|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the ring that Robert was wearing?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) At the jeweler.
(c) In the drawer.
(d) On his finger.
2. Who does Katherine say will consider giving them a contract for 18 months?
3. Who does Irwin say that landed on Isobel?
4. Who says, "There is no justice. A woman responds with the most deplorable things"?
5. Who says, "Why do people think it's smart to be poor"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isobel think Katherine would do if she fired her?
2. Who says, "There's actually a moment when you see the spirit depart from the body"?
3. Who does Irwin say that Gordon looked like?
4. What is the name of the local pub referred to in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Where does Katherine say she's going to work in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Irwin? What is he doing in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
2. How have Marion and Tom undermined Isobel in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. What truth does Marion admit about herself in the final scene?
4. Describe the setting of Act 1, Scene 1. What happens before anyone speaks?
5. What does Tom say is the difference between men and women in Act 1, Scene 1?
6. What does Katherine complain about in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2? Why?
7. How does Irwin appear when he enters in Act 1, Scene 2? Who is with him?
8. Why does Isobel hesitate in signing the contract with Tom and Marion?
9. What does Tom bring in with him Act 1, Scene 4? What do they mean?
10. What does Irwin ask Isobel about their future in Act 1, Scene 3? How does she respond?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)