|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marion say she can't stand about Isobel in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Her ignorance.
(b) Her stubborness.
(c) Her humor.
(d) Her disapproval.
2. Who does Irwin say that landed on Isobel?
3. What does Irwin ask Isobel in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) If they'll leave the country.
(b) If they'll have a child.
(c) If Marion will marry him.
(d) If they'll divorce.
4. What did Irwin paint when he was 17?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A waitress.
(c) A hooker.
(d) A dog.
5. What does Isobel say you can see if you look carefully round Tom's chest?
(a) An aura.
(b) A watermark.
(c) A scar.
(d) A noose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the ring that Robert was wearing?
2. Who does Marion say she's furious with in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does Marion bring up to Isobel in their business discussion in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. Why is Tom building a swimming pool in his back garden?
5. Who told the priest not to mention politics at the funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is different about the embrace between Tom and Marion in the end of the play?
2. What is Isobel's response when Irwin tells her he loves her in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. How does Irwin appear when he enters in Act 1, Scene 2? Who is with him?
4. What does Katherine complain about in Act 2, Scene 3? How does Isobel respond?
5. What does Katherine burst into the office with in Act 1, Scene 3? What is insensitive about her purchase?
6. What does Irwin ask Isobel about their future in Act 1, Scene 3? How does she respond?
7. What does Tom bring in with him Act 1, Scene 4? What do they mean?
8. What is the setting of Act 1, Scene 4? What is taking place at the beginning of this scene?
9. Describe the character of Marion. How is she typically dressed? What is her occupation?
10. What does Isobel ask Tom about the business deal in Act 2, Scene 2? How does he respond?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)