|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Katherine carrying when she enters in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
3. Which character is the protagonist in The Secret Rapture?
4. What does Irwin ask Isobel to do at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
5. In whose bedroom does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What interrupts the seduction between Irwin and Rhonda in Act 2?
2. What does Katherine complain about in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2? Why?
3. What does Irwin suggest Isabel do about Katherine in Act 1, Scene 3? How does she respond?
4. What does Tom bring in with him Act 1, Scene 4? What do they mean?
5. How does Irwin compare himself to Katherine in Act 2, Scene 3? Why does he not understand Katherine's place with Isobel?
6. What does Marion accuse Isobel of doing with the expansion in Act 2? How does Isobel respond?
7. What truth does Marion admit about herself in the final scene?
8. What does Rhonda talk about with Irwin in Act 2?
9. Why does Irwin say that Rhonda is at the office in Act 2?
10. Why is Isobel not around the office much in Act 2, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Hare's use of irony in The Secret Rapture. What are the three forms of irony? Give an example of each within the play.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role that "Dependency" plays in The Secret Rapture. Which characters are afflicted with dependencies? How?
Essay Topic 3
Who is the Protagonist of The Secret Rapture? What is this character's "Tragic Flaw?" Who or what is the Antagonist? Discuss how this play does or does not follow that of a traditional tragedy.
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)