|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Isobel go after she left Irwin and Rhonda?
2. Where does Marion tell Tom she can't go in Act 2, Scene 4?
3. What does Irwin say that Katherine does to Isobel day after day?
4. Why does Rhonda tell Isobel she came by in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Who says, "He's so out of touch with his feelings that he's like some great half-dead animal that lies there, just thrashing about"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the plot structure of The Secret Rapture. Include examples and define the terms of Rising Action, Climax, and Falling action in your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Hare's use of symbolism and motif in The Secret Rapture. Define these terms and give examples in your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role that "Dependency" plays in The Secret Rapture. Which characters are afflicted with dependencies? How?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)