Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katherine say she's celebrating in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. Who says, "The best way--I was explaining this to Tom and Marion this morning--to get good work in our field is to leave people alone"?
3. What was Robert's profession?
4. What did Irwin paint when he was 17?
5. Who does Tom imply fixed his car?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marion say about Isobel in the final scene?
2. What sound is heard when Irwin enters in Act 1, Scene 4? What does he comment about it?
3. What does Isobel ask Tom about the business deal in Act 2, Scene 2? How does he respond?
4. What does Irwin ask Isobel about their future in Act 1, Scene 3? How does she respond?
5. Who is Irwin? What is he doing in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
6. Who leaves a letter outside the door in Act 1, Scene 3? What does it say? What does Isobel say?
7. What does Irwin say to Isobel after the others leave in Act 1, Scene 4? What is her response?
8. What is different about the embrace between Tom and Marion in the end of the play?
9. How does Irwin compare himself to Katherine in Act 2, Scene 3? Why does he not understand Katherine's place with Isobel?
10. What is the setting of Act 1, Scene 4? What is taking place at the beginning of this scene?
Discuss the character of Katherine. Is this character a protagonist or antagonist? Mention her age, demeanor, and characteristics. How does she relate to the other characters in the play?
What are the characteristics of Sir David Hare's literary style that can be seen in The Secret Rapture? Discuss and define these and give examples from the text.
Discuss the title of the play. What does "The Secret Rapture" refer to? How does this apply to the themes and symbols in the play?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)