|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, "Might I Have a Bit of Earth?".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Martha say to Mary that deeply offends her when they first meet each other?
(a) Martha tells Mary that she is spoiled.
(b) Martha thought Mary was going to be an Indian girl.
(c) Martha is surprised Mary can't dress herself.
(d) Martha tells Mary that her uncle hates her.
2. What is the name of Mary's closest living relative?
(a) Ben Weatherstaff.
(b) Martha Medlock.
(c) Archibald Craven.
(d) Robert Lennox.
3. What does Mary need to know about Dickon before she will show him her garden?
(a) If he will laugh at her.
(b) If he will be her friend.
(c) If he can keep secrets.
(d) If he will teach her what she needs to do.
4. Why will Mary not see much of her uncle while she is at Misselthwaite Manor?
(a) He does not want to see her at all.
(b) He is sickly and needs much care.
(c) He keeps to himself and is seldom home.
(d) He is too busy with matters of work.
5. What does Mary think is so strange about the people helping her and Mrs. Medlock at the train station?
(a) They are wearing funny clothes.
(b) They walk funny.
(c) They speak funny.
(d) They all have funny hats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dickon tell Mary her secret is as safe as with him?
2. What is the name of the place that Mary is sent after the Cholera breaks out?
3. What causes Mary to go outside to the gardens, even on cold and windy days?
4. What did Mr. Craven do with the key of the Secret Garden?
5. Why does Mary's uncle want to see her when he returns from his journey?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)