|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the captain do the night they see a strange ship approaching?
(a) He walks along the deck.
(b) All of these.
(c) Decides the sea most likely doesn't hold any discomforting surprises.
(d) Watches the nearby ship.
2. What disturbs the captain's "comfort of quiet communion" with his ship at the story's beginning?
(a) An ominous noise.
(b) His chief mate.
(c) Rough waves.
(d) The stars.
3. Who is the next youngest member of the crew?
(a) The chief mate.
(b) The engineer.
(c) The second mate.
(d) The captain.
4. What word best describes the weather over the recent evening?
5. Where does the stranger say the skipper of the Sephora's wife is, presently?
(a) At the port in Cape Town.
(b) At home in London.
(c) On vacation on the Thai mainland.
(d) On board the Sephora.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chief mate find in his ink well?
2. How long was the last spell of the stranger's swim to the unnamed ship?
3. What does the stranger in the water ask of the captain before boarding the ship?
4. Whom does the captain say he will have relieve him after his unprecedented watch alone?
5. What shape is the captain's stateroom?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)