|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katherine say that Robert didn't want?
2. Who is President of Christians in Business?
3. Who is Tom married to?
4. Where does Katherine want to move in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Who does Katherine say will consider giving them a contract for 18 months?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Isobel not around the office much in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What does Rhonda talk about with Irwin in Act 2?
3. How does Marion compare Isobel to their father following the funeral in Act 1? How does Isobel respond?
4. What does Marion say about Tom's trustworthiness in business in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. What sound is heard when Irwin enters in Act 1, Scene 4? What does he comment about it?
6. What truth does Marion admit about herself in the final scene?
7. Why does Isobel tell Irwin she is gathering Katherine's things from the office in Act 2?
8. Why does Isobel suggest she stay alone with Katherine after the funeral? How does Marion respond?
9. What indicates a change in Marion in the final scene?
10. How does Irwin compare himself to Katherine in Act 2, Scene 3? Why does he not understand Katherine's place with Isobel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the characteristics of Sir David Hare's literary style that can be seen in The Secret Rapture? Discuss and define these and give examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Hare's use of irony in The Secret Rapture. What are the three forms of irony? Give an example of each within the play.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the title of the play. What does "The Secret Rapture" refer to? How does this apply to the themes and symbols in the play?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)