|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Isobel suggest Tom didn't lose any money investing in the firm?
2. What did Isobel buy back in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What does Rhonda say she was eating that drove the man she had an affair with mad?
4. What is Marion wearing in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. Why does Isobel say that she's stopping herself from being angry in Act 2, Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the character of Tom serve the play? What is the literary term that may be applied to him? What are his major characteristics? What does he represent symbolically?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the differences between the critical response of The Secret Rapture in London versus New York. What argument came about because of how the play was received in America? What do you think about this argument?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the various conflicts in The Secret Rapture. Which characters embody internal conflict? Where is the conflict established in the play? How does it shift?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)