|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26, "It's Mother!".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary ask her uncle for when he asks her if she has any requests?
(a) A key to the garden.
(b) Books about gardening.
(c) A bit of earth.
(d) Some tools and seeds.
2. Why does Collin keep the portrait of his mother covered?
(a) He thinks she is laughing at him
(b) It makes him sad.
(c) He is angry with her for dying.
(d) It scares him.
3. What does Collin plan to do with his life when he is older?
(a) Inherit his father's business.
(b) Be a teacher.
(c) Make important discoveries about magic.
(d) Become a gardener.
4. On the rainy day when he cannot go out to the Garden, what does Collin say about the change in Mary's appearance that has occurred from the time they first met?
(a) She is taller and prettier.
(b) She was always very pretty to him.
(c) She looks more like his mother every day.
(d) She has grown fatter and more comely.
5. Why does Mary's uncle want to see her when he returns from his journey?
(a) Mrs. Sowerby said something to him.
(b) He wants to know what she needs.
(c) He wants to see if she looks like her aunt.
(d) He had a dream about her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Collin do as he is taken into the Garden?
2. What is Mary's nick-name for Collin?
3. What does Mary threaten to do when Collin says he will send Dickon away?
4. Why is Mary always given her way at the beginning of the book?
5. What does Dickon tell Mary to do for Collin to make him laugh the morning after his hysterics?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)