|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unit did Talabani attack?
(a) A brigade from the 38th division.
(b) A brigade from the 34th division.
(c) A brigade from the 36th division.
(d) A brigade from the 34th division.
2. How did Robert wake after several days in a run down hotel?
(a) To the sound of a terrorist.
(b) To the sound of other agents.
(c) To the sound of artillery.
(d) To the sound of tanks coming.
3. What word did Robert think had a dark tone?
4. What was Robert and Tom's mission?
(a) Find a way to get rid of Saddam and prevent the Kurds from killing one another.
(b) Find a way to protect the Kurds from Saddam.
(c) Find a way to negotiate piece of Saddam and the Kurds.
(d) Find a way to negotiate peace among the Kurds.
5. What force did Yasir Arafat create?
(a) Force 15.
(b) Force 16.
(c) Force 17.
(d) Force 18.
6. What did Robert not know concerning Washington?
(a) That Washington wanted to take over Iraq.
(b) That Washington wanted to unseat Saddam.
(c) That Washington had stopped caring whether Saddam stayed in power or not.
(d) That Washington wanted to indict CIA agents.
7. How much money did Robert give Isam to show his seriousness?
8. What did Robert not know when he first arrived in Iraq according to Chapter 15?
(a) That they were looking for Saddam's weapons.
(b) That there was a coup against Saddam in the works.
(c) That the Kurds were planning a rebellion.
(d) That the U.S. wanted to keep Saddam in power.
9. Where did Robert go after leaving Beirut in Chapter 12?
(c) New York.
10. What highjacking was Mughniyah linked to?
(a) TWA 847.
(b) TWA 837.
(c) TWA 747.
(d) TWA 848.
11. What was Muhammad Hummadah previously part of?
(a) The embassy bombing in Yemen.
(b) The TWA-847 hijacking.
(c) The bombing of Pan Am 103.
(d) The embassy bombing in Beirut.
12. Where was Robert assigned to in Chapter 14?
(a) The Afghan border.
(b) Northern Iraq.
(c) The Iraqi border.
(d) Southern Iraq.
13. When did Talabani finally attack the Iraqi's army in Chapter 18?
(a) March 6, 1994.
(b) March 6, 1996.
(c) March 6, 1993.
(d) March 6, 1995.
14. When did Yasir Arafat form the Fatah?
(a) Late 1960s.
(b) Late 1970s.
(c) Late 1950s.
(d) Late 1940s.
15. Why did Robert want to recruit a Russian officer as an agent?
(a) To know whether the agent could ski.
(b) To know Russia's plan to fight Islamic fundamentalism.
(c) To gather access to a Russian military base.
(d) To find out if fundamentalists had infiltrated the CIA.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the CIA bureau in Tajikistan able to resume operations?
2. What group were the CIA agents told they should no longer consider as the enemy?
3. Beside contacts, what did the CIA rely on for intelligence in Beirut?
4. What was Robert given before being shipped to Beirut in Chapter 8?
5. What was Ahmad Chalabi the head of?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)