
(d) Find a way to negotiate peace among the Kurds.
7. What did Chalabi do when he received Tony Lake's cable?
(a) He collapsed on the floor.
(b) He jumped up and down.
(c) He punched a wall.
(d) He collapsed on the couch.
8. When was Father Lawrence Jenco released?
(a) July 1983.
(b) July 1984.
(c) July 1985.
(d) Jule 1986.
9. Where did Robert meet with a Iraqi Major General?
10. Beside contacts, what did the CIA rely on for intelligence in Beirut?
(a) Human agents.
(b) Third party information.
(c) Aerial reconnaissance.
(d) Wire taps.
11. Where did Chalabi go after leaving Iraq?
12. Who detained Chalabi?
(a) Saddam's men.
(b) CIA agents.
(c) Barzani's men.
(d) Talabani's men.
13. Where did Robert go after leaving Beirut in Chapter 12?
(c) New York.
14. What represented the biggest hindrance to the CIA doing its job?
(a) KGB agents.
(b) Robert's chief.
(c) Washington politics.
(d) Lebanese agents.
15. How did Robert characterize young French intelligence officers?
(c) Politically correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Robert penalized?
2. What group were the CIA agents told they should no longer consider as the enemy?
3. What made confirming the information of the Iraqi Major General difficult?
4. When did Mughniyah join Yasir Arafat?
5. Where was Robert assigned to in Chapter 14?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)