Chapter 1, "There's No One Left"
1. Where is Mary living at the beginning of the book?
2. Who watches over Mary at the beginning of the book?
(a) Her Mother.
(b) Her Ayah.
(c) Her nursemaid.
3. Why is Mary always given her way at the beginning of the book?
(a) The doctors are afraid crying will weaken her sickly frame.
(b) The servants are a lower class than her and must obey her will.
(c) Her mother is loving and never wants her to be unhappy.
(d) The servants don't want her to cry and anger her parents.
4. How old is Mary when she chases away her first English governess?
5. How does Mary describe how she feels when she wakes up on the day the Cholera breaks out?
(a) The day feels wrong.
(b) The day feels lonely.
(c) The day feels jubilant.
(d) The day feels oddly cold.
This section contains 5,564 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)