|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "He's so out of touch with his feelings that he's like some great half-dead animal that lies there, just thrashing about"?
2. What does Irwin say Isobel won't do since she's been back?
3. What does Isobel say to Katherine she will do if Katherine asks her to in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. What does Marion compare to fixing a car?
5. What does Irwin say that Isobel has done to him in Act 2, Scene 3?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Hare's use of irony in The Secret Rapture. What are the three forms of irony? Give an example of each within the play.
Essay Topic 2
How does "The Emptiness of Success" relate to The Secret Rapture? What does this phrase mean to you? What does it mean to the characters in the play? Who embodies this?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Hare's unusual use of exposition in The Secret Rapture. What is the technique he employs in the play? What effect does this technique have?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)