|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David not come to the aid of Heather and Elena when they leave Elena's room?
2. Where does the man who pushes his way onstage at the Academy Awards say he comes from?
3. Who summons the attendees to the meeting in Jerusalem?
4. What is the headline that David doodles in the Crapbook after he spends the evening catching up with Alix?
5. What is emblazoned on the armbands of the intruders in the Strauss mansion?
Short Essay Questions
1. During the Fuhrer's meeting with the Ambassador, the General, and the Chancellor, how does the Fuhrer respond when he learns that David is looking for answers in Europe?
2. Why is David unsuccessful at reaching Michael Ben-Iban?
3. Why are David and his wife nervous about attending the party at the Strauss mansion?
4. Why does Benjamin think the Nazis are becoming more and more powerful?
5. What does the Fuhrer tell the men as the meeting between the Chancellor, the Ambassador, the General, and the Fuhrer is ending?
6. What are the responsibilities of the advance team for Dachau Two?
7. Why is the Vulkan upset when the Fuhrer leaves the group in a chauffeured limousine?
8. What is the purpose of the Fuhrer's meeting?
9. How does the Fuhrer gain an appreciation for the electricity and heat involved with Otto's experiment from where he sits?
10. What does the Soldier tell the other group members at the first meeting of the Storm Troop?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Fuhrer employs many sinister techniques to make sure the people involved in his scheme end up exactly where they are supposed to.
a. Identify three methods the Fuhrer uses to keep the other characters in place.
b. How does the Fuhrer hide his identity and what does he have to gain by keeping his identity secret? What does he have to lose by keeping his identity secret?
c. What other methods might the Fuhrer have used to achieve his purpose? Would any of your methods have been as effective as the Fuhrer's plan in the story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the shootout that takes place at the restaurant in Frankfurt where Alix is meeting with Ben-Iban. What is the scene like before the police arrive? What happens during the conflict? What happens when the air clears? How does this situation parallel the crisis that occurs in the Olympic Village? Provide examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
David Strauss and Benjamin Rabinowitz meet two times in the story. Describe the situation surrounding each of these meetings. Examine how the first meeting impacts the second meeting.
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)