|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, "Dickon".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is NOT an animal that was near Dickon when Mary first meets him?
2. How many books does the library at Misselthwaite hold?
(a) Tens of thousands.
3. What does Mary hate most about her life at Misslethwaite?
(a) It has become too routine.
(b) She is not getting educated.
(c) She misses her parents.
(d) There is no one to talk to her.
4. How does Mary learn about what to do in the garden after she finds it?
(a) She does what seems natural for the plants.
(b) Reads books about gardening.
(c) Asks Ben lots of questions.
(d) Has Dickon help her.
5. What does Mary think is so strange about the people helping her and Mrs. Medlock at the train station?
(a) They all have funny hats.
(b) They are wearing funny clothes.
(c) They speak funny.
(d) They walk funny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Medlock's first impression of Mary?
2. How does Mary describe how she feels when she wakes up on the day the Cholera breaks out?
3. Who takes Mary in temporarily after her parents die?
4. What does Martha tell Mary the mysterious sound she hears at night really is?
5. What does Mary notice about Ben as the weather grows nicer?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)