Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katherine say she's celebrating in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Getting a raise.
(b) Leaving the firm.
(c) Buying a house.
(d) Selling the house.
2. Who says, "The best way--I was explaining this to Tom and Marion this morning--to get good work in our field is to leave people alone"?
3. What was Robert's profession?
(b) Law enforcement.
4. What did Irwin paint when he was 17?
(a) A hooker.
(b) A waitress.
(c) A dog.
(d) A rabbit.
5. Who does Tom imply fixed his car?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the ring that Robert was wearing?
2. What did Mr. Glass believe in that wasn't mentioned at his funeral?
3. What does Tom carry in with him in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. Isobel says, "The great thing is to _______."
5. In whose bedroom does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marion say about Isobel in the final scene?
2. What sound is heard when Irwin enters in Act 1, Scene 4? What does he comment about it?
3. What does Isobel ask Tom about the business deal in Act 2, Scene 2? How does he respond?
4. What does Irwin ask Isobel about their future in Act 1, Scene 3? How does she respond?
5. Who is Irwin? What is he doing in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
6. Who leaves a letter outside the door in Act 1, Scene 3? What does it say? What does Isobel say?
7. What does Irwin say to Isobel after the others leave in Act 1, Scene 4? What is her response?
8. What is different about the embrace between Tom and Marion in the end of the play?
9. How does Irwin compare himself to Katherine in Act 2, Scene 3? Why does he not understand Katherine's place with Isobel?
10. What is the setting of Act 1, Scene 4? What is taking place at the beginning of this scene?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)