|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katherine say they said in AA to do when you get angry?
2. Which character says they've been angry all their life?
3. What does Isobel ask Irwin to do in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Who appears at the office unexpectedly in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What is Rhonda drinking in Act 2, Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Hare's use of irony in The Secret Rapture. What are the three forms of irony? Give an example of each within the play.
Essay Topic 2
How does "The Emptiness of Success" relate to The Secret Rapture? What does this phrase mean to you? What does it mean to the characters in the play? Who embodies this?
Essay Topic 3
Who is the Protagonist of The Secret Rapture? What is this character's "Tragic Flaw?" Who or what is the Antagonist? Discuss how this play does or does not follow that of a traditional tragedy.
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)