|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the captain's name?
(c) His name is never stated.
2. Who does the captain tell "to let all hands turn in without setting an anchor watch" the night they see a strange ship approaching?
(a) The second mate.
(b) The engineer.
(c) The deck hand.
(d) The chief mate.
3. What sort of pagoda does the story's narrator see from just off the mouth of the river?
4. With what word does the strange man beside the ship respond to the captain's first question?
5. What does the captain remark on as he takes Legatt below the ship?
(a) Legatt's face is awfully thin.
(b) Legatt's leg is bleeding.
(c) Legatt's tatoo is very unique.
(d) Legatt's arm is bleeding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the curtains around the captain's bed?
2. Who is the next youngest member of the crew?
3. How old does the captain believe Legatt is?
4. What do the captain and the stranger immediately share in common?
5. What is the profession of the mysterious man's father?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)