|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the crew yell when they heard Legatt jump in the sea?
(c) "Man over board!"
(d) "Get him!"
2. What day is it when the men from the Sephora come aboard the unnamed ship?
3. What does the captain hear under the poop deck?
(a) A hand bell.
(d) A moan.
4. Which of the following does the captain not explicitly say is against him and his mysterious double?
(a) The silence of night.
(b) The quietness of the ship.
(c) The crew of his ship.
(d) The stillness of air and water.
5. Who says "I think I had come creeping quietly as near insanity as any man who has not actually gone over the border"?
(a) None of these.
(b) The captain.
(d) The chief mate.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the captain treat the skipper?
2. What color are the skipper of the Sephora's eyes?
3. The shadows of what are flung far eastward by the setting sun, as described after the Gulf is named?
4. What do the captain and the stranger immediately share in common?
5. What does Legatt assure the captain about their plan?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)