|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isobel ask Irwin to do in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What does Irwin say that Isobel has done to him in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What does Isobel say she feels when Irwin says he loves her in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Who says, "All I had to do is walk in the door and I was handed a role. My role is: the woman betrayed"?
5. What does Marion do to Katherine in Act 2, Scene 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of the setting in The Secret Rapture. How would this play be different if set in another place or time period? Would it work? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Hare's unusual use of exposition in The Secret Rapture. What is the technique he employs in the play? What effect does this technique have?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of Sacrifice in The Secret Rapture. What does this word mean? How does it apply to the main character? How does it apply to other characters?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)