|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What alternative does the mysterious stranger weigh against boarding the narrator's ship?
(a) Strangling himself.
(b) Sleeping on the rope ladder.
(c) Diving to the bottom of the gulf.
(d) Sinking from exhaustion.
2. What did Legatt do with the articles he removed while swimming in the sea?
(a) None of these.
(b) He used them to distract a shark.
(c) He tied them to a rock so they would sink.
(d) He let them sink on their own.
3. At what location did the stranger ask to speak with the captain of the Sephora?
(c) Java Head.
4. What does the captain cite as the chief mate's "dominant trait"?
(a) Earnest consideration of all things.
(b) Insincere appearance of consideration.
(c) Meddling in affairs not his own.
(d) Convoluted discourse on political matters.
5. Upon what do the hands of both the captain and the strange man rest?
(a) The skylight.
(b) The rail.
(c) The hatch.
(d) The rigging.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the stranger in the water ask of the captain before boarding the ship?
2. Why did Legatt jump in the water and begin swimming?
3. For how long did the Sephora drift about Carimata?
4. What keeps the captain from sleeping the night they see a strange ship approaching?
5. Where is the captain's riding light?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)