|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The shadows of what are flung far eastward by the setting sun, as described after the Gulf is named?
2. Why does the captain keep part of his gold coins?
(a) To buy food later for his crew.
(b) To purchase exotic jewels.
(c) To buy boating supplies.
(d) To purchase clothing and dry goods.
3. What does the captain question after Legatt is almost discovered?
(a) The fact that Legatt is only visible to him.
(b) None of these.
(c) Whether Legatt will inevitably be discovered.
(d) Why he has agreed to hide and help Legatt.
4. What does the captain try to ram on the head of Leggatt in the dark of the sail locker?
(a) A floppy hat
(b) A black skull cap.
(c) A knotted rope.
(d) A tall hat.
5. Which crew member comes from the Sephora?
(a) None of them.
(b) The chief mate.
(c) The engineer.
(d) The second mate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the captain take Legatt after he tells the captain his story?
2. What position had Legatt held on his ship?
3. For what is Leggatt said to strike out at the very end of the story?
4. What is preserved by the small gesture of Leggatt when the captain returns to his room after the incident with the steward on the fourth day?
5. What order does the captain give to his second when the latter comes on deck?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)