|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "The Key of the Garden".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mary living at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Mary think the moor is when she first sees it?
(a) A desert.
(b) A forest.
(c) A barren wasteland.
(d) The sea.
3. What is so surprising to Mary about the sky after the rain stops?
(a) It looks closer than before.
(b) The clouds are so beautiful.
(c) It has a hazy cleanliness to it.
(d) It is brilliantly blue.
4. What does Mary think is so strange about the people helping her and Mrs. Medlock at the train station?
(a) They speak funny.
(b) They are wearing funny clothes.
(c) They walk funny.
(d) They all have funny hats.
5. How many books does the library at Misselthwaite hold?
(d) Tens of thousands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sent to pick Mary up to take her to her new home?
2. What did Mr. Craven do with the key of the Secret Garden?
3. Where does Martha tell Mary to go on a very rainy day when she is not able to go outside?
4. What is the name of Mary's closest living relative?
5. What happens as Mary is playing by herself in Chapter 1?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)