|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Collin's major request about his visits to the garden?
(a) He must be taken in his wheel chair.
(b) Mrs. Medlock is never to go with him.
(c) No one should know where he goes.
(d) Mary must always be by his side.
2. What kept Ben from fully keeping his promise to Mrs. Craven?
(a) The orders from Mr. Craven.
(b) His fear of her ghost in the garden.
(c) His arthritus.
(d) He got too busy with his other chores.
3. What does Dickon tell Mary to do for Collin to make him laugh the morning after his hysterics?
(a) Tickle him.
(b) Tell him about all of the animals in the garden.
(c) Describe the garden in detail.
(d) Speak to him in Yorkshire.
4. How long does Collin have to wait to see the garden after he meets Dickon?
(a) A day.
(b) A week.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 2 days.
5. Where does Mary spend her days while it is too rain to work on the Garden?
(a) Exploring Misselthwaite.
(b) In the library.
(c) Helping in the kitchen.
(d) With Collin.
6. What does Collin ask Mary to do for the surprise visitor to the garden after he is called a cripple?
(a) Give him the key.
(b) Swear him to secrecy.
(c) Show him into the garden.
(d) Invite him into the secret.
7. Who always comes to see Collin after one of his tantrums?
(a) His father.
(b) Mrs. Medlock.
(d) Dr. Craven.
8. What is Mary's nick-name for Collin?
9. What does Collin say about Dickon's mother just before he leaves the garden after expressing his thanks to it?
(a) That he is glad she was friends with his mother.
(b) That she were his own mother.
(c) That he could remember his own mother.
(d) That she understands children the way Dickon understands animals.
10. What does Mary make Collin do before telling him that she has found his mother's garden?
(a) To try and get well.
(b) Swear to secrecy.
(c) Take an oath.
(d) Promise to not think of death.
11. What has Dickon named the animal who works in the garden with him on the first nice day after all the rain?
12. What is the first thing that Collin plants in the Garden?
(a) A fern.
(b) A tree.
(c) A rose.
(d) A lily.
13. Who walks into the room as Mary and Collin are talking?
(a) Collin's nurse.
(b) Mrs. Medlock and Dr. Craven.
(c) Mary's uncle.
(d) Martha and Dickon.
14. What does Collin have to do to keep his secret as he begins to get well?
(a) Swear some of his staff to secrecy.
(b) Lie to his father about his progress.
(c) Pretend to be sick.
(d) Throw mock tantrums.
15. Why do Mary and Collin have to cover their mouths when they are in the presence of the staff as Collin begins to get well?
(a) So the staff does not see them laughing.
(b) To keep up the pretense of a contagious disease.
(c) To be a reminder to stay quiet about their secret.
(d) To muffle their laughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Dickon added to Collin's daily routine in an effort to help him get stronger faster?
2. Who does Dickon tell about the Garden with Mary's permission?
3. Why is Collin not able to walk?
4. Why did the nurse never do what Mary did for Collin during his hysterics?
5. What does Collin say once he is in the Garden?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)