|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drink do the characters drink after the funeral?
2. Who is left alone with Isobel in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. What did Mr. Glass believe in that wasn't mentioned at his funeral?
(b) Nuclear war.
(d) Nuclear disarmament.
4. What does Isobel think Katherine would do if she fired her?
(b) Kill herself.
(c) Go pleasantly.
(d) Shoot someone.
5. What does Marion say that she and Tom are willing to do with Irwin's salary?
(a) Quadruple it.
(b) Triple it.
(c) Double it.
(d) Cut it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Isobel say her father never spoke to in his life?
2. What does Tom offer when he enters in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Who does Isobel say thinks it's a folly to mix family and business?
4. Why does Marion go inside in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Who told the priest not to mention politics at the funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marion accuse Isobel of doing with the expansion in Act 2? How does Isobel respond?
2. How does Marion compare Isobel to their father following the funeral in Act 1? How does Isobel respond?
3. What does Katherine complain about in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2? Why?
4. Why does Isobel insist Katherine lock the deadbolt? What is her response?
5. How does Irwin appear when he enters in Act 1, Scene 2? Who is with him?
6. What does Katherine say they taught her to do in AA when she was angry? How does she feel about it?
7. Where is Act 2, Scene 4 set? What is taking place?
8. Why doesn't Marion like Katherine?
9. What does Tom say is the difference between men and women in Act 1, Scene 1?
10. What truth does Marion admit about herself in the final scene?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)