|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Irwin say that landed on Isobel?
2. Who says, "I sometimes think what sort of life is it if we only think about ourselves" in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. Who does Isobel tell Tom is coming in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does Tom carry in with him in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. Who says, "It's really impossible. Is it the same for all women? People get a fix. You do nothing, absolutely nothing"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katherine say they taught her to do in AA when she was angry? How does she feel about it?
2. Why does Katherine tell Isobel she is celebrating in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What does Marion ask Isobel about their father's death in Act 1, Scene 1? What does Isobel say?
4. What is Isobel's response when Irwin tells her he loves her in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What does Marion say about Isobel to Irwin after hearing about their breakup?
6. Why does Irwin say that Rhonda is at the office in Act 2?
7. What about Rhonda seems to turn Irwin on?
8. How does Katherine express her feelings about Marion's job versus Isobel's?
9. What is the setting of Act 2, Scene 2? Who is present at the beginning of this scene and what are they discussing?
10. What sound is heard when Irwin enters in Act 1, Scene 4? What does he comment about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of Marion and Isobel. How are these characters alike? How are they different? What are the faults of each?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role that "Dependency" plays in The Secret Rapture. Which characters are afflicted with dependencies? How?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Irwin's actions and objectives in The Secret Rapture. What changes does his character undergo? What does he represent symbolically?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)