|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears at the office unexpectedly in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What word does Irwin say excites him in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What is Rhonda drinking in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What does Irwin say that Isobel has done to him in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. Who is present in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of Katherine. Is this character a protagonist or antagonist? Mention her age, demeanor, and characteristics. How does she relate to the other characters in the play?
Essay Topic 2
How does "The Emptiness of Success" relate to The Secret Rapture? What does this phrase mean to you? What does it mean to the characters in the play? Who embodies this?
Essay Topic 3
Who is the Protagonist of The Secret Rapture? What is this character's "Tragic Flaw?" Who or what is the Antagonist? Discuss how this play does or does not follow that of a traditional tragedy.
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)