|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Leggatt use to describe the sea while speaking with the captain after the departure of the men from the Sephora?
2. How does Legatt suggest that he flee the ship?
(a) By swimming to the nearest ship.
(b) By taking a smaller boat off the ship in the middle of the night.
(c) By swimming to the nearest port.
(d) By being marooned among nearby islands.
3. What noise makes the captain start while Leggatt has a hold of his arm?
(a) The call for raised winds.
(b) The first mate knocking at the door.
(c) The steward setting the table in the saloon.
(d) The supper bell.
4. What order does the captain give to his second when the latter comes on deck?
(a) To keep an eye on the waves.
(b) To watch for storms.
(c) To watch for the wind.
(d) To listen closely for sounds of distress.
5. Through what straits did the stranger ask the captain of the Sephora to leave his door unlocked?
(a) The Sunda Straits.
(b) The Java Straits.
(c) The Gibraltar Straits.
(d) The Angier Straits.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long of a watch will the captain take in his unprecedented decision?
2. To what animal does the captain compare the man after making eye contact?
3. What does the captain discover when he tries to pull the rope ladder up?
4. What does the captain watch leave once on board the ship?
5. How does the captain's behavior throughout his conversation with the skipper cause the skipper to react?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)