|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mary see Collin being rude to after his first day in the Garden?
(a) Mrs. Medlock.
(b) His nurse.
(c) Dr. Craven.
2. What did Ben do after Mr. Craven ordered the garden be shut up?
(a) He threw seeds over the wall hoping they would sprout.
(b) He plead with Mr. Craven to allow him in the garden.
(c) He continued to climb over the wall and tend the garden.
(d) He hid the key himself.
3. What does Collin do when the surprise visitor to the Garden calls Collin a cripple?
(a) He has the visitor fired.
(b) He cries.
(c) He stands.
(d) He smiles and promises to prove them wrong.
4. Who always comes to see Collin after one of his tantrums?
(b) Mrs. Medlock.
(c) Dr. Craven.
(d) His father.
5. What is Mrs. Medlock's reaction to Collin and Mary laughing?
(a) She is amazed.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is worried.
6. What does Mary do when she hears what caused Collin's hysterics?
(a) Promises to visit every day.
(b) Inspects his spine.
(c) Tells him that Medlock is a fool and he is fine.
(d) Writes a dictated letter to his father.
7. What kept Ben from fully keeping his promise to Mrs. Craven?
(a) His fear of her ghost in the garden.
(b) He got too busy with his other chores.
(c) The orders from Mr. Craven.
(d) His arthritus.
8. What has Dickon named his tamed squirrels?
(a) Sugar and Spice.
(b) Chitter and Chatter.
(c) Nut and Shell.
(d) Bill and Bob.
9. What does Martha say Mary must have done to Collin when she first met him?
(a) Scared him.
(b) Been kind to him.
(c) Surprised him.
(d) Bewitched him.
10. What does Mrs. Sowerby send Collin one day in the Garden?
(a) A book about gardening.
(b) Fresh milk and buns.
(c) Fresh fruit.
(d) A skipping rope like Mary's.
11. What does Collin smell on Mary when she comes to see him the morning he wakes up happy?
(b) The wind.
(d) The garden.
12. What does Collin plan to do with his life when he is older?
(a) Become a gardener.
(b) Inherit his father's business.
(c) Make important discoveries about magic.
(d) Be a teacher.
13. What is Collin's nurse doing as Mary storms out of Collin's room?
14. What does Collin realize as he stands up from weeding in the garden one day?
(a) He loves Mary and Dickon.
(b) He is truly well.
(c) He is ready to show his father his progress.
(d) He is happy.
15. What does Collin do as he is taken into the Garden?
(a) He notes every detail as they pass.
(b) He tries to walk.
(c) He sings a song of joy.
(d) He closes his eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing that Collin plants in the Garden?
2. What does Collin think Mrs. Sowerby has after he receives her kind gift in the Garden?
3. What does Collin do as the sun goes down on his first day in the garden?
4. Why does Collin keep the portrait of his mother covered?
5. What does Collin say is the only medicine he needs after his hysterics?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)