|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, "Nest Building".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many books does the library at Misselthwaite hold?
(c) Tens of thousands.
2. What is the Robin doing on the first nice day after all the rain?
(a) Building a nest.
(b) Singing his joy about the warmth.
(c) Gathering nuts and berries.
(d) Trying to find a mate.
3. How do Mary and Mrs. Medlock get from the train station to the house?
(a) They ride a horse.
(b) They walk.
(c) They take a carriage.
(d) They take an automobile.
4. What does Mary ask her uncle for when he asks her if she has any requests?
(a) Books about gardening.
(b) A key to the garden.
(c) Some tools and seeds.
(d) A bit of earth.
5. What is Mary afraid of a she looks through the garden?
(a) She does not want to see her aunt's ghost.
(b) She is afraid of getting caught in there.
(c) It looks dead.
(d) Her uncle may be angry with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is beside Dickon as he works in the garden on the first nice day after all the rain?
2. What portraits in Misslethwaite are most interesting to Mary?
3. Where does Martha tell Mary to go on a very rainy day when she is not able to go outside?
4. How long has the Secret Garden been locked up when Mary enters it?
5. What does Mary notice as they begin to pass over the moor?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)