Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has grown over the wall of the Secret Garden, thus hiding the door?
(b) Climbing roses.
2. What does Mary do with the key just after she finds it?
(a) Hides it in her room where Mrs. Medlock will not find it.
(b) Re-buries it and then marks the spot.
(c) Slips it into her pocket.
(d) Gives it to Ben.
3. How does Mary get her request to Dickon for what she thinks she needs in the Secret Garden?
(a) Martha dictates a letter for her.
(b) Mary asks Martha to ask him.
(c) Mary finds him in the garden and tells him.
(d) Mary asks the robin to tell him.
4. What is the name of the place that Mary is sent after the Cholera breaks out?
(a) Misseltoe Manor.
(b) Mission Place Manor.
(c) Misselthwaite Manor.
(d) Mighty Light Manor.
5. What is Mrs. Medlock's reaction when she finds that Mary has gotten lost in Misselthwaite Manor?
(a) She takes Mary on a tour so that she will not get lost again.
(b) She is angry and sends Mary to her room.
(c) She laughs at the fact that Mary is lost.
(d) She is happy to see Mary out of her room.
6. What is the name of Mary's closest living relative?
(a) Archibald Craven.
(b) Martha Medlock.
(c) Robert Lennox.
(d) Ben Weatherstaff.
7. What does Mrs. Medlock think of the moor?
(a) It is wild and dreary.
(b) It is barren and ugly.
(c) It is treacherous and lovely.
(d) It is exciting and new.
8. What are Mrs. Medlock's instructions to Mary as she is shown her two rooms in the Manor?
(a) To keep them tidy and neat.
(b) To stay to those rooms, and only those rooms.
(c) To never leave her room at night.
(d) To never ask anything of her uncle.
9. What does Mary do to the servant by her bed when she wakes up on the day the Cholera breaks out?
(a) Flies into a rage and kicks her.
(b) Embraces her and cries.
(c) Pleads with her to bring her mother to her.
(d) Whimpers and hides.
10. Who does Mary want to meet after hearing all of Martha's stories?
(a) Collin Craven.
(b) Archibald Craven.
(c) Ben Weatherstaff.
(d) Martha's mother and her brother Dickon.
11. How did Mrs. Sowerby get her gift for Mary?
(a) She made it.
(b) She bought it with part of Martha's wages.
(c) She asked one of her daughters to give it to her.
(d) She traded cooking for it.
12. What is wrong with Mary's uncle?
(a) He has hallucinations due to stress.
(b) He has a sickness of the lungs that also killed his wife.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He has a hunched back and a broken heart.
13. Who does Mary make friends with as she explores the gardens on her first day at Misselthwaite?
(b) A robin.
(c) A pony.
(d) Ben Weatherstaff.
14. What is Mary's first impression of the Secret Garden?
(a) It is dark and scary.
(b) It is warm and welcoming.
(c) It is sweet and mysterious.
(d) It is dreary and cold.
15. How long has the Secret Garden been locked up when Mary enters it?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 6 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Misselthwaite Manor?
2. What did Mr. Craven do with the key of the Secret Garden?
3. Who takes Mary in temporarily after her parents die?
4. How old is Mary when she chases away her first English governess?
5. What does Martha tell Mary when she comes in after meeting Dickon?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)