|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the previous occupation of the mysterious man?
(c) Second mate.
(d) First mate.
2. Whom does the captain say he will have relieve him after his unprecedented watch alone?
(a) The cook.
(b) The chief mate.
(c) The second mate.
(d) The steward.
3. What does the captain do after Legatt finishes his tale of escape?
(a) Lifts him into bed and draws the curtain.
(b) Settles him into one of the beds in the crew's quarters.
(c) Lays him down on the bed and gives him an extra pillow.
(d) Gives him a blanket and pillow for the cot in the brig.
4. The captain narrates that, after sharing his own story with the stranger, the two men face one another with identical what?
5. For how long has the captain been in command at the start of the tale?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) A month.
(c) Four nights.
(d) A week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Legatt happy to have toward the end of his swim in the sea?
2. What shape does the captain's quarters resemble?
3. What does the captain eat at breakfast?
4. What sort of sail were the mysterious stranger and his victim setting when the murder occurred?
5. What does the captain close after he and the stranger hear the noise overhead?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)