Chapter 1, "There's No One Left"
1. Where is Mary living at the beginning of the book?
2. Who watches over Mary at the beginning of the book?
(a) Her nursemaid.
(c) Her Mother.
(d) Her Ayah.
3. Why is Mary always given her way at the beginning of the book?
(a) The servants don't want her to cry and anger her parents.
(b) The servants are a lower class than her and must obey her will.
(c) The doctors are afraid crying will weaken her sickly frame.
(d) Her mother is loving and never wants her to be unhappy.
4. How old is Mary when she chases away her first English governess?
5. How does Mary describe how she feels when she wakes up on the day the Cholera breaks out?
(a) The day feels jubilant.
(b) The day feels lonely.
(c) The day feels oddly cold.
(d) The day feels wrong.
This section contains 5,564 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)