|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
2. Where does Act 2, Scene 3 take place?
3. What does Irwin say Isobel won't do since she's been back?
4. What word does Irwin say excites him in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Where does Marion tell Tom she can't go in Act 2, Scene 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of Katherine. Is this character a protagonist or antagonist? Mention her age, demeanor, and characteristics. How does she relate to the other characters in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Hare's unusual use of exposition in The Secret Rapture. What is the technique he employs in the play? What effect does this technique have?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of foreshadowing in The Secret Rapture. What objects, people, or symbols are elements of foreshadowing that the author uses? How and when do these recur?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)