|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does David leave his grandmother with when he runs for his medical bag?
2. Who is Johnny Williams?
3. What has Benjamin Rabinowitz become famous as?
4. Who summons the attendees to the meeting in Jerusalem?
5. While lying to Alix about the real reason for the deaths of Elena and Nick Strauss, what diverts Michael's attention?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the Fuhrer, what would have died if the Warrior had not died?
2. Why does Alix find someone to accompany her to David's room?
3. What is the only thing that will stop David's grandmother from going to the hotel for spring cleaning?
4. How do the other members of the Strauss family learn of Nick's death?
5. What will happen if the demands delivered to ABC-TV are not met?
6. Why is David unsuccessful at reaching Michael Ben-Iban?
7. What does David fail to notice because he is so transfixed by the events on television?
8. What does Harry tell David before leaving him alone in the woods after their run together?
9. Why does Benjamin think the Nazis are becoming more and more powerful?
10. What does the speaker on ABC-TV ask people to do the following day if they agree with his views?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the three main demands given by the terrorists. For each demand, tell the terrorists' reasoning behind the demand, what the terrorists hope to accomplish through their demand, and the likelihood of the demand actually being met by those involved.
Essay Topic 2
Benjamin Rabinowitz wears different masks in the story. Rabinowitz is a study in contradictions as both a great Nazi hunter and the mastermind behind Dachau Two. Identify, then compare and contrast the different sides of Rabinowitz. How would his master plan have been affected had he not carried out his Nazi hunter persona? How would his master plan have been affected if he had told David from the beginning who he truly was? Why is it necessary for Rabinowitz to wear different masks?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast how the character of Alix Rothschild changes as the story progresses. Be sure to include your assessment of Alix's character when she was in college, when she first meets David at Cherrywoods, when she presents the terrorists' demands to the world, and when she and David team up in the Olympic Village. Use examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)