|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the predecessor of the CIA?
(a) The Office of Strategic Services.
(b) The Office of Foreign Intelligence.
(c) The Office of Strategic Services.
(d) The Office of Foreign Agents.
2. What couldn't be done in a safe house?
(a) Discussing operations.
(d) Making phone calls.
3. How many agents did Robert inherit in his first assignment?
4. What did Robert become involved in after moving back to the U.S.?
5. What was the India CIA chief's nick name?
(a) Big Bill.
(b) Wild Bill.
(c) The Great.
(d) The Wild Goose.
6. Where was Robert Baer summoned in Chapter 1?
(a) CIA Headquarters.
(b) The FBI in Washington.
(c) The Secret Service office in the White House.
(d) The White House.
7. Who sent a request to meet with the CIA?
(a) The Syrian Ambassador.
(b) The FBI.
(c) Two ex-KGB agents.
(d) Muslim Brotherhood.
8. What did the CIA HQ try to find out about Robert's Arab contact?
(a) If he was working for the Soviets.
(b) If he was a double spy and a liar.
(c) If he was trustworthy.
(d) If he was sent to try to turn Robert.
9. Who was president of the United States when the Lebanon bombing took place?
(a) President Clinton..
(b) President Nixon.
(c) President Bush.
(d) President Reagan.
10. What was Sami considered?
(a) A good source.
(b) A turn coat.
(c) An easy target.
(d) A hard target.
11. What type of agent analyzes intelligence and prepares reports for administration officials?
(a) Field Officer's Office.
(b) Operation Officer's Office.
(c) The Directorate of Intelligence.
(d) The Directorate of Administration.
12. What did Chalabi expect to get from his lies according to Robert Baer?
(a) Support from the Iranians.
(b) Support from the Turks.
(c) Support from the Lebanese.
(d) Support from the Syrians.
13. When did the Lebanese Civil War start according to Chapter 6?
(a) April 1976.
(b) April 1977.
(c) April 1975.
(d) April 1974.
14. Who was Robert assigned to study?
(a) A playboy.
(b) A KGB double agent.
(c) A rich industrialist.
(d) A member of the Dutch Royal Family.
15. How old was Robert when he moved to Europe with his mother in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why wasn't Robert touch by the Iran-Contra scandal?
2. When did Robert Baer work for the man who summoned him?
3. Where did Robert fly to to talk to the CIA Chief in India in Chapter 5?
4. Where was Robert sent for his first assignment according to Chapter 4?
5. What was the India CIA chief's reputation according to Robert?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)