|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far from Otto's farmhouse is the Fuhrer while Otto's experiment is underway?
2. Who is standing behind the person knocking on David's door at the Cherrywoods?
3. What is "cooked" by Otto's experiment inside the farmhouse?
4. Who does the teenager delivering the demands to ABC-TV work for?
5. What is the name of the man watching David and Alix from the tree line while they are at the lake?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does David rarely leave his room at the hotel where the FBI is protecting him in the early days after the Strauss mansion shootings?
2. What is the only thing that will stop David's grandmother from going to the hotel for spring cleaning?
3. According to her comments to interviewers, why does Alix always strive to do her best at whatever she does?
4. While comforting her after hearing her screams from the nightmares, what does David finally realize about Alix?
5. What is the purpose of the Fuhrer's meeting?
6. What does the Fuhrer tell the men as the meeting between the Chancellor, the Ambassador, the General, and the Fuhrer is ending?
7. Why is Michael Ben-Iban meeting with Alix at the restaurant in Frankfurt?
8. What does David fail to notice because he is so transfixed by the events on television?
9. What are the responsibilities of the advance team for Dachau Two?
10. Describe the events that occur at the Academy Awards ceremony.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characteristics, roles, loyalties, and agendas of the following people in the story: Harry Callaghan, Benjamin Rabinowitz, Elena Strauss, and Ben Essmann.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the shootout that takes place at the restaurant in Frankfurt where Alix is meeting with Ben-Iban. What is the scene like before the police arrive? What happens during the conflict? What happens when the air clears? How does this situation parallel the crisis that occurs in the Olympic Village? Provide examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Benjamin Rabinowitz wears different masks in the story. Rabinowitz is a study in contradictions as both a great Nazi hunter and the mastermind behind Dachau Two. Identify, then compare and contrast the different sides of Rabinowitz. How would his master plan have been affected had he not carried out his Nazi hunter persona? How would his master plan have been affected if he had told David from the beginning who he truly was? Why is it necessary for Rabinowitz to wear different masks?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)