|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the paramedic tell Eli about Ross' condition after the explosions?
2. What is happening at Angel Quarry on the night that Ethan and Lucy decide to ghost hunt there?
3. When Lucy sees the picture of Cissy Pike, what does she say?
4. What does Ross believe about past lives?
5. What did Mrs. Sizemore remember about dinner with Cissy and Spencer at the Ethan Allen Club?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Az's confession a true confession?
2. Why does Ruby throw the card game with Ross?
3. What is significance of Canadian toddler who fell asleep in snow?
4. How does Az view age?
5. According to Ruby, what was the heart attack a warning of?
6. How does Ross explain to Eli how much he loves Lia?
7. How does Ethan explain to Lucy about ghosts?
8. What excuse does Spencer give about his wife and child's burial?
9. What did Eli's mom mean by "passing?"
10. What does Az mean when he tells Meredith that he will share and be at the Pike property when she is there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author add important information about the case? Do you think the old newspaper clippings, police reports and interviews help or hurt the story line? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Henry Perkins was a real person who started the Eugenics Survey of Vermont, but Harry Beaumont and Spencer Pike are fictional. How does this affect the story for you to know that this really happened and that there were real people who did this kind of work?
Essay Topic 3
What does it mean when Eli's mother talked to him about "passing?" From the information in the novel, can you tell what this was? What was his mother trying to do? What price do you think Eli paid for his mother's beliefs? Was he also protected by her beliefs? How?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)