|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, "Nest Building".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Robin doing on the first nice day after all the rain?
(a) Building a nest.
(b) Singing his joy about the warmth.
(c) Trying to find a mate.
(d) Gathering nuts and berries.
2. Why does Mary's uncle want to see her when he returns from his journey?
(a) He wants to see if she looks like her aunt.
(b) He wants to know what she needs.
(c) He had a dream about her.
(d) Mrs. Sowerby said something to him.
3. How long has the Secret Garden been locked up when Mary enters it?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 10 years.
4. What is Mary's first impression of the Secret Garden?
(a) It is dark and scary.
(b) It is warm and welcoming.
(c) It is sweet and mysterious.
(d) It is dreary and cold.
5. What does Mary tell Martha at the end of tea time just after she finds the Secret Garden?
(a) She hates living there.
(b) She found the garden.
(c) She heard someone crying.
(d) She wants to meet Martha's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do most people take a liking to the moor, according to Mrs. Medlock?
2. What portraits in Misslethwaite are most interesting to Mary?
3. Why did Mary never play outdoors when she was in India?
4. What is Mary afraid of a she looks through the garden?
5. What does Mary hear when she finds herself lost in Misselthwaite Manor on the day it was too rainy for her to go outside?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)