|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the captain's riding light?
(a) The port rigging.
(b) The fore rigging.
(c) The aft rigging.
(d) The crow's nest.
2. What shape does the captain's quarters resemble?
(a) A "C".
(b) An "L".
(c) A "T".
(d) An "S".
3. What shape is the hill on which the pagoda at the story's beginning sits?
4. What is the profession of the mysterious man's father?
5. What position had Legatt held on his ship?
(a) Chief mate.
(b) Second mate.
(d) Deck hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the chief mate notably wearing when the captain decides he must show himself on deck?
2. How did the captain react after Legatt's story?
3. What does the captain go below for the night they see a strange ship approaching?
4. What deity's name is used in the exclamation of the mysterious man on hearing that the narrator is the ship's captain?
5. For how long does the mysterious stranger say the skipper of the Sephora had been without sleep?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)