|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When found with Legatt, how does the murdered person look?
(a) Deathly pale.
(b) The person still looks alive.
(c) Red-faced and bug-eyed.
(d) Black in the face.
2. What sort of pagoda does the story's narrator see from just off the mouth of the river?
3. How deep does the Sephora draw, according to the second mate?
(a) Twenty feet.
(b) Ten feet.
(c) Fifteen feet.
(d) 80 feet.
4. What does the captain see in the beginning of the story?
(a) Islands on one side and a port on the other.
(b) Islets on one side and ocean on the other.
(c) Ocean on one side and a port on the other.
(d) Islands on one side and ocean on the other.
5. From where does the Sephora hail, according to the second mate?
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon what do the hands of both the captain and the strange man rest?
2. Until what time does the captain, in an unprecedented move, propose to take a watch himself?
3. Who is the youngest man on board the ship?
4. To what infamous killer does the stranger relate himself as in the thoughts of the skipper's wife?
5. Where does the stranger say the skipper of the Sephora's wife is, presently?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)