|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the workers who work on the strip mall report seeing and hearing?
2. When Ross was struck by lightening, how many minutes was he dead?
3. What do the Abenaki claim is on the land where they are holding the protest?
4. What can Meredith Oliver see from her office?
5. Who is Frankie Martine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Spencer take his wife to a New York doctor?
2. Why did Gray Wolf kill a man?
3. On the first ghost hunting case of the novel, what is Eve O'Donnell's description of what is happening in her house?
4. What does Az see that he thinks is a firefly?
5. Do you think the program outlined in Chapter 6 is a real program? Why? Why not?
6. What was Aimee's reaction the first time she lost a patient?
7. What are Ross's thoughts of suicide?
8. In Ross's experience, when a parent loses a child, why do they call a ghost hunter?
9. How did the Abenaki lose their land?
10. What happened to Eli's wife?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the odd happenings around town and how the people reacted to them. Why does the town not panic?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author add important information about the case? Do you think the old newspaper clippings, police reports and interviews help or hurt the story line? Why?
Essay Topic 3
What does it mean when Eli's mother talked to him about "passing?" From the information in the novel, can you tell what this was? What was his mother trying to do? What price do you think Eli paid for his mother's beliefs? Was he also protected by her beliefs? How?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)