|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attempts to figure out the size and purpose of the Sephora during the officers meeting with the captain?
(a) The engineer.
(b) None of these.
(c) The second mate.
(d) The chief mate.
2. For how long did the Sephora drift about Carimata?
(a) Ten days.
(b) A week.
(c) Half a month.
(d) Four hours.
3. What is the name of the ship approaching dangerously close to the crew's ship at the beginning of the story?
4. How did the boat get to its location at the beginning of the book?
(a) By tug boat.
(b) It sailed.
(c) It was built there at the port.
(d) None of these.
5. How does the stranger report having made his clothes sink?
(a) By wrapping them up with a stone.
(b) By pushing them under with a long pole.
(c) By diving with them and tying them to a rock.
(d) By tearing them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the captain reflect to himself is the soul of discipline while walking aft on his watch?
2. Which of the following is NOT suggested as being at the narrator's left hand at the story's beginning?
3. What duty does the captain fulfill the night he sends the crew to sleep?
4. How did the stranger kill his victim?
5. Which crew member comes from the Sephora?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)