|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what animal does the captain compare the man after making eye contact?
(a) A fish.
(b) A dog.
(c) An ape.
(d) A dolphin.
2. What sort of sail were the mysterious stranger and his victim setting when the murder occurred?
(a) A reefed foresail.
(b) A mizensail.
(c) A spinnaker.
(d) A mainsail.
3. What faces the door of the captain's stateroom?
(a) A coat rack.
(b) A desk.
(c) A bed.
(d) A map.
4. What does the captain do after settling Legatt in for the night?
(a) Falls asleep up on deck.
(b) Falls asleep on the couch in his cabin.
(c) None of these.
(d) Goes to sleep in his bed.
5. What does the captain do the night they see a strange ship approaching?
(a) Watches the nearby ship.
(b) He walks along the deck.
(c) Decides the sea most likely doesn't hold any discomforting surprises.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the captain reflect to himself is the soul of discipline while walking aft on his watch?
2. Why did Legatt jump in the water and begin swimming?
3. Where is the chief mate's ink well located?
4. What order does the captain give to his second when the latter comes on deck?
5. What did the "reefed foresail" do for the Sephora and crew?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)