|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rhonda say she was eating that drove the man she had an affair with mad?
2. Where does Rhonda say she met the man whom she had the encounter with in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Which character says they've been angry all their life?
4. Who is present in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What sound is heard between Act 2, Scene 3 and Act 2, Scene 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is the Protagonist of The Secret Rapture? What is this character's "Tragic Flaw?" Who or what is the Antagonist? Discuss how this play does or does not follow that of a traditional tragedy.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the various conflicts in The Secret Rapture. Which characters embody internal conflict? Where is the conflict established in the play? How does it shift?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of liberal versus conservative political views in The Secret Rapture. How does Hare incorporate this theme in the characters and the plot?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)