|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mr. Craven do with the key of the Secret Garden?
(a) He buried it.
(b) He put in on a necklace and wears it.
(c) He placed it on his wife's headstone.
(d) He melted it.
2. Why does Mary's uncle want to see her when he returns from his journey?
(a) He wants to see if she looks like her aunt.
(b) He wants to know what she needs.
(c) He had a dream about her.
(d) Mrs. Sowerby said something to him.
3. What portraits in Misslethwaite are most interesting to Mary?
(a) Portaits of families.
(b) Portraits of animals.
(c) Portaits of children.
(d) Portraits of women.
4. How does Mary find the door of the Secret Garden?
(a) The robin shows her.
(b) She asks Ben.
(c) She feels along the entire wall looking for it.
(d) Wind blows the ivy enough for her to see it.
5. What does Mary tell Martha at the end of tea time just after she finds the Secret Garden?
(a) She hates living there.
(b) She wants to meet Martha's mother.
(c) She found the garden.
(d) She heard someone crying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mary's closest living relative?
2. What does Martha tell Mary when she comes in after meeting Dickon?
3. What is Mary's first impression of her uncle when she is brought to his study?
4. How soon does Mary's uncle leave after she arrives at Misselthwaite Manor?
5. What does Mary decide to do on a very rainy day when she is not able to go outside?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Sowerby purchase for Mary to make her happy?
2. When she first enters the garden, what does Mary do to help something start to grow?
3. What is the source of the crying sound that Mary has been hearing at night?
4. What is the first thing that Mary hears when she arrives at Misselthwaite Manor?
5. What does Mary think the moor is when she first drives by it in the carriage?
6. How large is Martha's family?
7. When wandering around inside on a rainy day, what interesting fact does Mary find about the rooms on the second floor?
8. What is Mary most afraid of when she first brings Dickon to her garden?
9. What does Mary do that causes her appetite to increase?
10. What is the large tapestry on the second floor of Misselthwaite Manor hiding?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)