|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Katherine say IS the business in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. Who is the Junior Minister at the Department of the Environment?
3. Who says, "Why do people think it's smart to be poor"?
4. What does Marion say that Katherine would do with Robert's ring?
(a) Sell it for drink.
(b) Give it away.
(c) Wear it.
(d) Sell it for drugs.
5. What does Isobel ask Marion not to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Turn off the light.
(b) Turn on the radio.
(c) Open the door.
(d) Turn on the main light.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Marion suggest Isobel put on the board?
2. Who does Isobel tell Tom is coming in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Who says, "There's nothing people like more than claiming great friendship with people who aren't in a position to deny it"?
4. Who says, "There is no justice. A woman responds with the most deplorable things"?
5. Who says, "The guns are getting nearer. God, will nobody leave us in peace"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tom bring in with him Act 1, Scene 4? What do they mean?
2. Describe the setting of Act 1, Scene 1. What happens before anyone speaks?
3. Why does Isobel suggest she stay alone with Katherine after the funeral? How does Marion respond?
4. What is Marion's response when Isobel enters in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Why does Irwin say that Rhonda is at the office in Act 2?
6. What is Isobel's response when Irwin tells her he loves her in Act 2, Scene 1?
7. What is the main reason Gordon left the firm, according to Irwin?
8. What indicates a change in Marion in the final scene?
9. What interrupts the seduction between Irwin and Rhonda in Act 2?
10. What sound is heard when Irwin enters in Act 1, Scene 4? What does he comment about it?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)