|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is laying in the bed in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does Irwin say that Gordon felt toward Isobel?
3. What is one of Irwin's files named?
4. Who did Katherine consult about selling the house?
5. Whom did Katherine not consult about her future plans in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Isobel tell Irwin when he insists she make love to him in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. Who is Irwin? What is he doing in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
3. Who does Katherine say wants to invest in the firm? Why?
4. What does Irwin suggest Isabel do about Katherine in Act 1, Scene 3? How does she respond?
5. How does Marion compare Isobel to their father following the funeral in Act 1? How does Isobel respond?
6. Why is Isobel not around the office much in Act 2, Scene 2?
7. What is taking place at the beginning of Act 2? Where does this scene take place?
8. What does Katherine burst into the office with in Act 1, Scene 3? What is insensitive about her purchase?
9. What indicates a change in Marion in the final scene?
10. What does Marion say about Isobel to Irwin after hearing about their breakup?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is the Protagonist of The Secret Rapture? What is this character's "Tragic Flaw?" Who or what is the Antagonist? Discuss how this play does or does not follow that of a traditional tragedy.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of foreshadowing in The Secret Rapture. What objects, people, or symbols are elements of foreshadowing that the author uses? How and when do these recur?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Marion and Isobel. How are these characters alike? How are they different? What are the faults of each?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)