|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, "Might I Have a Bit of Earth?".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mary spend most of her days after finding the Garden?
(a) Digging and weeding.
(b) Talking to the Robin.
(c) Running and jumping.
(d) Planting her new seeds.
2. What has grown over the wall of the Secret Garden, thus hiding the door?
(a) Climbing roses.
3. What does Mary notice about Ben as the weather grows nicer?
(a) He is getting forgetful.
(b) He seems sickly.
(c) He is in a better mood.
(d) He has a shorter temper.
4. What is the name of Mary's closest living relative?
(a) Robert Lennox.
(b) Martha Medlock.
(c) Ben Weatherstaff.
(d) Archibald Craven.
5. How did Mrs. Sowerby get her gift for Mary?
(a) She bought it with part of Martha's wages.
(b) She traded cooking for it.
(c) She asked one of her daughters to give it to her.
(d) She made it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary hear when she finds herself lost in Misselthwaite Manor on the day it was too rainy for her to go outside?
2. How many rooms are in Misselthwaite Manor?
3. What does Ben do that makes Mary think he looks much younger and kinder on her first day at Misselthwaite?
4. Why is Mary always given her way at the beginning of the book?
5. Why does Mary's uncle want to see her when he returns from his journey?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)