|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katherine say Robert loved?
2. Who is Irwin with when he enters in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What is Rhonda drinking in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Who is present in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What word does Irwin say excites him in Act 2, Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the various conflicts in The Secret Rapture. Which characters embody internal conflict? Where is the conflict established in the play? How does it shift?
Essay Topic 2
How does the character of Tom serve the play? What is the literary term that may be applied to him? What are his major characteristics? What does he represent symbolically?
Essay Topic 3
What are the characteristics of Sir David Hare's literary style that can be seen in The Secret Rapture? Discuss and define these and give examples from the text.
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)