|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, "Dickon".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mary want to meet after hearing all of Martha's stories?
(a) Ben Weatherstaff.
(b) Archibald Craven.
(c) Collin Craven.
(d) Martha's mother and her brother Dickon.
2. What does Martha say to Mary that deeply offends her when they first meet each other?
(a) Martha tells Mary that she is spoiled.
(b) Martha tells Mary that her uncle hates her.
(c) Martha thought Mary was going to be an Indian girl.
(d) Martha is surprised Mary can't dress herself.
3. What did Mr. Craven do with the key of the Secret Garden?
(a) He buried it.
(b) He placed it on his wife's headstone.
(c) He put in on a necklace and wears it.
(d) He melted it.
4. What does Mary notice about Ben as the weather grows nicer?
(a) He is getting forgetful.
(b) He has a shorter temper.
(c) He is in a better mood.
(d) He seems sickly.
5. Why will Mary not see much of her uncle while she is at Misselthwaite Manor?
(a) He keeps to himself and is seldom home.
(b) He is too busy with matters of work.
(c) He is sickly and needs much care.
(d) He does not want to see her at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary tell Martha at the end of tea time just after she finds the Secret Garden?
2. What does Mary tell Martha she wants after her first time inside the Secret Garden?
3. What does Mary do as she plays alone on the day the Cholera breaks out?
4. What does the robin show Mary as she is walking in the gardens after the rain has stopped?
5. What is the last stop of the train on Mary's journey to Misselthwaite Manor with Mrs. Medlock?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)