|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what did the stranger win a prize his second year in the Conway?
2. Where is the captain as the story opens?
(a) On the docks.
(b) On the tug boat.
(c) In a row boat.
(d) On his new ship.
3. How should Legatt get to the water from the captain's ship?
(a) He needs to lower himself to the water with a rope.
(b) He needs to sneak into the row boat and lower himself down.
(c) He needs to climb back down the rope ladder.
(d) He needs to jump in while the captain causes a distraction.
4. When does the captain first have the opportunity to give orders to move the boat forward?
(a) After Legatt first comes on board.
(b) After the skipper's visit.
(c) After Legatt is discovered.
(d) Just before the skipper's visit.
5. Who states "It's a great satisfaction to have got somebody to understand. You seem to have been there in purpose"?
(a) The captain.
(c) The skipper.
(d) The chief mate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Legatt remove from his body while he was swimming in the sea?
2. What oddity of appearance had the captain affected all the fifth day of traveling?
3. The captain says that his hesitation to let Leggatt swim away from his ship was a mere sham ____________.
4. How did the boat get to its location at the beginning of the book?
5. Where has Legatt come from?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)