|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dressed Robert for the funeral?
2. What does Katherine say is the problem with Irwin's work?
(a) Lack of accuracy.
(c) His lack of talent.
3. What was Mr. Glass mentioned as being at his funeral?
(a) A father.
(b) A cricket umpire.
(c) A salesman.
(d) A priest.
4. What does Marion say that she and Tom are willing to do with Irwin's salary?
(a) Quadruple it.
(b) Double it.
(c) Cut it.
(d) Triple it.
5. What did Robert leave to Katherine?
(b) His millions.
(c) His ashes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sits in the chair in the dark in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Where does Tom ask if anyone is going in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does Tom say that Marion is all the time?
4. What does Irwin ask Isobel in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. Who says, "There is no justice. A woman responds with the most deplorable things"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katherine burst into the office with in Act 1, Scene 3? What is insensitive about her purchase?
2. What does Isobel tell Katherine about her coming to work for her? How does Katherine justify it?
3. What does Isobel say regarding the minister in Act 1 Scene 2?
4. Describe the character of Marion. How is she typically dressed? What is her occupation?
5. Who does Katherine say wants to invest in the firm? Why?
6. What is the setting of Act 2, Scene 2? Who is present at the beginning of this scene and what are they discussing?
7. What does Katherine complain about in Act 2, Scene 3? How does Isobel respond?
8. Why does Marion explode at Isobel in Act 1, Scene 1?
9. What is the main reason Gordon left the firm, according to Irwin?
10. Where is Act 2, Scene 4 set? What is taking place?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)