|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is all the plant-life on the moor so low to the ground?
(a) The lack of rain.
(b) The wind.
(c) It is grazing country for sheep.
(d) The over-production of lumber.
2. What is so surprising to Mary about the sky after the rain stops?
(a) It looks closer than before.
(b) It is brilliantly blue.
(c) It has a hazy cleanliness to it.
(d) The clouds are so beautiful.
3. How did Mrs. Sowerby get her gift for Mary?
(a) She traded cooking for it.
(b) She asked one of her daughters to give it to her.
(c) She bought it with part of Martha's wages.
(d) She made it.
4. Who does Mary count as one of the people she likes that makes Dickon laugh when he first meets her?
(a) The Robin.
(d) Archibald Craven.
5. What does Dickon tell Mary her secret is as safe as with him?
(a) The den of the white rabbit.
(b) The nest of a Missel Thrush.
(c) The snowy lamb of his sheep.
(d) The eggs of the robin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mary's uncle want to see her when he returns from his journey?
2. Who does Mary want to meet after hearing all of Martha's stories?
3. How does Mary describe how she feels when she wakes up on the day the Cholera breaks out?
4. In what county is Mary's new home?
5. How does Mary react whenever she sees her mother in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mary feel about Martha's mother from the stories Martha has told Mary about her?
2. When wandering around inside on a rainy day, what interesting fact does Mary find about the rooms on the second floor?
3. Why does Mr. Craven decide to finally meet Mary?
4. How did Mrs. Craven die?
5. After meeting her cousin for the first time, what does Mary do before she leaves him?
6. What does Mary do that causes her appetite to increase?
7. What does Mrs. Sowerby purchase for Mary to make her happy?
8. What nickname is Mary given when she temporarily lives with a clergyman in England?
9. What does Mrs. Medlock think about the moor?
10. What is the large tapestry on the second floor of Misselthwaite Manor hiding?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)