|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, "Tha' Munnot Waste No Time".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary think the moor is when she first sees it?
(a) A barren wasteland.
(b) The sea.
(c) A desert.
(d) A forest.
2. What causes Mary to go outside to the gardens, even on cold and windy days?
3. How do Mary and Mrs. Medlock get from the train station to the house?
(a) They ride a horse.
(b) They take an automobile.
(c) They take a carriage.
(d) They walk.
4. Why did the nurse never do what Mary did for Collin during his hysterics?
(a) She was afraid is would hurt him.
(b) She thought he wanted space.
(c) She did not know what Collin was upset about.
(d) She thought it would upset him.
5. Where is Mary living at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Medlock's first impression of Mary?
2. What is Mary awakened by in the night after her first fight with Colin?
3. Why does Mary's uncle want to see her when he returns from his journey?
4. What does Mary do to stay warm when she is out in the gardens by herself?
5. Why is all the plant-life on the moor so low to the ground?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)