|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, "Might I Have a Bit of Earth?".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary say when someone asks her if she likes herself?
(a) She had never thought about it.
(b) Sometimes she does, and sometimes she does not.
(c) She does - very much.
(d) She does not.
2. Who does Mary hope will see her as she uses her gift from Mrs. Sowerby outside?
(b) Archibald Craven.
(c) Ben Weatherstaff.
3. What does Martha tell Mary the mysterious sound she hears at night really is?
(a) A child.
(b) The wind.
(c) The chimneys.
4. What is Mary afraid of a she looks through the garden?
(a) It looks dead.
(b) She does not want to see her aunt's ghost.
(c) She is afraid of getting caught in there.
(d) Her uncle may be angry with her.
5. Why do Mary and Dickon speak so softly when Mary first shown him her garden?
(a) They are too surprised at what they are seeing.
(b) They do not want to frighten the animals.
(c) Out of reverence.
(d) They do not want to be heard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Mary in temporarily after her parents die?
2. How does Mary react whenever she sees her mother in Chapter 1?
3. What is the nickname that is given to Mary by one of the children who she stays with after her parents die?
4. What does Mary hate most about her life at Misslethwaite?
5. What does Mary need to know about Dickon before she will show him her garden?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)