|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is left alone with Isobel in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. Who does Isobel say her father never spoke to in his life?
3. Whose idea was it that everyone abstain from alcohol after the funeral?
4. What does Marion say she can't stand about Isobel in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What does Isobel say you can see if you look carefully round Tom's chest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marion say about Isobel to Irwin after hearing about their breakup?
2. Why does Marion explode at Isobel in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does Rhonda talk about with Irwin in Act 2?
4. What is the main reason Gordon left the firm, according to Irwin?
5. What does Irwin suggest Isabel do about Katherine in Act 1, Scene 3? How does she respond?
6. What is Marion's response when Isobel enters in Act 2, Scene 2?
7. What does Katherine burst into the office with in Act 1, Scene 3? What is insensitive about her purchase?
8. What indicates a change in Marion in the final scene?
9. What does Isobel say regarding the minister in Act 1 Scene 2?
10. How does Marion compare Isobel to their father following the funeral in Act 1? How does Isobel respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Discuss the various conflicts in The Secret Rapture. Which characters embody internal conflict? Where is the conflict established in the play? How does it shift?
Essay Topic 2Discuss the theme of Sacrifice in The Secret Rapture. What does this word mean? How does it apply to the main character? How does it apply to other characters?
Essay Topic 3Discuss the importance of the setting in The Secret Rapture. How would this play be different if set in another place or time period? Would it work? Why or why not?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)