|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the captain believe he sees floating in the sea very close to the ladder?
(a) The clothed body of a woman.
(b) The naked body of a woman.
(c) The naked body of a man.
(d) The clothed body of a man.
2. To what innocent does the stranger relate his victim as in the thoughts of the skipper's wife?
(b) A peasant.
(c) Julius Caesar.
3. How many officers does the captain have?
4. How did the captain react after Legatt's story?
(a) He was clearly nervous.
(b) None of these.
(c) He remained calm.
(d) He was wondering what to do with Legatt.
5. What faces the door of the captain's stateroom?
(a) A map.
(b) A desk.
(c) A bed.
(d) A coat rack.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does the captain believe Legatt is?
2. How many days has the Sephora been gone from her previous port, according to the second mate?
3. In what Gulf is the narrator's ship anchored at the story's beginning?
4. What does the captain do after Legatt finishes his tale of escape?
5. What does the captain reflect to himself is the soul of discipline while walking aft on his watch?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)