|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katherine say that being angry is, at least?
2. Where does Tom suggest Isobel's workers go?
3. Who does Irwin say isn't around much lately in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What does Rhonda say she was eating that drove the man she had an affair with mad?
5. What does Irwin ask Isobel if he can do in Act 2, Scene 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of liberal versus conservative political views in The Secret Rapture. How does Hare incorporate this theme in the characters and the plot?
Essay Topic 2
How does the character of Tom serve the play? What is the literary term that may be applied to him? What are his major characteristics? What does he represent symbolically?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Marion and Isobel. How are these characters alike? How are they different? What are the faults of each?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)