|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "It's really impossible. Is it the same for all women? People get a fix. You do nothing, absolutely nothing"?
2. What does Katherine say she's celebrating in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Getting a raise.
(b) Buying a house.
(c) Selling the house.
(d) Leaving the firm.
3. Why does Irwin say it's different for him than for Gordon?
(a) Because he's gay.
(b) Because he's with Isobel.
(c) Because he hates Isobel.
(d) Because he's with Katherine.
4. What does Marion say regarding Katherine in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) She's drunk.
(b) She's lecherous.
(c) She's happy.
(d) She's dangerous.
5. Who does Isobel tell Tom is coming in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A psychiatrist.
(b) An undertaker.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
2. What is the name of the local pub referred to in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Who says, "The guns are getting nearer. God, will nobody leave us in peace"?
4. What is Katherine complaining about in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Why is Tom building a swimming pool in his back garden?
Short Essay Questions
1. What indicates a change in Marion in the final scene?
2. How does Katherine express her feelings about Marion's job versus Isobel's?
3. What does Tom bring in with him Act 1, Scene 4? What do they mean?
4. What does Isobel tell Irwin when he insists she make love to him in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. Where is Act 2, Scene 4 set? What is taking place?
6. What does Katherine say are her plans after Robert's death? Why is this a surprise?
7. Who is Irwin? What is he doing in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
8. How have Marion and Tom undermined Isobel in Act 1, Scene 4?
9. What does Katherine remark about what else was in the room before? What does she say about Robert in regard to it?
10. How does Irwin compare himself to Katherine in Act 2, Scene 3? Why does he not understand Katherine's place with Isobel?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)