|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "The Key of the Garden".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes Mary in temporarily after her parents die?
(a) Clergy Crayton.
(b) Bishop Parsiner.
(c) Reverend Crawford.
(d) Parson Parry.
2. What is wrong with Mary's uncle?
(a) He has hallucinations due to stress.
(b) He has a hunched back and a broken heart.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He has a sickness of the lungs that also killed his wife.
3. What does Mrs. Medlock think of the moor?
(a) It is exciting and new.
(b) It is barren and ugly.
(c) It is wild and dreary.
(d) It is treacherous and lovely.
4. Who is sent to pick Mary up to take her to her new home?
(a) Ben Weatherstaff.
(b) Mrs. Medlock.
(c) Robert Lennox.
(d) Archibald Craven.
5. What is the nickname that is given to Mary by one of the children who she stays with after her parents die?
(a) Scary Mary.
(b) Mistress Mary Quite Contrary.
(c) Unhappy Mary of the Moore.
(d) Mary Mother of Mercy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds Mary as she is hiding in the nursery?
2. What does Mary decide to do on a very rainy day when she is not able to go outside?
3. How old is Mary when she chases away her first English governess?
4. What does Martha say to Mary that deeply offends her when they first meet each other?
5. How do Mary and Mrs. Medlock get from the train station to the house?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)