|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
2. What does Katherine say that being angry is, at least?
3. What does Tom say they've had an excellent approach regarding in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Who does Rhonda talk about in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
5. How much does Tom anticipate compensating the workers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Hare's use of symbolism and motif in The Secret Rapture. Define these terms and give examples in your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Hare's unusual use of exposition in The Secret Rapture. What is the technique he employs in the play? What effect does this technique have?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of liberal versus conservative political views in The Secret Rapture. How does Hare incorporate this theme in the characters and the plot?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)