|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the captain suggest to the Sephora's skipper might have been responsible for the death of Leggatt's victim?
(b) His own foolishness.
(c) The sea.
(d) A loose object on deck.
2. What did Legatt do with the articles he removed while swimming in the sea?
(a) He used them to distract a shark.
(b) He tied them to a rock so they would sink.
(c) He let them sink on their own.
(d) None of these.
3. How far from the mainland does the Sephora's skipper estimate his ship is anchored in Part 2?
(a) Three miles.
(b) Five miles.
(c) Eight miles.
(d) Seven miles.
4. What did the captain wonder about the skipper's personality?
(a) If he was ill.
(b) If he was hiding something.
(c) If he was shy.
(d) If he was violent.
5. When does the captain know that Legatt has successfully left the ship?
(a) When Legatt bangs on the side of the ship.
(b) When the captain sees the small row boat behind the ship.
(c) When Legatt signals the captain from the water.
(d) When the floppy hat is in the water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the skipper of the Sephora's eyes?
2. What oddity of appearance had the captain affected all the fifth day of traveling?
3. How do Legatt and the captain speak with each other?
4. What is the chief mate notably wearing when the captain decides he must show himself on deck?
5. Who does the stranger say has been with the skipper of the Sephora longest amongst the crew?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)