|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Collin's hysterics during the night?
(a) His father left without seeing him.
(b) He felt a lump on his back.
(c) He missed Mary.
(d) Mrs. Medlock told him he was going to die.
2. What does Mrs. Medlock tell the head gardener about the new goings on in the house just before Collin goes out for the first time?
(a) Mary is a nuisance.
(b) She is afraid of the consequences of all these new plans.
(c) Collin will get sicker.
(d) Things are getting better.
3. Who does Collin say he wants to be as strong as?
(b) Ben Weatherstaff.
(d) His father.
4. What does Dickon's mother say about the skylark's song in the morning?
(a) They are praying.
(b) They are laughing.
(c) They are praising God.
(d) They are singing the doxology.
5. What is the Robin doing on the first nice day after all the rain?
(a) Trying to find a mate.
(b) Building a nest.
(c) Singing his joy about the warmth.
(d) Gathering nuts and berries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kept Ben from fully keeping his promise to Mrs. Craven?
2. What does Collin say about Dickon's mother just before he leaves the garden after expressing his thanks to it?
3. Who does Mary see Collin being rude to after his first day in the Garden?
4. What is Mary's nick-name for Collin?
5. What has Dickon named his tamed squirrels?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mary give Colin the nickname of 'Rajah'?
2. What gift does Mary find from her uncle when she gets to her room after her fight with Colin?
3. Why is Mary so hesitant to tell Colin that she has found the garden?
4. What does Colin chant as part of his experiment to use magic to get well?
5. What does Mary do to calm Colin down from his hysterics?
6. What did Mary learn had made her so unpopular her whole life?
7. What does Colin realize as he and Mary view all the different portraits in Misselthwaite Manor?
8. On the day after Colin's tantrum, what does Mary do for him that makes him laugh?
9. Why is Colin now able to take the curtain off of his mother's portrait?
10. What is Colin afraid will give away his improving health to the staff?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)