|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "I sometimes think what sort of life is it if we only think about ourselves" in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. Who does Katherine say wants to make an investment in the firm in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. How is Marion related to Isobel?
(a) She's her cousin.
(b) She's her step-mother.
(c) She's her sister.
(d) She's her aunt.
4. What words does Irwin say are like a hand enclosing his heart?
(a) "Walk Homeward."
(b) "East Anglia."
(c) "Forest Hills."
(d) "Jackson Pollack."
5. What does Katherine say that Robert didn't want?
(a) A daughter.
(b) A funeral.
(c) A drink.
(d) A ring.
6. Who sits in the chair in the dark in Act 1, Scene 1?
7. Who says, "There is no justice. A woman responds with the most deplorable things"?
8. What sound is heard in the background throughout Act 1, Scene 4?
9. What is Isobel offered to sign in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) A will.
(b) A marriage certificate.
(c) A birth certificate.
(d) A proposal.
10. Who says, "The guns are getting nearer. God, will nobody leave us in peace"?
11. Where does Act 1, Scene 3 take place?
(a) Isobel's office.
(b) Marion's office.
(c) Robert's lawn.
(d) Robert's bedroom.
12. What is one of Irwin's files named?
(b) "Soda Pop."
(c) "Smashed Dreams."
(d) "People to Kill."
13. Whose idea was it that everyone abstain from alcohol after the funeral?
14. Who is laying in the bed in Act 1, Scene 1?
15. Who dressed Robert for the funeral?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katherine say she had a "ridiculous relationship" with?
2. What aspect is Isobel worried about with her transaction with Tom?
3. Who does Isobel say her father never spoke to in his life?
4. Who has Marion just met with before Act 1, Scene 4?
5. How long does Isobel say that she hasn't seen Katherine drink in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)