Short Answer Key
Chapter 1, "There's No One Left"
1. Where is Mary living at the beginning of the book?
2. Who watches over Mary at the beginning of the book?
3. Why is Mary always given her way at the beginning of the book?
The servants don't want her to cry and anger her parents.
4. How old is Mary when she chases away her first English governess?
5. How does Mary describe how she feels when she wakes up on the day the Cholera breaks out?
The day feels wrong.
6. What does Mary do to the servant by her bed when she wakes up on the day the Cholera breaks out?
Flies into a rage and kicks her.
7. What does Mary do as she plays alone on the day the Cholera breaks out?
Pretends to plant a garden.
8. How does Mary react...
This section contains 3,191 words|
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)