|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alix react when Ben tells her he would be going on a dangerous mission?
2. How much are the hoodlums who meet the Weapons Expert and the Medic in the Red Square paid for their part in the terrorist plot?
3. How old is the Olympic torchbearer who runs the torch through the difficult uphill section?
4. Where is the world's intelligence community gathering in an effort to protect the Olympic athletes?
5. Time and Newsweek create character pieces on the Dachau Two strike team. How do they refer to the event?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Alix feeling as she sits in the house of her contact after leaving the train station?
2. As the terrorist group assembles and enters the Olympic Village, what does the Fuhrer tell Alix?
3. What does Alix suddenly realize about David when she sees him again in the Olympic Village?
4. What images does Alix relive in her mind as she walks and tries to clear her head in the morning the attacks are to begin?
5. How do the terrorists punctuate their demands that no one is to leave the Olympics until all of the terrorists' demands have been met?
6. Why does David chase the Soldier after seeing him near the Olympic Village?
7. How does David's assailant catch up with David?
8. How does David react to Belov's announcement regarding jurisdiction over the search for the Dachau Two terrorists?
9. How is the strike team planning to gain access into the Olympic Village?
10. What is the pledge of the terrorist group?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the terrorist group evolves from a group wanting to prevent the terror of the concentration camps being repeated to the group that comes to hold the world's athletes hostage at the Moscow Olympic games.
Essay Topic 2
Identify four of the members of the terrorist group by their code names and real names. Compare and contrast the backgrounds, experiences, and duties of the four group members you identify. Is each member of the group necessary? Why or why not? Is each member of the group expendable? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
There is no doubt that Alix has been greatly affected by the horrors she experienced at the hands of the Nazis, who also caused the deaths of both of her parents. Discuss how Alix's need to rectify the past affects her decisions. How does Alix's past affect her mental state, her ability to reason, her ability to trust, and her overall self-image?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)