|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, "Dickon".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary think is so strange about the people helping her and Mrs. Medlock at the train station?
(a) They are wearing funny clothes.
(b) They walk funny.
(c) They all have funny hats.
(d) They speak funny.
2. How does Mary tell Dickon she came across her garden?
(a) She dreamed it.
(b) She found it.
(c) It found her.
(d) She stole it.
3. What does Mary notice as they begin to pass over the moor?
(a) It is lovely.
(b) There are many houses there.
(c) There seems to be nothing there.
(d) It is darker than she had imagined.
4. What does Mrs. Medlock think of the moor?
(a) It is barren and ugly.
(b) It is exciting and new.
(c) It is wild and dreary.
(d) It is treacherous and lovely.
5. Who does Mary hope will see her as she uses her gift from Mrs. Sowerby outside?
(a) Archibald Craven.
(c) Ben Weatherstaff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary decide to do on a very rainy day when she is not able to go outside?
2. Why is Mary always given her way at the beginning of the book?
3. How long has the Secret Garden been locked up when Mary enters it?
4. What has grown over the wall of the Secret Garden, thus hiding the door?
5. Which of these is NOT an animal that was near Dickon when Mary first meets him?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)