|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Collin think Mrs. Sowerby has after he receives her kind gift in the Garden?
2. What does Mary want to use as a lure to get Collin to come outside when the weather is good again?
(a) The garden.
(b) A challenge.
3. Who does Collin's nurse ask help from during Collin's hysterics?
(a) Dr. Craven.
(b) Mrs. Medlock.
4. Why do Mary and Collin have to cover their mouths when they are in the presence of the staff as Collin begins to get well?
(a) To muffle their laughter.
(b) So the staff does not see them laughing.
(c) To keep up the pretense of a contagious disease.
(d) To be a reminder to stay quiet about their secret.
5. What is Collin's major request about his visits to the garden?
(a) Mary must always be by his side.
(b) Mrs. Medlock is never to go with him.
(c) No one should know where he goes.
(d) He must be taken in his wheel chair.
6. How long does Collin have to wait to see the garden after he meets Dickon?
(a) A week.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) A day.
(d) 2 days.
7. Why does Collin keep the portrait of his mother covered?
(a) It makes him sad.
(b) He is angry with her for dying.
(c) He thinks she is laughing at him
(d) It scares him.
8. What does Collin do when the surprise visitor to the Garden calls Collin a cripple?
(a) He stands.
(b) He cries.
(c) He has the visitor fired.
(d) He smiles and promises to prove them wrong.
9. What does Mary choose to do after her lunch on the first nice day after all the rain?
(a) Return to work in the garden.
(b) Meet Dickon's mother.
(c) Visit Collin.
(d) Ask her uncle for permission to be in the Garden.
10. Who does Mary see Collin being rude to after his first day in the Garden?
(a) His nurse.
(b) Dr. Craven.
(d) Mrs. Medlock.
11. What does Collin do when he hears what Mary plans to do after lunch on the first nice day after all the rain?
(a) He asks her to read a book to him.
(b) He throws a tantrum.
(c) He fires Martha.
(d) He forbids Mary to ever speak to his father again.
12. What is Collin's nurse doing as Mary storms out of Collin's room?
13. What does Martha say Mary must have done to Collin when she first met him?
(a) Surprised him.
(b) Bewitched him.
(c) Been kind to him.
(d) Scared him.
14. Why is Collin so restless on the first day it is too rainy for him to go out to the Garden?
(a) He is nervous about seeing his father.
(b) He is nervous about someone figuring out his secret.
(c) He has not had to sit so still for a long time.
(d) He hates knowing that the staff thinks he is crippled.
15. Why does Mary say no one has ever called Collin out on his rudeness?
(a) They hated him.
(b) The pitied him.
(c) They feared him.
(d) They loved him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Collin unhappy when he sees Mary with her hat on?
2. What is the first thing that Collin plants in the Garden?
3. What did Ben do after Mr. Craven ordered the garden be shut up?
4. What is Mary's nick-name for Collin?
5. Where does Mary spend her days while it is too rain to work on the Garden?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)