|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Collin plan to do with his life when he is older?
2. What is the first thing that Collin plants in the Garden?
3. Who does Collin say he wants to be as strong as?
4. What surprises Martha about Mary's chance meeting Collin?
5. What does Mary want to use as a lure to get Collin to come outside when the weather is good again?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Colin now able to take the curtain off of his mother's portrait?
2. What does Colin do when he first sees his mother's garden?
3. Why does Colin have to wait so long to see the garden after he and Mary make the plans to go there?
4. What does Mary do to calm Colin down from his hysterics?
5. Why is Mary so hesitant to tell Colin that she has found the garden?
6. What gift does Mary find from her uncle when she gets to her room after her fight with Colin?
7. What does Colin announce to his nurse after Dr. Craven leaves following the examination?
8. The day after Colin's tantrum, what does Dr. Craven prescribe for him?
9. What does Colin chant as part of his experiment to use magic to get well?
10. As she listens to Mary and Colin interact outside Colin's door the day after his tantrum, what is Medlock so amazed by?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the key to the garden influence the course of the story and what important cautions were given to those who used it?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)