|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Verloc do when he returns home immediately after the meeting with Mr. Vladimir in which he learns his monthly income checks are in jeopardy.
(a) He enjoys a big homemade dinner and speaks in an unconcerned manner with his family.
(b) He seeks advice from Stevie on the matter.
(c) He sulks and worries.
(d) He goes to a local tavern after dinner for a couple of glasses of beer.
2. What does the professor tell Ossipon he will do if the police try to arrest him?
(a) Commit suicide by swallowing the poison he carries.
(b) Detonate a bomb killing everyone within fifty feet.
(c) Resist arrest and use his concealed pistol to shoot every police officer he can.
(d) Commit suicide by swallowing the poison he carries.
3. What does Heat tell the assistant commissioner that the coroner suspects regarding the fatality at the Greenwich Park explosion?
(a) That the person killed is the older, stocky male and the other individual left the scene prior to the explosion.
(b) That the person killed is the thinner, dark-haired male and the other individual left the scene prior to the explosion.
(c) That the person killed is the fair-haired female and the other individual left the scene prior to the explosion.
(d) That the person killed is the fair-haired male and the other individual left the scene prior to the explosion.
4. What does Mr. Vladimir learn about Mr. Verloc that terribly disappoints him?
(a) Mr. Verloc is losing money running his pornography business.
(b) Mr. Verloc is married.
(c) Mr. Verloc is having an affair with a bank clerk.
(d) Mr. Verloc's marriage is not permanent.
5. Which nation is Mr. Vladimir an agent for?
(c) Great Britain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of the International Red Committee rambles at the beginning of their meeting?
2. What does the hand of the professor tighten upon as he encounters Heat for the first time?
3. When asked by Ossipon to describe the person who purchased the device, what is the professor's response?
4. What does Red Committee group member Yundt view as being cannibalistic?
5. Red Committee member Ossipon expresses what opinion regarding the state of social ills?
Short Essay Questions
1. As the assistant commissioner does not believe that Chief Inspector Heat is being totally open with him, what are the items of information he finally receives before he dismisses him?
2. What are some of Karl Yundt's outstanding characteristics?
3. What is Ossipon's view of Mrs. Verloc's sibling?
4. What is it Mr. Vladimir seeks from Mr. Verloc?
5. What is Mr. Verloc's response to his meeting with Mr. Vladimir after he returns home?
6. Why was Michaelis sent to prison?
7. How is the individual whom the professor encounters in the alley at the beginning of Chapter 5 described?
8. As described at the conclusion of Chapter 5, what habit does the Assistant Commissioner have that comforts him the most?
9. How is Mr. Verloc's business establishment described?
10. How is Michaelis described?
This section contains 1,206 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)