|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the belief of locals about Angel Quarry?
2. How does Cissy wish she'd met her husband?
3. Instead of going to the Klifa Club, what does Cissy do?
4. What does Ross consider the "witching hour?"
5. Who are the people Professor Perkins studied in his surveys?
Short Essay Questions
1. What, according to Spencer's lectures, does he believe about African Americans?
2. On Meredith's awful blind date, how does she finally get rid of the guy?
3. On the first ghost hunting case of the novel, what is Eve O'Donnell's description of what is happening in her house?
4. Describe the insane asylum. How does Cissy react to patients?
5. Who write HELP on the mirror?
6. How does Shelby live with her son? What kind of life is this? What does Shelby believe about her life?
7. As the residents of Comtosook begin to experience weird happenings, what do Shelby, Rod and Spencer Pike all experience?
8. How does Chapter 5 open?
9. Why did Gray Wolf kill a man?
10. Why does Cissy seem certain that she is going to die when the baby arrives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the goals of Spencer and his father-in-law? Do you think they wanted to make the world a better place? How much do you think Spencer would do to impress his father-in-law?
Essay Topic 2
How is trial evidence added to the story? Do you like the way the author connected the evidence and facts with the information gathered by the ghost hunter?
Essay Topic 3
How is Meredith's work different from Spencer's?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)