|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Are you crazy? There's money to be made. Everyone's making it"?
2. Whom did Katherine not consult about her future plans in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does Marion say regarding Katherine in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) She's lecherous.
(b) She's dangerous.
(c) She's happy.
(d) She's drunk.
4. Where does Katherine say she's going to work in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) With Robert.
(b) At the library.
(c) With Isobel.
(d) With Marion.
5. What does Katherine say that Robert didn't want?
(a) A daughter.
(b) A ring.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. Isobel says, "The great thing is to _______."
2. Who does Isobel say thinks it's a folly to mix family and business?
3. Who does Isobel say her father never spoke to in his life?
4. Who did Katherine consult about selling the house?
5. What is Katherine complaining about in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marion say about Isobel to Irwin after hearing about their breakup?
2. What truth does Marion admit about herself in the final scene?
3. What does Irwin say to Isobel after the others leave in Act 1, Scene 4? What is her response?
4. What does Tom bring in with him Act 1, Scene 4? What do they mean?
5. What does Irwin ask Isobel about their future in Act 1, Scene 3? How does she respond?
6. How does Irwin appear when he enters in Act 1, Scene 2? Who is with him?
7. Why does Isobel hesitate in signing the contract with Tom and Marion?
8. What does Rhonda say she'll do next time the politician calls her? What does she say about Marion's reaction to the story?
9. What does Irwin suggest Isabel do about Katherine in Act 1, Scene 3? How does she respond?
10. What does Tom say is the difference between men and women in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)