|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, "Nest Building".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Medlock think of the moor?
(a) It is barren and ugly.
(b) It is wild and dreary.
(c) It is treacherous and lovely.
(d) It is exciting and new.
2. Why is all the plant-life on the moor so low to the ground?
(a) It is grazing country for sheep.
(b) The lack of rain.
(c) The wind.
(d) The over-production of lumber.
3. When do most people take a liking to the moor, according to Mrs. Medlock?
(a) When the animals all have their babies.
(b) When it is in bloom.
(c) When it is covered in snow.
(d) When the wind blows over it.
4. What is Mrs. Medlock's reaction when she finds that Mary has gotten lost in Misselthwaite Manor?
(a) She is happy to see Mary out of her room.
(b) She takes Mary on a tour so that she will not get lost again.
(c) She is angry and sends Mary to her room.
(d) She laughs at the fact that Mary is lost.
5. What are Mrs. Medlock's instructions to Mary as she is shown her two rooms in the Manor?
(a) To never leave her room at night.
(b) To keep them tidy and neat.
(c) To never ask anything of her uncle.
(d) To stay to those rooms, and only those rooms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary notice as they begin to pass over the moor?
2. What does Mary think is so strange about the people helping her and Mrs. Medlock at the train station?
3. How many books does the library at Misselthwaite hold?
4. What is Mary's first impression of the Secret Garden?
5. Where does Martha tell Mary to go on a very rainy day when she is not able to go outside?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)