|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, "The Robin Who Showed the Way".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary hear when she finds herself lost in Misselthwaite Manor on the day it was too rainy for her to go outside?
(a) A man laughing.
(b) A woman screaming.
(c) A child crying.
(d) The wind roaring.
2. What does Mary decide to do on a very rainy day when she is not able to go outside?
(a) The library.
(b) Martha's Mother's house.
(c) Explore the rooms at Misselthwaite.
(d) The kitchen.
3. What did Mrs. Sowerby buy for Mary?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A skipping rope.
(c) A book.
(d) A packet of seeds.
4. What does Mary think is so strange about the people helping her and Mrs. Medlock at the train station?
(a) They are wearing funny clothes.
(b) They all have funny hats.
(c) They walk funny.
(d) They speak funny.
5. How did Mrs. Sowerby get her gift for Mary?
(a) She bought it with part of Martha's wages.
(b) She asked one of her daughters to give it to her.
(c) She made it.
(d) She traded cooking for it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Medlock think of the moor?
2. What is Mrs. Medlock's reaction when she finds that Mary has gotten lost in Misselthwaite Manor?
3. Why is all the plant-life on the moor so low to the ground?
4. What does Mary notice as they begin to pass over the moor?
5. How does Mary find the door of the Secret Garden?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)