|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "You felt that? And you also felt that this was my fault" in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Who says, "Do you believe anything a man says? Especially on this subject? Do you have any idea what being a woman is like"?
3. What does Isobel suggest she and Katherine do in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
4. What does Irwin ask Isobel if he can do in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What does Marion do to Katherine in Act 2, Scene 4?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role that "Dependency" plays in The Secret Rapture. Which characters are afflicted with dependencies? How?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Katherine. Is this character a protagonist or antagonist? Mention her age, demeanor, and characteristics. How does she relate to the other characters in the play?
Essay Topic 3
How does "The Emptiness of Success" relate to The Secret Rapture? What does this phrase mean to you? What does it mean to the characters in the play? Who embodies this?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)