|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "People need power. Nuclear power is a cheap and effective way to provide it"?
2. Isobel says, "The great thing is to _______."
3. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
4. What words does Irwin say are like a hand enclosing his heart?
5. What does Irwin say that Gordon felt toward Isobel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marion accuse Isobel of not wanting to do in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. What does Isobel ask Tom about the business deal in Act 2, Scene 2? How does he respond?
3. What does Katherine say are her plans after Robert's death? Why is this a surprise?
4. What is different about the embrace between Tom and Marion in the end of the play?
5. What is the main reason Gordon left the firm, according to Irwin?
6. What does Tom bring in with him Act 1, Scene 4? What do they mean?
7. Why does Isobel insist Katherine lock the deadbolt? What is her response?
8. What does Katherine say they taught her to do in AA when she was angry? How does she feel about it?
9. What does Irwin ask Isobel about their future in Act 1, Scene 3? How does she respond?
10. What does Katherine complain about in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the various conflicts in The Secret Rapture. Which characters embody internal conflict? Where is the conflict established in the play? How does it shift?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the plot structure of The Secret Rapture. Include examples and define the terms of Rising Action, Climax, and Falling action in your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Hare's use of symbolism and motif in The Secret Rapture. Define these terms and give examples in your discussion.
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)