|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Collin wake up so happy the morning after his tantrum?
(a) He is excited for the plans he and Mary have made.
(b) He knows his father is coming to see him.
(c) He knows he will get to see Mary.
(d) He feels that he is getting well.
2. What does Collin think is making him well in the Garden?
(c) His mother's memory.
(d) Fresh Air.
3. What has Dickon added to Collin's daily routine in an effort to help him get stronger faster?
(c) Chants in a circle.
(d) More food.
4. What does Collin do when he hears what Mary plans to do after lunch on the first nice day after all the rain?
(a) He fires Martha.
(b) He asks her to read a book to him.
(c) He throws a tantrum.
(d) He forbids Mary to ever speak to his father again.
5. Who does Mary see Collin being rude to after his first day in the Garden?
(a) Dr. Craven.
(b) His nurse.
(c) Mrs. Medlock.
6. How does Dickon's mother know that Mr. Craven is on his way home?
(a) She can sense these things.
(b) She asked him when he left how long he would be.
(c) She wrote to him telling him to come home.
(d) He wrote to her telling her he was on his way.
7. What happens to distract Collin from the tree that killed his mother?
(a) They see a lamb jumping through the flowers.
(b) Dickon starts singing a song.
(c) The robin flies in.
(d) They hear distant thunder.
8. What does Dickon say keeps him so strong?
(a) The moor.
(b) His mother's love.
(c) Fresh Air.
9. Who always comes to see Collin after one of his tantrums?
(a) Dr. Craven.
(c) Mrs. Medlock.
(d) His father.
10. What does Collin plan to do with his life when he is older?
(a) Make important discoveries about magic.
(b) Be a teacher.
(c) Become a gardener.
(d) Inherit his father's business.
11. Why does Mary say no one has ever called Collin out on his rudeness?
(a) The pitied him.
(b) They hated him.
(c) They loved him.
(d) They feared him.
12. Who does Collin long to tell about the magic that he is witnessing all around him as he begins to get well?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) Dr. Craven.
(d) Mrs. Medlock.
13. What does Mr. Craven send Mary after she asks for her bit of earth?
(a) A letter asking her to befriend Collin.
(b) A box of seeds.
(c) Beautiful books about gardening.
(d) A picture of her mother.
14. What does Mrs. Medlock tell the head gardener about the new goings on in the house just before Collin goes out for the first time?
(a) Mary is a nuisance.
(b) Collin will get sicker.
(c) She is afraid of the consequences of all these new plans.
(d) Things are getting better.
15. What does Mary choose to do after her lunch on the first nice day after all the rain?
(a) Return to work in the garden.
(b) Visit Collin.
(c) Meet Dickon's mother.
(d) Ask her uncle for permission to be in the Garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins the circle that Collin creates as he tells Mary and Dickon of his future plans?
2. What kept Ben from fully keeping his promise to Mrs. Craven?
3. Who enters the garden while Collin, Dickon and Mary are expressing their thanks to the garden and its magic?
4. What does Mary find in the Garden when she is finally able to return to it after all the rain?
5. Who walks into the room as Mary and Collin are talking?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)