|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, "Ben Weatherstaff".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Collin not able to walk?
(a) His legs are bent.
(b) He is wearing a brace.
(c) His legs are weak.
(d) He never learned.
2. What does Mary say when someone asks her if she likes herself?
(a) She had never thought about it.
(b) She does - very much.
(c) She does not.
(d) Sometimes she does, and sometimes she does not.
3. What is so surprising to Mary about the sky after the rain stops?
(a) It has a hazy cleanliness to it.
(b) The clouds are so beautiful.
(c) It is brilliantly blue.
(d) It looks closer than before.
4. Who walks into the room as Mary and Collin are talking?
(a) Collin's nurse.
(b) Mary's uncle.
(c) Mrs. Medlock and Dr. Craven.
(d) Martha and Dickon.
5. What stops the surprise visitor to the garden from lecturing Mary?
(a) The sight of Collin.
(b) The robin flies to Mary's shoulder.
(c) Mention of the robin.
(d) A rebuke from Dickon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Martha say Mary must have done to Collin when she first met him?
2. What does Mary notice about Ben as the weather grows nicer?
3. Why does Collin keep the portrait of his mother covered?
4. Where is Martha going on her day off after the rain has stopped?
5. What happens to distract Collin from the tree that killed his mother?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)