|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "The best way--I was explaining this to Tom and Marion this morning--to get good work in our field is to leave people alone"?
2. Who says, "There is no justice. A woman responds with the most deplorable things"?
3. Which character is the protagonist in The Secret Rapture?
4. Who has Marion just met with before Act 1, Scene 4?
5. What sound is heard in the background throughout Act 1, Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What interrupts the seduction between Irwin and Rhonda in Act 2?
2. How does Katherine express her feelings about Marion's job versus Isobel's?
3. What does Isobel say regarding the minister in Act 1 Scene 2?
4. What does Katherine say are her plans after Robert's death? Why is this a surprise?
5. What does Irwin suggest Isabel do about Katherine in Act 1, Scene 3? How does she respond?
6. What does Isobel ask Tom about the business deal in Act 2, Scene 2? How does he respond?
7. How does Irwin appear when he enters in Act 1, Scene 2? Who is with him?
8. Who does Katherine say wants to invest in the firm? Why?
9. Why does Irwin say that Rhonda is at the office in Act 2?
10. What does Irwin ask Isobel about their future in Act 1, Scene 3? How does she respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of the setting in The Secret Rapture. How would this play be different if set in another place or time period? Would it work? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role that "Dependency" plays in The Secret Rapture. Which characters are afflicted with dependencies? How?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of Sacrifice in The Secret Rapture. What does this word mean? How does it apply to the main character? How does it apply to other characters?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)