Chapter 1: March 15, 1995, Langley, Virginia
• In Chapter 1, Robert Baer was summoned to Fred Turco's office at Langley on March 15, 1995.
• Turco was tasked with tightening security.
• Robert was accused of attempting to assassinate Hussein, but it was not true.
• Robert was assured it was routine, but he knew his career was virtually over.
• Robert refused to bring an attorney, but he knew it was against the law to assassinate anyone under the auspices of the CIA.
• Robert was asked about the alias of Robert Pope, which was given by Ahmed Chalabi, head of a dissident group.
• Robert thought Chalabi just wanted to draw political support.
• Robert was angry with the agency after a 20 year career.
• Human resources in the CIA were drying up because they were willing to abandon agents.
• Robert agreed to a polygraph and later heard the statutes he was accused of could have landed him with life...
This section contains 3,250 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)