|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Isobel's business partners?
(a) Marion and Katherine.
(b) Irwin and Gordon.
(c) Ingrid and Irwin.
(d) Ingrid and Gordon.
2. Who says, "There is no justice. A woman responds with the most deplorable things"?
3. What sound does Isobel hear at the door in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) A burglar.
(b) A phone ringing.
(c) A letter drop.
(d) A doorbell.
4. Who told the priest not to mention politics at the funeral?
5. In whose bedroom does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "The guns are getting nearer. God, will nobody leave us in peace"?
2. Whose "wound" did Irwin use as a model for his drawing?
3. Who does Tom imply fixed his car?
4. What is the name of the local pub referred to in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Where does Act 1, Scene 4 take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the setting of Act 1, Scene 4? What is taking place at the beginning of this scene?
2. What about Rhonda seems to turn Irwin on?
3. What does Marion say about Tom's trustworthiness in business in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. What does Isobel ask Tom about the business deal in Act 2, Scene 2? How does he respond?
5. Why does Isobel hesitate in signing the contract with Tom and Marion?
6. How does Isobel justify Katherine to her sister in Act 1, Scene 1?
7. What is Isobel's response when Irwin tells her he loves her in Act 2, Scene 1?
8. What does Katherine say happened with her first boyfriend--then the second and the third?
9. Why does Marion explode at Isobel in Act 1, Scene 1?
10. What truth does Marion admit about herself in the final scene?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)