|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does David leave his grandmother with when he runs for his medical bag?
2. Who does Harry Callaghan meet with in Frankfurt for his briefing on the Strauss/Rothschild situation?
3. What is the headline that David doodles in the Crapbook after he spends the evening catching up with Alix?
4. Who kills Burns in his office in Frankfurt?
5. What must be aired the same evening as the demands are delivered according to the demands delivered to ABC-TV?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the events that occur at the Academy Awards ceremony.
2. Why is Michael Ben-Iban meeting with Alix at the restaurant in Frankfurt?
3. Why is David unsuccessful at reaching Michael Ben-Iban?
4. How does the Fuhrer gain an appreciation for the electricity and heat involved with Otto's experiment from where he sits?
5. What does Benjamin Rabinowitz tell David when David first meets with him at the Wallkill Inn?
6. Why does Benjamin think the Nazis are becoming more and more powerful?
7. What is the purpose of the Fuhrer's meeting?
8. What is the only thing that will stop David's grandmother from going to the hotel for spring cleaning?
9. What does David fail to notice because he is so transfixed by the events on television?
10. While comforting her after hearing her screams from the nightmares, what does David finally realize about Alix?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is no doubt that Alix has been greatly affected by the horrors she experienced at the hands of the Nazis, who also caused the deaths of both of her parents. Discuss how Alix's need to rectify the past affects her decisions. How does Alix's past affect her mental state, her ability to reason, her ability to trust, and her overall self-image?
Essay Topic 2
When Alix meets with Michael Ben-Iban at the Frankfurt restaurant, Ben-Iban has just been briefed by the Fuhrer and is under direction to get Alix on board with their plan no matter what. In the Fuhrer's words, the plan cannot succeed without Alix. Using what you know about Alix, the Fuhrer, and the master plan, examine and explain why the Fuhrer feels Alix is essential to his plan's success.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the shootout that takes place at the restaurant in Frankfurt where Alix is meeting with Ben-Iban. What is the scene like before the police arrive? What happens during the conflict? What happens when the air clears? How does this situation parallel the crisis that occurs in the Olympic Village? Provide examples to support your answer.
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)