|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Medlock's reaction to Collin and Mary laughing?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is amazed.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She is worried.
2. Why is Collin so angry about being called a cripple?
(a) He doesn't like the idea of so many people thinking of him that way.
(b) He is ashamed of himself for not being able to prove that rumor wrong.
(c) He finds "cripple" a horribly derrogotory term.
(d) It intensifies his fear that maybe he is crippled.
3. How long does Collin have to wait to see the garden after he meets Dickon?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) A day.
(c) 2 days.
(d) A week.
4. What does Ben suggest that Collin do to show thanks to the garden and its magic?
(a) Say the Lord's prayer.
(b) Write his father.
(c) Go to church.
(d) Sing the Doxology.
5. What does Mary choose to do after her lunch on the first nice day after all the rain?
(a) Return to work in the garden.
(b) Visit Collin.
(c) Ask her uncle for permission to be in the Garden.
(d) Meet Dickon's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Collin say he wants to be as strong as?
2. What does Collin ask Mary to do for the surprise visitor to the garden after he is called a cripple?
3. How is Collin feeling the morning after his hysterics?
4. What does Dickon tell Mary to do for Collin to make him laugh the morning after his hysterics?
5. What does Collin plan to do with his life when he is older?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gift does Mary find from her uncle when she gets to her room after her fight with Colin?
2. What does Dickon add to Colin's daily routine to help him grow strong?
3. As she listens to Mary and Colin interact outside Colin's door the day after his tantrum, what is Medlock so amazed by?
4. What is Colin afraid will give away his improving health to the staff?
5. Why is Colin not able to walk when he first starts coming to the garden?
6. What does Colin do when he first sees his mother's garden?
7. Why did Ben continue pruning the secret garden after Mr. Craven had ordered it to be locked up?
8. What does Ben do when he starts to climb over the wall of the garden and sees Mary there?
9. Why is Colin now able to take the curtain off of his mother's portrait?
10. Where does Dickon's mother tell Colin that he will find his mother?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)