|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, "Dickon".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mrs. Sowerby buy for Mary?
(a) A packet of seeds.
(b) A book.
(c) A skipping rope.
(d) A scarf.
2. Who wakes up Mary on her first morning at Misslethwaite Manor?
(a) Martha making a fire.
(b) Mrs. Medlock with Mary's breakfast.
(c) Collin crying.
(d) Archibald Craven as he is leaving in his carriage.
3. What is Mrs. Medlock's reaction when she finds that Mary has gotten lost in Misselthwaite Manor?
(a) She is happy to see Mary out of her room.
(b) She laughs at the fact that Mary is lost.
(c) She takes Mary on a tour so that she will not get lost again.
(d) She is angry and sends Mary to her room.
4. What has grown over the wall of the Secret Garden, thus hiding the door?
(b) Climbing roses.
5. How does Mary spend most of her days after finding the Garden?
(a) Digging and weeding.
(b) Planting her new seeds.
(c) Running and jumping.
(d) Talking to the Robin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the robin show Mary as she is walking in the gardens after the rain has stopped?
2. What does Mary call the Garden in her mind after she finds it?
3. How soon does Mary's uncle leave after she arrives at Misselthwaite Manor?
4. How does Mary learn about what to do in the garden after she finds it?
5. What does Martha say to Mary that deeply offends her when they first meet each other?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)