|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 2, Scene 4 take place?
2. Who does Tom say he's "slightly lost touch with" in Act 2, Scene 4?
3. Why does Isobel suggest Tom didn't lose any money investing in the firm?
4. What does Isobel bring in for dinner in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What did Isobel buy back in Act 2, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role that "Dependency" plays in The Secret Rapture. Which characters are afflicted with dependencies? How?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of foreshadowing in The Secret Rapture. What objects, people, or symbols are elements of foreshadowing that the author uses? How and when do these recur?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the plot structure of The Secret Rapture. Include examples and define the terms of Rising Action, Climax, and Falling action in your discussion.
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)