|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katherine say is the problem with Irwin's work?
2. What does Marion say she can't stand about Isobel in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Who is Tom married to?
4. How long does Isobel say that she hasn't seen Katherine drink in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. Whom did Katherine not consult about her future plans in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marion accuse Isobel of not wanting to do in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. Why does Isobel tell Irwin she is gathering Katherine's things from the office in Act 2?
3. What does Irwin suggest Isabel do about Katherine in Act 1, Scene 3? How does she respond?
4. Why does Isobel hesitate in signing the contract with Tom and Marion?
5. What does Rhonda talk about with Irwin in Act 2?
6. How does Irwin appear when he enters in Act 1, Scene 2? Who is with him?
7. What does Marion ask Isobel about their father's death in Act 1, Scene 1? What does Isobel say?
8. What truth does Marion admit about herself in the final scene?
9. What sound is heard when Irwin enters in Act 1, Scene 4? What does he comment about it?
10. What about Rhonda seems to turn Irwin on?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Hare's use of irony in The Secret Rapture. What are the three forms of irony? Give an example of each within the play.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the plot structure of The Secret Rapture. Include examples and define the terms of Rising Action, Climax, and Falling action in your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
What are the characteristics of Sir David Hare's literary style that can be seen in The Secret Rapture? Discuss and define these and give examples from the text.
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)