|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katherine suggest to Isobel in regards to the deal with Tom?
2. What does Katherine say she's celebrating in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. Who says, "What this government is. Its loathsome materialism. The awful sanctification of greed"?
4. Who says, "People need power. Nuclear power is a cheap and effective way to provide it"?
5. What does Isobel refer to the ring as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katherine complain about in Act 2, Scene 3? How does Isobel respond?
2. Why does Katherine tell Isobel she is celebrating in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What is the argument Marion and Katherine get regarding the funeral in Act 1?
4. What does Katherine say they taught her to do in AA when she was angry? How does she feel about it?
5. What is the setting of Act 2, Scene 2? Who is present at the beginning of this scene and what are they discussing?
6. Describe the character of Marion. How is she typically dressed? What is her occupation?
7. How does Isobel justify Katherine to her sister in Act 1, Scene 1?
8. What does Rhonda talk about with Irwin in Act 2?
9. What is the main reason Gordon left the firm, according to Irwin?
10. What does Marion come to the bedroom to get in Act 1, Scene 1? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of liberal versus conservative political views in The Secret Rapture. How does Hare incorporate this theme in the characters and the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the plot structure of The Secret Rapture. Include examples and define the terms of Rising Action, Climax, and Falling action in your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the various conflicts in The Secret Rapture. Which characters embody internal conflict? Where is the conflict established in the play? How does it shift?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)