|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Mary to go outside to the gardens, even on cold and windy days?
2. What is the nickname that is given to Mary by one of the children who she stays with after her parents die?
(a) Scary Mary.
(b) Unhappy Mary of the Moore.
(c) Mary Mother of Mercy.
(d) Mistress Mary Quite Contrary.
3. What is Mrs. Medlock's reaction when she finds that Mary has gotten lost in Misselthwaite Manor?
(a) She is angry and sends Mary to her room.
(b) She is happy to see Mary out of her room.
(c) She takes Mary on a tour so that she will not get lost again.
(d) She laughs at the fact that Mary is lost.
4. What does Mary do to stay warm when she is out in the gardens by herself?
(a) Huddles by a wall.
5. What is the last stop of the train on Mary's journey to Misselthwaite Manor with Mrs. Medlock?
(a) Thwaite Station.
(b) Craven Station.
(c) Misselthwaite Station.
(d) Missel Mile Station.
6. What does Martha tell Mary the mysterious sound she hears at night really is?
(b) The wind.
(c) The chimneys.
(d) A child.
7. What did Mr. Craven do with the key of the Secret Garden?
(a) He buried it.
(b) He put in on a necklace and wears it.
(c) He melted it.
(d) He placed it on his wife's headstone.
8. In what county is Mary's new home?
9. What is wrong with Mary's uncle?
(a) He has a hunched back and a broken heart.
(b) He has a sickness of the lungs that also killed his wife.
(c) He has hallucinations due to stress.
(d) He is blind.
10. How many rooms are in Misselthwaite Manor?
(b) Over 100.
11. How many books does the library at Misselthwaite hold?
(b) Tens of thousands.
12. How long has the Secret Garden been locked up when Mary enters it?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 15 years.
13. Where is Mary living at the beginning of the book?
14. What does Mary need to know about Dickon before she will show him her garden?
(a) If he will teach her what she needs to do.
(b) If he will laugh at her.
(c) If he can keep secrets.
(d) If he will be her friend.
15. What has grown over the wall of the Secret Garden, thus hiding the door?
(b) Climbing roses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dickon tell Mary about the work she has done without his help in the garden?
2. What is the name of Mary's closest living relative?
3. Who does Mary want to meet after hearing all of Martha's stories?
4. What is Mrs. Medlock's first impression of Mary?
5. What does Mary think the moor is when she first sees it?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)