|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isobel bring in for dinner in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. Where does Act 2, Scene 3 take place?
3. Where does Marion tell Tom she can't go in Act 2, Scene 4?
4. What has happened to Isobel and Irwin in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Who does Rhonda talk about in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is the Protagonist of The Secret Rapture? What is this character's "Tragic Flaw?" Who or what is the Antagonist? Discuss how this play does or does not follow that of a traditional tragedy.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Hare's use of irony in The Secret Rapture. What are the three forms of irony? Give an example of each within the play.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Irwin's actions and objectives in The Secret Rapture. What changes does his character undergo? What does he represent symbolically?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)