|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who walks into the room as Mary and Collin are talking?
(a) Collin's nurse.
(b) Mary's uncle.
(c) Mrs. Medlock and Dr. Craven.
(d) Martha and Dickon.
2. What is the Robin doing on the first nice day after all the rain?
(a) Building a nest.
(b) Singing his joy about the warmth.
(c) Trying to find a mate.
(d) Gathering nuts and berries.
3. What stops the surprise visitor to the garden from lecturing Mary?
(a) The robin flies to Mary's shoulder.
(b) A rebuke from Dickon.
(c) The sight of Collin.
(d) Mention of the robin.
4. What does Ben suggest that Collin do to show thanks to the garden and its magic?
(a) Say the Lord's prayer.
(b) Sing the Doxology.
(c) Go to church.
(d) Write his father.
5. What is Collin's nurse doing as Mary storms out of Collin's room?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins the circle that Collin creates as he tells Mary and Dickon of his future plans?
2. What is beside Dickon as he works in the garden on the first nice day after all the rain?
3. What does Collin have to do to keep his secret as he begins to get well?
4. What does Mary find in the Garden when she is finally able to return to it after all the rain?
5. What does Mary ask Collin to not talk about with her anymore?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Colin chant as part of his experiment to use magic to get well?
2. Why does Colin have to wait so long to see the garden after he and Mary make the plans to go there?
3. What is Colin afraid will give away his improving health to the staff?
4. Why did Ben continue pruning the secret garden after Mr. Craven had ordered it to be locked up?
5. What does Dickon add to Colin's daily routine to help him grow strong?
6. What does Colin do when he first sees his mother's garden?
7. Why is Colin not able to walk when he first starts coming to the garden?
8. What does Colin announce to his nurse after Dr. Craven leaves following the examination?
9. What is so astonishing to Mrs. Medlock and Dr. Craven when they see Mary and Colin in his room together?
10. Where does Dickon's mother tell Colin that he will find his mother?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)