|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Katherine say will consider giving them a contract for 18 months?
2. In whose bedroom does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
3. Who does Isobel say her father never spoke to in his life?
4. What does Katherine suggest to Isobel in regards to the deal with Tom?
5. Who does Katherine say IS the business in Act 1, Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marion say about Tom's trustworthiness in business in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. What interrupts the seduction between Irwin and Rhonda in Act 2?
3. What is Marion's response when Isobel enters in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What is the setting of Act 1, Scene 4? What is taking place at the beginning of this scene?
5. Describe the setting of Act 1, Scene 1. What happens before anyone speaks?
6. Who is Irwin? What is he doing in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
7. What does Rhonda talk about with Irwin in Act 2?
8. What does Katherine say happened with her first boyfriend--then the second and the third?
9. Why does Isobel suggest she stay alone with Katherine after the funeral? How does Marion respond?
10. What does Isobel tell Katherine about her coming to work for her? How does Katherine justify it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Hare's use of symbolism and motif in The Secret Rapture. Define these terms and give examples in your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Hare's unusual use of exposition in The Secret Rapture. What is the technique he employs in the play? What effect does this technique have?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Irwin's actions and objectives in The Secret Rapture. What changes does his character undergo? What does he represent symbolically?
This section contains 1,192 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)