|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dickon's mother say about the skylark's song in the morning?
(a) They are laughing.
(b) They are praying.
(c) They are praising God.
(d) They are singing the doxology.
2. What surprises Martha about Mary's chance meeting Collin?
(a) She did not get lost on her way.
(b) He did not throw a tantrum.
(c) His nurse was not there.
(d) She was able to find him.
3. What does Collin say is the only medicine he needs after his hysterics?
(b) The outdoors.
4. Why is Collin so angry about being called a cripple?
(a) He is ashamed of himself for not being able to prove that rumor wrong.
(b) It intensifies his fear that maybe he is crippled.
(c) He finds "cripple" a horribly derrogotory term.
(d) He doesn't like the idea of so many people thinking of him that way.
5. What is Collin's nurse doing as Mary storms out of Collin's room?
6. What does Dickon say keeps him so strong?
(a) His mother's love.
(c) The moor.
(d) Fresh Air.
7. What caused Collin's hysterics during the night?
(a) His father left without seeing him.
(b) He missed Mary.
(c) Mrs. Medlock told him he was going to die.
(d) He felt a lump on his back.
8. What is Collin most afraid will give away his improving health to the staff?
(a) His coloring.
(b) His walking.
(c) His weight.
(d) His appetite.
9. What does Collin ask Mary to do for the surprise visitor to the garden after he is called a cripple?
(a) Give him the key.
(b) Invite him into the secret.
(c) Show him into the garden.
(d) Swear him to secrecy.
10. What is Mary awakened by in the night after her first fight with Colin?
(a) Collin screaming.
(b) Collin's nurse.
(c) Doors being opened and closed and the rushing of feet.
(d) Martha's crying.
11. What is Collin's major request about his visits to the garden?
(a) No one should know where he goes.
(b) Mrs. Medlock is never to go with him.
(c) He must be taken in his wheel chair.
(d) Mary must always be by his side.
12. What does Mary find in the Garden when she is finally able to return to it after all the rain?
(a) A hawk.
(b) The robin.
(c) A small finch family.
(d) A crow.
13. What has Dickon named his tamed squirrels?
(a) Bill and Bob.
(b) Nut and Shell.
(c) Chitter and Chatter.
(d) Sugar and Spice.
14. Why did the nurse never do what Mary did for Collin during his hysterics?
(a) She thought he wanted space.
(b) She did not know what Collin was upset about.
(c) She thought it would upset him.
(d) She was afraid is would hurt him.
15. What does Mary tell Collin when she gets to his room during his hysterics?
(a) That she, and everbody else, hates him.
(b) That his nurse is trying to kill him.
(c) That there is nothing wrong with him.
(d) That he is spoiled and selfish and deserves what he gets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins the circle that Collin creates as he tells Mary and Dickon of his future plans?
2. What does Mary decide to do after receiving her gift from her uncle after her fight with Collin?
3. What does Collin do when the surprise visitor to the Garden calls Collin a cripple?
4. What does Martha say Mary must have done to Collin when she first met him?
5. What has Dickon named the animal who works in the garden with him on the first nice day after all the rain?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)