|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katherine tell Isobel that Irwin doesn't have in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What does Katherine say Robert loved?
3. What does Isobel ask Irwin to do in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What does Isobel wear in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Who says, "All I had to do is walk in the door and I was handed a role. My role is: the woman betrayed"?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the title of the play. What does "The Secret Rapture" refer to? How does this apply to the themes and symbols in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of Imagery in The Secret Rapture. In your answer, define the terms "simile" and "metaphor." Give examples of each.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Marion and Isobel. How are these characters alike? How are they different? What are the faults of each?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)