|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "The Key of the Garden".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what county is Mary's new home?
2. What is the nickname that is given to Mary by one of the children who she stays with after her parents die?
(a) Mistress Mary Quite Contrary.
(b) Scary Mary.
(c) Mary Mother of Mercy.
(d) Unhappy Mary of the Moore.
3. What is the name of the place that Mary is sent after the Cholera breaks out?
(a) Mighty Light Manor.
(b) Misseltoe Manor.
(c) Misselthwaite Manor.
(d) Mission Place Manor.
4. What does Martha say to Mary that deeply offends her when they first meet each other?
(a) Martha tells Mary that her uncle hates her.
(b) Martha tells Mary that she is spoiled.
(c) Martha thought Mary was going to be an Indian girl.
(d) Martha is surprised Mary can't dress herself.
5. What is wrong with Mary's uncle?
(a) He has a sickness of the lungs that also killed his wife.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He has a hunched back and a broken heart.
(d) He has hallucinations due to stress.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Mary when she chases away her first English governess?
2. How soon does Mary's uncle leave after she arrives at Misselthwaite Manor?
3. What does Mary think she hears at night in Misselthwaite?
4. How does Mary react whenever she sees her mother in Chapter 1?
5. What does Mary notice as they begin to pass over the moor?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)