|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Katherine want to move in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Who says, "I sometimes think what sort of life is it if we only think about ourselves" in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. What does Marion come to take in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A ring.
(b) Her father.
(c) A watch.
(d) A pendant.
4. What did Marion say was inadequate about the people she met with?
(a) Their position.
(b) Their story.
(c) Their proposal.
(d) Their briefing.
5. What did Mr. Glass believe in that wasn't mentioned at his funeral?
(c) Nuclear war.
(d) Nuclear disarmament.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Irwin say that Gordon looked like?
2. What does Marion bring up to Isobel in their business discussion in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. What does Tom say that Marion is all the time?
4. What does Isobel say you can see if you look carefully round Tom's chest?
5. Who says, "What this government is. Its loathsome materialism. The awful sanctification of greed"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marion say about Isobel to Irwin after hearing about their breakup?
2. What does Katherine remark about what else was in the room before? What does she say about Robert in regard to it?
3. How does Marion compare Isobel to their father following the funeral in Act 1? How does Isobel respond?
4. What indicates a change in Marion in the final scene?
5. What does Irwin suggest Isabel do about Katherine in Act 1, Scene 3? How does she respond?
6. Why is Isobel not around the office much in Act 2, Scene 2?
7. What does Isobel say regarding the minister in Act 1 Scene 2?
8. How does Irwin compare himself to Katherine in Act 2, Scene 3? Why does he not understand Katherine's place with Isobel?
9. What does Tom bring in with him Act 1, Scene 4? What do they mean?
10. What is the setting of Act 1, Scene 4? What is taking place at the beginning of this scene?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)