|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sits in the chair in the dark in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Who says, "It's really impossible. Is it the same for all women? People get a fix. You do nothing, absolutely nothing"?
3. Who is laying in the bed in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Where is the ring that Robert was wearing?
5. Why does Irwin say it's different for him than for Gordon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katherine remark about what else was in the room before? What does she say about Robert in regard to it?
2. What does Isobel tell Katherine about her coming to work for her? How does Katherine justify it?
3. What does Tom bring in with him Act 1, Scene 4? What do they mean?
4. Who is Irwin? What is he doing in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
5. What does Marion ask Isobel about their father's death in Act 1, Scene 1? What does Isobel say?
6. Why does Irwin say that Rhonda is at the office in Act 2?
7. What happened to Isobel the night at the movies with Irwin and Rhonda?
8. How does Irwin appear when he enters in Act 1, Scene 2? Who is with him?
9. What is the argument Marion and Katherine get regarding the funeral in Act 1?
10. What does Rhonda talk about with Irwin in Act 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of Marion and Isobel. How are these characters alike? How are they different? What are the faults of each?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Hare's use of symbolism and motif in The Secret Rapture. Define these terms and give examples in your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character of Katherine. Is this character a protagonist or antagonist? Mention her age, demeanor, and characteristics. How does she relate to the other characters in the play?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)