* Scene 1 begins in a darkened bedroom. There is just enough light to illuminate the figure of a man in the bed with a sheet over his face and a woman in a chair at the foot of the bed.
* Marion asks if Isobel (in the chair) was with "him" when he died and Isobel admits she was.
* Marion feels guilty that she was not there, but Isobel reassures her.
* Marion asks if "he's" still wearing a ring she gave him a couple of months ago.
* Isobel tells her it is in the chest of drawers.
* Marion explains she wanted to find the ring before Katherine took it and sold it for booze.
* Tom finds them and asks if they're coming downstairs.
* Marion goes on about Katherine, who she says is drunk.
* Isobel suggests that Marion has misjudged Katherine: "Dad loved her."
* Marion suggests that Katherine was...
This section contains 2,122 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)