|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26, "It's Mother!".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Medlock think of the moor?
(a) It is wild and dreary.
(b) It is barren and ugly.
(c) It is exciting and new.
(d) It is treacherous and lovely.
2. Who watches over Mary at the beginning of the book?
(b) Her Ayah.
(c) Her Mother.
(d) Her nursemaid.
3. What does Mary think she hears at night in Misselthwaite?
(a) An animal in pain.
(b) A woman screaming.
(c) A child crying.
(d) A ghost laughing.
4. How old is Misselthwaite Manor?
(a) 80 years old.
(b) 250 years old.
(c) 7 years old.
(d) 600 years old.
5. Why is Collin so angry about being called a cripple?
(a) It intensifies his fear that maybe he is crippled.
(b) He finds "cripple" a horribly derrogotory term.
(c) He doesn't like the idea of so many people thinking of him that way.
(d) He is ashamed of himself for not being able to prove that rumor wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary tell Martha at the end of tea time just after she finds the Secret Garden?
2. Who is sent to pick Mary up to take her to her new home?
3. Who does Collin say he wants to be as strong as?
4. What does Collin think Mrs. Sowerby has after he receives her kind gift in the Garden?
5. Why does Collin not mind keeping the curtain open over the picture of his mother as he begins to get well?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)