|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lucy sees the picture of Cissy Pike, what does she say?
2. What happens to Rod in the car accident?
3. What happened to Cissy's baby according to what Ruby tells Ross?
4. Who did Cissy's mom fall in love with?
5. How did Cissy die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ross explain to Eli how much he loves Lia?
2. What does the murder case of Cissy Pike get Eli thinking about? How does her death relate to him?
3. How is Az's confession a true confession?
4. How does Eli discover how Cissy died?
5. Why does Ruby throw the card game with Ross?
6. When Cissy tries to tell her husband who her father is, what does Spencer do?
7. According to Ruby, what was the heart attack a warning of?
8. What did Eli's mom mean by "passing?"
9. Why is Shelby bothered by words like kill or die?
10. What does Ethan tell Lucy about their conditions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is the ending of "Second Glance" hopeful? How do you see these lives all connected by the tragedy of Cissy?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the odd happenings around town and how the people reacted to them. Why does the town not panic?
Essay Topic 3
Describe what you know about the Vermont Eugenics Program. What are your thoughts about this program and time?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)