|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Irwin say excites him in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Which character says they've been angry all their life?
3. Who is present in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What does Irwin say that Isobel has done to him in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What does Katherine do after Isobel leaves the room in Act 2, Scene 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Hare's unusual use of exposition in The Secret Rapture. What is the technique he employs in the play? What effect does this technique have?
Essay Topic 2
What are the characteristics of Sir David Hare's literary style that can be seen in The Secret Rapture? Discuss and define these and give examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Irwin's actions and objectives in The Secret Rapture. What changes does his character undergo? What does he represent symbolically?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)