|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rhonda say she was eating that drove the man she had an affair with mad?
2. Who says, "Do you know what politics is? Finally? Politics is being there every day"?
3. What does Marion say she thinks they should be considering for Isobel in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Where does Marion tell Tom she can't go in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. What does Isobel ask Irwin to do in Act 2, Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role that "Dependency" plays in The Secret Rapture. Which characters are afflicted with dependencies? How?
Essay Topic 2
How does "The Emptiness of Success" relate to The Secret Rapture? What does this phrase mean to you? What does it mean to the characters in the play? Who embodies this?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Hare's unusual use of exposition in The Secret Rapture. What is the technique he employs in the play? What effect does this technique have?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)