|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mr. Glass believe in that wasn't mentioned at his funeral?
2. Where is the ring that Robert was wearing?
3. What does Marion say that Katherine would do with Robert's ring?
4. What does Tom offer when he enters in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Which character is the protagonist in The Secret Rapture?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Isobel justify Katherine to her sister in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does Irwin say to Isobel after the others leave in Act 1, Scene 4? What is her response?
3. Who does Katherine say wants to invest in the firm? Why?
4. What does Marion accuse Isobel of doing with the expansion in Act 2? How does Isobel respond?
5. What does Isobel ask Tom about the business deal in Act 2, Scene 2? How does he respond?
6. What does Isobel tell Irwin when he insists she make love to him in Act 2, Scene 3?
7. What does Katherine say are her plans after Robert's death? Why is this a surprise?
8. What is the main reason Gordon left the firm, according to Irwin?
9. Why doesn't Marion like Katherine?
10. What interrupts the seduction between Irwin and Rhonda in Act 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Irwin's actions and objectives in The Secret Rapture. What changes does his character undergo? What does he represent symbolically?
Essay Topic 2
How does "The Emptiness of Success" relate to The Secret Rapture? What does this phrase mean to you? What does it mean to the characters in the play? Who embodies this?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role that "Dependency" plays in The Secret Rapture. Which characters are afflicted with dependencies? How?
This section contains 1,209 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)