|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of picture does Ross carry in his wallet?
2. What does Ross do when he discovers his boss is a phony?
3. Where does Shelby work?
4. What does Spencer Pike want Rod van Vleet to put in the strip mall?
5. What do the workers who work on the strip mall report seeing and hearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. On the first ghost hunting case of the novel, what is Eve O'Donnell's description of what is happening in her house?
2. How does Cissy show strength when she hires Gray Wolf?
3. What was the Eugenics Survey of Vermont?
4. Why does Meredith believe that Lucy is psychotic?
5. Why does Spencer tell Cissy he fired Gray Wolf?
6. What does Meredith's reckless driving prove?
7. What evidence was found at the murder scene of Cissy?
8. What is Az's belief about suicide?
9. Why did Gray Wolf kill a man?
10. What does Az see that he thinks is a firefly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe what you know about the Vermont Eugenics Program. What are your thoughts about this program and time?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author add important information about the case? Do you think the old newspaper clippings, police reports and interviews help or hurt the story line? Why?
Essay Topic 3
What were the goals of Spencer and his father-in-law? Do you think they wanted to make the world a better place? How much do you think Spencer would do to impress his father-in-law?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)