|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds it necessary to find a logical reason for every occurrence that comes his way?
(a) The captain.
(b) The second mate.
(c) The engineer.
(d) The chief mate.
2. How does Legatt describe the person he murdered to the captain?
(a) As someone who has no business to live at all.
(b) As someone who he respected, but he could not prevent the murder from occurring.
(c) As someone who deserved the end they got.
(d) As someone who did not deserve to die.
3. What bizarre, mysterious inquiry does the stranger make without being explicitly quoted in the text?
(a) What time is it?
(b) Where is the sultan?
(c) Where are we?
(d) Who am I?
4. To what infamous killer does the stranger relate himself as in the thoughts of the skipper's wife?
(b) Vlad the Impaler.
5. Who tells the crew about the approaching ship at the beginning of the story?
(a) The tugboat skipper.
(b) The captain of the other ship.
(c) None of these.
(d) The port authority.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where has the mysterious man directly come?
2. How did the stranger kill his victim?
3. Which of the following is NOT suggested as being at the narrator's left hand at the story's beginning?
4. What could potentially cause tension and frustration between the crew and their new captain?
5. Who is described as young, round-cheeked, quiet, and serious?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)