|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Collin's nurse ask help from during Collin's hysterics?
(b) Dr. Craven.
(c) Mrs. Medlock.
2. What does Dickon's mother say about the skylark's song in the morning?
(a) They are laughing.
(b) They are praying.
(c) They are praising God.
(d) They are singing the doxology.
3. What is Mary's nick-name for Collin?
4. What does Collin say is the only medicine he needs after his hysterics?
(a) The outdoors.
5. What does Mary want to use as a lure to get Collin to come outside when the weather is good again?
(a) A challenge.
(d) The garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to distract Collin from the tree that killed his mother?
2. What does Mary ask Collin to not talk about with her anymore?
3. What does Collin have to do to keep his secret as he begins to get well?
4. What does Collin plan to do with his life when he is older?
5. What does Mary choose to do after her lunch on the first nice day after all the rain?
Short Essay Questions
1. The day after Colin's tantrum, what does Dr. Craven prescribe for him?
2. Why did no one in the garden feel that Mrs. Sowerby was intruding when she came into the garden unannounced?
3. What does Colin realize as he and Mary view all the different portraits in Misselthwaite Manor?
4. After Mary first meets Colin, what do Mary and Dickon think would be a big help to Colin?
5. What does Colin threaten to do to Mary to make sure she will come to visit him?
6. What does Colin do when he first sees his mother's garden?
7. Where does Dickon's mother tell Colin that he will find his mother?
8. Why is Mary so hesitant to tell Colin that she has found the garden?
9. Why is Colin not able to walk when he first starts coming to the garden?
10. What gift does Mary find from her uncle when she gets to her room after her fight with Colin?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)