|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mary hope will see her as she uses her gift from Mrs. Sowerby outside?
(a) Ben Weatherstaff.
(c) Archibald Craven.
2. How does Mary learn about what to do in the garden after she finds it?
(a) Has Dickon help her.
(b) Asks Ben lots of questions.
(c) She does what seems natural for the plants.
(d) Reads books about gardening.
3. What does Mary notice about Ben as the weather grows nicer?
(a) He seems sickly.
(b) He has a shorter temper.
(c) He is in a better mood.
(d) He is getting forgetful.
4. What does Ben do that makes Mary think he looks much younger and kinder on her first day at Misselthwaite?
5. Why must everyone obey Collin's every whim?
(a) They hate the screaming he makes.
(b) He has the power to fire them.
(c) Being angry will make him more ill.
(d) His father ordered it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Martha tell Mary the mysterious sound she hears at night really is?
2. What does Mary think she hears at night in Misselthwaite?
3. What is the name of Mary's closest living relative?
4. What does Mary do to stay warm when she is out in the gardens by herself?
5. What does Mary tell Martha at the end of tea time just after she finds the Secret Garden?
Short Essay Questions
1. After meeting her cousin for the first time, what does Mary do before she leaves him?
2. Why does Mary rarely see her parents while living in India?
3. How large is Martha's family?
4. What does the Robin show Mary at the bottom of a hole?
5. What is the source of the crying sound that Mary has been hearing at night?
6. What does Mary do that causes her appetite to increase?
7. What nickname is Mary given when she temporarily lives with a clergyman in England?
8. What does Mary think the moor is when she first drives by it in the carriage?
9. Why does Mr. Craven decide to finally meet Mary?
10. What does Mary tell Dickon about her garden after she has sworn him to secrecy?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)