|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in Mr. Verloc's residence does the meeting of the International Red Committee take place?
(a) In the parlor.
(b) In the basement.
(c) In a back room.
(d) In a room over his pornography shop.
2. What is the primary reason the assistant commissioner left his position as police chief in a small province for his current position?
(a) He was tired of police work in a small province and sought adventure in a large city.
(b) He enjoyed police work in the small province, but saw more real police work in London
(c) He married quickly while vacationing in London, and his wife was not eager to leave the city.
(d) He had already retired as a small provincial police chief, and a larger salary in London appealed to him.
3. What does Heat tell the assistant commissioner that the coroner suspects regarding the fatality at the Greenwich Park explosion?
(a) That the person killed is the fair-haired female and the other individual left the scene prior to the explosion.
(b) That the person killed is the older, stocky male and the other individual left the scene prior to the explosion.
(c) That the person killed is the fair-haired male and the other individual left the scene prior to the explosion.
(d) That the person killed is the thinner, dark-haired male and the other individual left the scene prior to the explosion.
4. What is the assistant commissioner's concern if they were to link Michaelis to the Greenwich Park bombing?
(a) The reputation of Michaelis' patroness would suffer irreparable damage, and the lady would never forgive the assistant commissioner.
(b) The reputation of Mrs. Verloc would suffer irreparable damage, and she would never forgive the assistant commissioner.
(c) The reputation of Baron Stott-Wartenheim's wife would suffer irreparable damage, and the assistant commissioner would never be forgiven.
(d) The reputation of Mrs. Verloc's mother would suffer irreparable damage, and she would never forgive the assistant commissioner.
5. Where do Mr. Wurmt and Mr. Verloc have their single meeting in the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one reason Mr. Verloc is unconcerned when he leaves his shop in the care of someone else?
2. What is the professor's reply when Ossipon asks if he has heard about the morning bomb explosion in Greenwich Park?
3. What is it that Ossipon wonders about for a brief time subsequent to learning of the Greenwich Park explosion and suspecting who was killed?
4. What does Mr. Verloc plan to do if he stops receiving monthly paychecks from the embassy?
5. What are the items usually sold when young men come in the shop for their first time and find Winnie at the counter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Michaelis subsequently receive compassion?
2. How does Winnie's mother views her daughter's romance with the young butcher?
3. Describe what act done by Chief Inspector Heat is detailed and defined as not particularly wise?
4. How is Winnie Verloc's appearance described?
5. How is Michaelis described?
6. As described at the conclusion of Chapter 5, what habit does the Assistant Commissioner have that comforts him the most?
7. Who is Ossipon?
8. Provide a description of where Ossipon runs into the professor in Chapter 4.
9. What is it Mr. Vladimir seeks from Mr. Verloc?
10. Describe the task undertaken by Chief Inspector Heat and what he views as a critical item he locates?
This section contains 1,298 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)