|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the gold coins in the story called?
(a) The currency of the realm.
(b) Gold pieces.
(d) Gold bits.
2. Who decides it is time for Legatt to leave the ship?
(a) None of these.
(b) The chief mate, once he discovers Legatt is on board.
(c) The captain.
3. What word does the mysterious man use to describe the tone of the skipper when being relieved of his duties?
4. What does the captain reflect to himself is the soul of discipline while walking aft on his watch?
(a) Exactitude in some small manners.
(b) Precision in all appearances.
(c) Clarity in the ship's order.
(d) A strict regimen.
5. Which crew member comes from the Sephora?
(a) The second mate.
(b) The chief mate.
(c) The engineer.
(d) None of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the captain close after he and the stranger hear the noise overhead?
2. What noise makes the captain start while Leggatt has a hold of his arm?
3. What ship does the captain think may be approaching at the end of Part 1?
4. What is the profession of the mysterious man's father?
5. What causes the captain's heart to fly into his throat once back on deck after parting ways with Legatt?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)