|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In whose bedroom does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
2. How long does Isobel say that she hasn't seen Katherine drink in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What was Robert's profession?
4. Who says, "The guns are getting nearer. God, will nobody leave us in peace"?
5. Who says, "We don't do it in London. We don't say, 'Great, let's go out and shoot some cats. That would be fun'"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Isobel the night at the movies with Irwin and Rhonda?
2. Describe the setting of Act 1, Scene 1. What happens before anyone speaks?
3. What does Marion accuse Isobel of not wanting to do in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. How have Marion and Tom undermined Isobel in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. Why is Isobel not around the office much in Act 2, Scene 2?
6. Why does Isobel insist Katherine lock the deadbolt? What is her response?
7. What does Irwin ask Isobel about their future in Act 1, Scene 3? How does she respond?
8. What does Katherine complain about in Act 2, Scene 3? How does Isobel respond?
9. What is the argument Marion and Katherine get regarding the funeral in Act 1?
10. How does Isobel justify Katherine to her sister in Act 1, Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of the setting in The Secret Rapture. How would this play be different if set in another place or time period? Would it work? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Marion and Isobel. How are these characters alike? How are they different? What are the faults of each?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the various conflicts in The Secret Rapture. Which characters embody internal conflict? Where is the conflict established in the play? How does it shift?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)