|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ross ask Eli to do with the 70 year old investigation of the death of Cissy Pike?
(a) Talk to the judge about an extension.
(b) Re-open the case.
(c) Research the case.
(d) Meet Cissy Pike.
2. What gift does Gray Wolf leave for Cissy to find?
(a) A tiny pair of moccasins.
(b) An eagle feather.
(c) A dress.
(d) A beautiful hat.
3. When Cissy sees Gray Wolf fishing at the lake, where does she recognize him from?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) Her childhood.
(c) The Independence Day celebration.
(d) Her dreams.
4. What is the Klifa Club known for?
(a) It is a bridge club.
(b) It is a fraternity.
(c) It is a premier women's only club.
(d) It is the Daughter's of the American Revolution.
5. In the beginning of chapter two, Lucy is trying to hide from something she sees in her room. What does she pretend to be?
(a) A doll.
(b) A turtle.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gray Wolf's real name?
2. Who is Lia?
3. What secret does Meridith carry about her pregnancy with Lucy?
4. What does Spencer do in his office at night?
5. What does Cissy's father believe about living near water?
Short Essay Questions
1. What, according to Spencer's lectures, does he believe about African Americans?
2. What does Ross believe about his own power to die? Why does he carry these beliefs with him?
3. What does Meredith's reckless driving prove?
4. Why does Spencer take his wife to a New York doctor?
5. What was the Eugenics Survey of Vermont?
6. What does the medication do for Lucy when she sees her ghosts?
7. What evidence was found at the murder scene of Cissy?
8. What is the first time that rose petals are introduced in the story?
9. How are the De La Corriases an example of Meredith's work?
10. Why does Spencer tell Cissy he fired Gray Wolf?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)