|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katherine say she's celebrating in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. Why does Marion go inside in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Who did Katherine consult about selling the house?
4. Who says, "It's really impossible. Is it the same for all women? People get a fix. You do nothing, absolutely nothing"?
5. What was Mr. Glass mentioned as being at his funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Isobel not around the office much in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Describe the character of Marion. How is she typically dressed? What is her occupation?
3. What is the setting of Act 2, Scene 2? Who is present at the beginning of this scene and what are they discussing?
4. Why does Isobel suggest she stay alone with Katherine after the funeral? How does Marion respond?
5. What is different about the embrace between Tom and Marion in the end of the play?
6. Describe the setting of Act 1, Scene 1. What happens before anyone speaks?
7. What does Rhonda say she'll do next time the politician calls her? What does she say about Marion's reaction to the story?
8. How have Marion and Tom undermined Isobel in Act 1, Scene 4?
9. What does Rhonda talk about with Irwin in Act 2?
10. How does Irwin appear when he enters in Act 1, Scene 2? Who is with him?
Essay Topic 1
What are the characteristics of Sir David Hare's literary style that can be seen in The Secret Rapture? Discuss and define these and give examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Katherine. Is this character a protagonist or antagonist? Mention her age, demeanor, and characteristics. How does she relate to the other characters in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Irwin's actions and objectives in The Secret Rapture. What changes does his character undergo? What does he represent symbolically?
This section contains 1,203 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)