|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "The Key of the Garden".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ben do that makes Mary think he looks much younger and kinder on her first day at Misselthwaite?
2. What is Mrs. Medlock's first impression of Mary?
(a) She is small and hurt.
(b) She is kind, sweet and loving.
(c) She is disagreeable and headstrong.
(d) She is sickly, plain and spoiled.
3. What does Martha tell Mary the mysterious sound she hears at night really is?
(b) The chimneys.
(c) A child.
(d) The wind.
4. Why is all the plant-life on the moor so low to the ground?
(a) The over-production of lumber.
(b) The wind.
(c) It is grazing country for sheep.
(d) The lack of rain.
5. What does Mary think the moor is when she first sees it?
(a) The sea.
(b) A desert.
(c) A barren wasteland.
(d) A forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last stop of the train on Mary's journey to Misselthwaite Manor with Mrs. Medlock?
2. What does Mary hear when she finds herself lost in Misselthwaite Manor on the day it was too rainy for her to go outside?
3. What does Mrs. Medlock do to Mary when they arrive at their first stop on the way to Misselthwaite Manor?
4. What is the nickname that is given to Mary by one of the children who she stays with after her parents die?
5. What does Mary say when someone asks her if she likes herself?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)