|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Eli runs from the haunted house, what happens behind him?
(a) The house moans.
(b) The house lights up.
(c) Rose petals fall from the sky.
(d) The house shakes.
2. What is the big difference between Ross and the Warburtons?
(a) He has a television show, but the Warburtons do not.
(b) He is older than the Warburtons.
(c) He would take no money for his services.
(d) He could really see ghosts.
3. When Spencer awakes in the nursing home, what does he hear?
(a) The ocean.
(b) A baby crying.
(c) Construction work.
4. Why do mothers in Comtosook wake their children in the middle of the night?
(a) To see the sun come at at 3 a.m.
(b) To play outside in the moonlight.
(c) To see the moon rise over the lake.
(d) To see the roses bloom at midnight.
5. How does Ross explain ghosts and dying to Ethan?
(a) "It's like falling asleep."
(b) "It's like falling in love."
(c) "It's like taking the bus."
(d) "It's like sitting in falling snow."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ross consider the "witching hour?"
2. How does Cissy get permission from her husband to have Gray Wolf be around her house?
3. What does Ross wear on a chain around his neck?
4. When Shelby and Ethan think it is snowing, what is falling from the sky?
5. What do the Abenaki claim is on the land where they are holding the protest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Ross's thoughts of suicide?
2. What happened to Eli's wife?
3. Why does Cissy seem certain that she is going to die when the baby arrives?
4. How does Cissy show strength when she hires Gray Wolf?
5. Do you think the program outlined in Chapter 6 is a real program? Why? Why not?
6. What job does Ross have with the Warburtons and what are the Warburtons looking for when they do an investigation?
7. Why does Spencer Pike believe that his property is haunted?
8. How does Ross avoid his sister after the night at the hospital?
9. What, according to Spencer's lectures, does he believe about African Americans?
10. Why does Meredith believe that Lucy is psychotic?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)