|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, "Nest Building".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary afraid of a she looks through the garden?
(a) It looks dead.
(b) She is afraid of getting caught in there.
(c) She does not want to see her aunt's ghost.
(d) Her uncle may be angry with her.
2. What are Mrs. Medlock's instructions to Mary as she is shown her two rooms in the Manor?
(a) To never leave her room at night.
(b) To stay to those rooms, and only those rooms.
(c) To never ask anything of her uncle.
(d) To keep them tidy and neat.
3. What does Mrs. Medlock do to Mary when they arrive at their first stop on the way to Misselthwaite Manor?
(a) Warns her.
(b) Rebukes her.
(c) Wakes her.
(d) Embraces her.
4. What does Mary think the moor is when she first sees it?
(a) A forest.
(b) The sea.
(c) A desert.
(d) A barren wasteland.
5. What is the first thing that Mary hears when she gets to Misselthwaite Manor?
(a) Her room is ready and waiting.
(b) She will be expected to help with chores in the morning.
(c) Her uncle wants to see her immediately.
(d) Her uncle does not want to see her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Medlock's reaction when she finds that Mary has gotten lost in Misselthwaite Manor?
2. What does Mary think is so strange about the people helping her and Mrs. Medlock at the train station?
3. What does Mary tell Martha she wants after her first time inside the Secret Garden?
4. What does Mary ask her uncle for when he asks her if she has any requests?
5. How many books does the library at Misselthwaite hold?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)