|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In whose bedroom does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
2. What does Marion say that Katherine would do with Robert's ring?
(a) Sell it for drugs.
(b) Wear it.
(c) Sell it for drink.
(d) Give it away.
3. What is Katherine carrying when she enters in Act 1, Scene 3?
(b) A baby.
(c) A shopping bag.
4. Isobel says, "The great thing is to _______."
(b) Have peace.
5. Who did Katherine consult about selling the house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Katherine say she's going to work in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What is the name of the local pub referred to in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Who does Katherine say wants to make an investment in the firm in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What is Katherine complaining about in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Why does Marion go inside in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Marion. How is she typically dressed? What is her occupation?
2. What does Katherine say happened with her first boyfriend--then the second and the third?
3. What does Marion say about Isobel in the final scene?
4. What does Irwin say to Isobel after the others leave in Act 1, Scene 4? What is her response?
5. Who is Irwin? What is he doing in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
6. Why does Isobel tell Irwin she is gathering Katherine's things from the office in Act 2?
7. How does Isobel justify Katherine to her sister in Act 1, Scene 1?
8. How does Irwin compare himself to Katherine in Act 2, Scene 3? Why does he not understand Katherine's place with Isobel?
9. What indicates a change in Marion in the final scene?
10. What does Katherine complain about in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2? Why?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)