|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Marion suggest Isobel put on the board?
2. What sound does Isobel hear at the door in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) A burglar.
(b) A letter drop.
(c) A doorbell.
(d) A phone ringing.
3. What does Katherine say she's celebrating in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Getting a raise.
(b) Buying a house.
(c) Selling the house.
(d) Leaving the firm.
4. Who is left alone with Isobel in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. Who does Isobel say thinks it's a folly to mix family and business?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Katherine say wants to make an investment in the firm in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. Who sits in the chair in the dark in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Who does Irwin say that Gordon looked like?
4. What does Katherine say she had a "ridiculous relationship" with?
5. What is one of Irwin's files named?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Katherine tell Isobel she is celebrating in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. Where is Act 2, Scene 4 set? What is taking place?
3. How does Irwin compare himself to Katherine in Act 2, Scene 3? Why does he not understand Katherine's place with Isobel?
4. What does Katherine complain about in Act 2, Scene 3? How does Isobel respond?
5. What is different about the embrace between Tom and Marion in the end of the play?
6. What interrupts the seduction between Irwin and Rhonda in Act 2?
7. What about Rhonda seems to turn Irwin on?
8. What does Isobel tell Irwin when he insists she make love to him in Act 2, Scene 3?
9. Describe the character of Marion. How is she typically dressed? What is her occupation?
10. What indicates a change in Marion in the final scene?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)