|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) Robert's lawn.
(b) Isobel's apartment.
(c) Marion's house.
(d) Robert's bedroom.
2. Who says, "The best way--I was explaining this to Tom and Marion this morning--to get good work in our field is to leave people alone"?
3. Who says, "I sometimes think what sort of life is it if we only think about ourselves" in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. What does Marion say regarding Katherine in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) She's lecherous.
(b) She's happy.
(c) She's drunk.
(d) She's dangerous.
5. What does Irwin ask Isobel in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) If they'll divorce.
(b) If Marion will marry him.
(c) If they'll leave the country.
(d) If they'll have a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of Irwin's files named?
2. What does Tom say that Marion is all the time?
3. What does Marion say she can't stand about Isobel in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What sound does Isobel hear at the door in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. Who does Tom imply fixed his car?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Isobel suggest she stay alone with Katherine after the funeral? How does Marion respond?
2. What does Katherine complain about in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2? Why?
3. What does Irwin suggest Isabel do about Katherine in Act 1, Scene 3? How does she respond?
4. What does Isobel ask Tom about the business deal in Act 2, Scene 2? How does he respond?
5. What does Irwin say to Isobel after the others leave in Act 1, Scene 4? What is her response?
6. What does Marion accuse Isobel of doing with the expansion in Act 2? How does Isobel respond?
7. Where is Act 2, Scene 4 set? What is taking place?
8. What does Marion ask Isobel about their father's death in Act 1, Scene 1? What does Isobel say?
9. What does Tom say is the difference between men and women in Act 1, Scene 1?
10. What sound is heard when Irwin enters in Act 1, Scene 4? What does he comment about it?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)