|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Sowerby send Collin one day in the Garden?
(a) A skipping rope like Mary's.
(b) Fresh fruit.
(c) Fresh milk and buns.
(d) A book about gardening.
2. What does Collin say about Dickon's mother just before he leaves the garden after expressing his thanks to it?
(a) That she were his own mother.
(b) That she understands children the way Dickon understands animals.
(c) That he could remember his own mother.
(d) That he is glad she was friends with his mother.
3. Who enters the garden while Collin, Dickon and Mary are expressing their thanks to the garden and its magic?
(b) Mrs. Sowerby.
(c) Dr. Craven.
(d) Collin's nurse.
4. What does Collin smell on Mary when she comes to see him the morning he wakes up happy?
(b) The garden.
(c) The wind.
5. What has Dickon named his tamed squirrels?
(a) Sugar and Spice.
(b) Nut and Shell.
(c) Bill and Bob.
(d) Chitter and Chatter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kept Ben from fully keeping his promise to Mrs. Craven?
2. What does Collin say once he is in the Garden?
3. Why is Collin not able to walk?
4. What does Collin think is making him well in the Garden?
5. Who walks into the room as Mary and Collin are talking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Colin realize as he and Mary view all the different portraits in Misselthwaite Manor?
2. What is Colin afraid will give away his improving health to the staff?
3. What does Colin threaten to do to Mary to make sure she will come to visit him?
4. What does Colin announce to his nurse after Dr. Craven leaves following the examination?
5. What does Mary tell Colin once he has calmed down from his hysterics?
6. Why did no one in the garden feel that Mrs. Sowerby was intruding when she came into the garden unannounced?
7. What does Colin do when he first sees his mother's garden?
8. What gift does Mary find from her uncle when she gets to her room after her fight with Colin?
9. Why does Mary give Colin the nickname of 'Rajah'?
10. The day after Colin's tantrum, what does Dr. Craven prescribe for him?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)