|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tom ask if anyone is going in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What is one of Irwin's files named?
3. What was Mr. Glass mentioned as being at his funeral?
4. What does Tom offer when he enters in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does Katherine say that Robert didn't want?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Isobel the night at the movies with Irwin and Rhonda?
2. What is Marion's response when Isobel enters in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. How have Marion and Tom undermined Isobel in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. What does Katherine say happened with her first boyfriend--then the second and the third?
5. What does Isobel say regarding the minister in Act 1 Scene 2?
6. Why does Marion explode at Isobel in Act 1, Scene 1?
7. How does Irwin appear when he enters in Act 1, Scene 2? Who is with him?
8. Who does Katherine say wants to invest in the firm? Why?
9. Describe the setting of Act 1, Scene 1. What happens before anyone speaks?
10. What does Tom bring in with him Act 1, Scene 4? What do they mean?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the character of Tom serve the play? What is the literary term that may be applied to him? What are his major characteristics? What does he represent symbolically?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of Sacrifice in The Secret Rapture. What does this word mean? How does it apply to the main character? How does it apply to other characters?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the plot structure of The Secret Rapture. Include examples and define the terms of Rising Action, Climax, and Falling action in your discussion.
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)