|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23, "Magic".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mary get her request to Dickon for what she thinks she needs in the Secret Garden?
(a) Mary asks Martha to ask him.
(b) Mary finds him in the garden and tells him.
(c) Martha dictates a letter for her.
(d) Mary asks the robin to tell him.
2. How do Mary and Mrs. Medlock get from the train station to the house?
(a) They walk.
(b) They ride a horse.
(c) They take an automobile.
(d) They take a carriage.
3. What is the first thing that Mary hears when she gets to Misselthwaite Manor?
(a) Her room is ready and waiting.
(b) Her uncle wants to see her immediately.
(c) Her uncle does not want to see her.
(d) She will be expected to help with chores in the morning.
4. Who does Collin see climbing over the wall of the Garden?
(a) His father.
(b) Mrs. Medlock.
(c) The head gardener.
(d) Ben Weatherstaff.
5. What does Dickon tell Mary to do for Collin to make him laugh the morning after his hysterics?
(a) Tell him about all of the animals in the garden.
(b) Tickle him.
(c) Describe the garden in detail.
(d) Speak to him in Yorkshire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary want to use as a lure to get Collin to come outside when the weather is good again?
2. What does Dickon tell Mary about the work she has done without his help in the garden?
3. How is Collin feeling the morning after his hysterics?
4. How long does Collin have to wait to see the garden after he meets Dickon?
5. What are Mrs. Medlock's instructions to Mary as she is shown her two rooms in the Manor?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)