|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells the crew about the approaching ship at the beginning of the story?
(a) The tugboat skipper.
(b) None of these.
(c) The port authority.
(d) The captain of the other ship.
2. How does the skipper say Legatt came to be on his ship?
(a) He was forced to take him on as part of the crew.
(b) He had to take him on because the skipper lost a bet.
(c) He hired him directly.
(d) None of these.
3. What does the captain set to fixing as a repair of the breached discipline on his ship while on his watch?
(a) The rope ladder.
(b) The poorly coiled aft ropes.
(c) The precise height of the mast-flag.
(d) The foremast's rigging.
4. Which crew member comes from the Sephora?
(a) None of them.
(b) The chief mate.
(c) The engineer.
(d) The second mate.
5. Which of the following is the antonym of the word "leeward" as the captain uses in his narration to describe the side of the ship to which he walks after leaving Leggatt for the last time?
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the new course dangerous for the ship?
2. Where does the stranger hide after being awakened by the captain?
3. Who says "I think I had come creeping quietly as near insanity as any man who has not actually gone over the border"?
4. How long has the crew been together when the captain comes on board?
5. What does the captain tell his steward to do while the former takes a bath?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)