|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26, "It's Mother!".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dickon sure that someone has been in the garden during the past 10 years?
(a) There are annual seeds planted.
(b) There is a pile of clippings.
(c) There are some tools left behind.
(d) There has been some pruning done.
2. What surprises Martha about Mary's chance meeting Collin?
(a) She was able to find him.
(b) His nurse was not there.
(c) She did not get lost on her way.
(d) He did not throw a tantrum.
3. Why is Collin so restless on the first day it is too rainy for him to go out to the Garden?
(a) He is nervous about someone figuring out his secret.
(b) He has not had to sit so still for a long time.
(c) He is nervous about seeing his father.
(d) He hates knowing that the staff thinks he is crippled.
4. What does Dickon's mother say about the skylark's song in the morning?
(a) They are praising God.
(b) They are laughing.
(c) They are praying.
(d) They are singing the doxology.
5. What does Ben suggest that Collin do to show thanks to the garden and its magic?
(a) Write his father.
(b) Sing the Doxology.
(c) Say the Lord's prayer.
(d) Go to church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary awakened by in the night after her first fight with Colin?
2. What does Mary do to stay warm when she is out in the gardens by herself?
3. What does Mary realize about herself as she talks with Collin the night she first meets him?
4. How long has the Secret Garden been locked up when Mary enters it?
5. What is Mary afraid of a she looks through the garden?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)