|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Cissy sees Gray Wolf fishing at the lake, where does she recognize him from?
(a) Her childhood.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) The Independence Day celebration.
(d) Her dreams.
2. How did Ross almost die the second time?
(a) Drove his car off a bridge.
(b) Ate poison food.
(c) Crashed his racecar.
(d) Fell out of a tree.
3. What language does Az speak that nobody else knows?
4. What 5 things are in the case file of Cissy Pike?
(a) A manila folder, a stack of crime-scene photographs, a paper lunch sack, a cigar box and a noose.
(b) Rose petals, photographs of the crime scene, moccasins, a leather pouch and sugar cubes.
(c) Red wine, crime scene photographs, a manila folder, a paper lunch sack and a noose.
(d) Crime scene photographs, rose petals, an axe, a wooden box and sugar cubes.
5. What falls out of the sky and hits Ross' leg one night?
(a) A stone.
(b) A tree branch.
(c) An egg.
(d) A peach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cissy cut herself?
2. How many Abenaki populated the earth at the height of their existence?
3. Why does Cissy believe that her husband married her?
4. What does Ross think Az is the first time he meets him?
5. What does Cissy's husband do to Gray Wolf to get him to leave the property?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ross believe about his own power to die? Why does he carry these beliefs with him?
2. Why does Spencer Pike believe that his property is haunted?
3. What, according to Spencer's lectures, does he believe about African Americans?
4. In Ross's experience, when a parent loses a child, why do they call a ghost hunter?
5. What happened to Eli's wife?
6. Do you think the program outlined in Chapter 6 is a real program? Why? Why not?
7. What does the medication do for Lucy when she sees her ghosts?
8. What job does Ross have with the Warburtons and what are the Warburtons looking for when they do an investigation?
9. What does Meredith's reckless driving prove?
10. On the first ghost hunting case of the novel, what is Eve O'Donnell's description of what is happening in her house?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)