|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marion do when Isobel calls her name in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Who does Marion say she's furious with in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Who are Isobel's business partners?
4. Who says, "There is no justice. A woman responds with the most deplorable things"?
5. Who says, "We don't do it in London. We don't say, 'Great, let's go out and shoot some cats. That would be fun'"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katherine remark about what else was in the room before? What does she say about Robert in regard to it?
2. How have Marion and Tom undermined Isobel in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. What is taking place at the beginning of Act 2? Where does this scene take place?
4. What is the argument Marion and Katherine get regarding the funeral in Act 1?
5. Why does Irwin say that Rhonda is at the office in Act 2?
6. Why does Katherine tell Isobel she is celebrating in Act 1, Scene 3?
7. What sound is heard when Irwin enters in Act 1, Scene 4? What does he comment about it?
8. Describe the character of Marion. How is she typically dressed? What is her occupation?
9. What happened to Isobel the night at the movies with Irwin and Rhonda?
10. What is Isobel's response when Irwin tells her he loves her in Act 2, Scene 1?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Hare's use of irony in The Secret Rapture. What are the three forms of irony? Give an example of each within the play.
Essay Topic 2
What are the characteristics of Sir David Hare's literary style that can be seen in The Secret Rapture? Discuss and define these and give examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the title of the play. What does "The Secret Rapture" refer to? How does this apply to the themes and symbols in the play?
This section contains 1,217 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)