Act 1, Scene 1
• Scene 1 begins in a darkened bedroom. There is just enough light to illuminate the figure of a man in the bed with a sheet over his face and a woman in a chair at the foot of the bed.
• Marion asks if Isobel (in the chair) was with "him" when he died and Isobel admits she was.
• Marion feels guilty that she was not there, but Isobel reassures her.
• Marion asks if "he's" still wearing a ring she gave him a couple of months ago.
• Isobel tells her it is in the chest of drawers.
• Marion explains she wanted to find the ring before Katherine took it and sold it for booze.
• Tom finds them and asks if they're coming downstairs.
• Marion goes on about Katherine, who she says is drunk.
• Isobel suggests that Marion has misjudged Katherine: "Dad loved her."
• Marion suggests that Katherine was...
This section contains 2,328 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)