|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "We don't do it in London. We don't say, 'Great, let's go out and shoot some cats. That would be fun'"?
2. Who did Katherine consult about selling the house?
3. What does Marion say that she and Tom are willing to do with Irwin's salary?
4. How long does Isobel say that she hasn't seen Katherine drink in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. Who does Katherine say wants to make an investment in the firm in Act 1, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marion compare Isobel to their father following the funeral in Act 1? How does Isobel respond?
2. How does Katherine express her feelings about Marion's job versus Isobel's?
3. Why does Isobel suggest she stay alone with Katherine after the funeral? How does Marion respond?
4. How does Irwin compare himself to Katherine in Act 2, Scene 3? Why does he not understand Katherine's place with Isobel?
5. Why does Irwin say that Rhonda is at the office in Act 2?
6. What does Marion ask Isobel about their father's death in Act 1, Scene 1? What does Isobel say?
7. What is the setting of Act 2, Scene 2? Who is present at the beginning of this scene and what are they discussing?
8. What does Marion say about Tom's trustworthiness in business in Act 1, Scene 4?
9. Describe the character of Marion. How is she typically dressed? What is her occupation?
10. What does Katherine say are her plans after Robert's death? Why is this a surprise?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of Katherine. Is this character a protagonist or antagonist? Mention her age, demeanor, and characteristics. How does she relate to the other characters in the play?
Essay Topic 2
How does the character of Tom serve the play? What is the literary term that may be applied to him? What are his major characteristics? What does he represent symbolically?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of Sacrifice in The Secret Rapture. What does this word mean? How does it apply to the main character? How does it apply to other characters?
This section contains 1,209 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)