|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Irwin ask Isobel in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) If they'll have a child.
(b) If they'll leave the country.
(c) If Marion will marry him.
(d) If they'll divorce.
2. What does Katherine suggest to Isobel in regards to the deal with Tom?
(a) To do it.
(b) To run away.
(c) To fire him.
(d) To fire Irwin.
3. What does Katherine say she's celebrating in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Getting a raise.
(b) Leaving the firm.
(c) Buying a house.
(d) Selling the house.
4. Who was Robert's wife?
5. What drink do the characters drink after the funeral?
6. Why does Irwin say it's different for him than for Gordon?
(a) Because he's gay.
(b) Because he hates Isobel.
(c) Because he's with Isobel.
(d) Because he's with Katherine.
7. What does Marion come to take in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A watch.
(b) A ring.
(c) A pendant.
(d) Her father.
8. Who says, "Why do people think it's smart to be poor"?
9. Who does Marion say she's furious with in Act 1, Scene 1?
10. What does Katherine say she had a "ridiculous relationship" with?
(a) Her children.
11. What is Katherine carrying when she enters in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) A baby.
(b) A shopping bag.
12. Who says, "The best way--I was explaining this to Tom and Marion this morning--to get good work in our field is to leave people alone"?
13. Whom did Katherine not consult about her future plans in Act 1, Scene 2?
14. Who does Tom imply fixed his car?
15. Where is the ring that Robert was wearing?
(a) On his finger.
(b) In the drawer.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) At the jeweler.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
2. Who says, "There is no justice. A woman responds with the most deplorable things"?
3. Who says, "I sometimes think what sort of life is it if we only think about ourselves" in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. What does Marion do when Isobel calls her name in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Where does Act 1, Scene 3 take place?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)