|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Marion suggest Isobel put on the board?
2. Who says, "The guns are getting nearer. God, will nobody leave us in peace"?
3. Who does Irwin say that Gordon looked like?
(a) Sydney Greenstreet.
(b) Ronald Reagan.
(c) Lil' Abner.
(d) Abe Lincoln.
4. What does Katherine say she had a "ridiculous relationship" with?
(c) Her children.
5. What does Katherine say that Robert didn't want?
(a) A daughter.
(b) A ring.
(c) A drink.
(d) A funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marion do when Isobel calls her name in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Who does Isobel say her father never spoke to in his life?
3. What did Mr. Glass believe in that wasn't mentioned at his funeral?
4. What does Isobel think Katherine would do if she fired her?
5. What did Irwin paint when he was 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the setting of Act 1, Scene 1. What happens before anyone speaks?
2. What does Irwin suggest Isabel do about Katherine in Act 1, Scene 3? How does she respond?
3. What does Tom say is the difference between men and women in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Who is Irwin? What is he doing in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
5. What does Marion say about Isobel to Irwin after hearing about their breakup?
6. Why doesn't Marion like Katherine?
7. What is the setting of Act 2, Scene 2? Who is present at the beginning of this scene and what are they discussing?
8. What is Isobel's response when Irwin tells her he loves her in Act 2, Scene 1?
9. How does Marion compare Isobel to their father following the funeral in Act 1? How does Isobel respond?
10. Why does Isobel suggest she stay alone with Katherine after the funeral? How does Marion respond?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)