|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Why does there have to be this endless complication" in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Which character says they've been angry all their life?
3. What does Isobel do when she hears someone at the door in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. What does Isobel wear in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Who says, "Do you believe anything a man says? Especially on this subject? Do you have any idea what being a woman is like"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of Sacrifice in The Secret Rapture. What does this word mean? How does it apply to the main character? How does it apply to other characters?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of the setting in The Secret Rapture. How would this play be different if set in another place or time period? Would it work? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of Imagery in The Secret Rapture. In your answer, define the terms "simile" and "metaphor." Give examples of each.
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)