|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the chief mate notably wearing when the captain decides he must show himself on deck?
(a) A bowler's cap.
(b) An American leather jerkin.
(c) India-rubber boots.
(d) Zebra-hide leggings.
2. What is the name of the river from which the ship has just left at the story's beginning?
3. How long was the crew working practically night and day?
(a) Four days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Three days.
(d) A week.
4. What else does the captain give Legatt before he leaves the ship?
(a) None of these.
(b) A compass.
(c) A change of clothes.
(d) A floppy straw hat.
5. Upon which island does the captain plan to deposit Leggatt as the two discuss matters quietly over a map in the stateroom?
(a) Kien Giang.
(d) Koah Mano.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Legatt, who called for a "reefed foresail" aboard the Sephora?
2. What shape is the captain's stateroom?
3. What is the name of the ship?
4. What does the captain eat at breakfast?
5. What of the island is said to be towering over the ship when the captain opens his eyes?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)