|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cissy going to keep on her dressing table that Gray Wolf gives her?
(a) A small pouch.
(b) A miniature portrait of her mother.
(c) A lock of his hair.
(d) A pipe.
2. What is the Klifa Club known for?
(a) It is the Daughter's of the American Revolution.
(b) It is a fraternity.
(c) It is a bridge club.
(d) It is a premier women's only club.
3. What kind of picture does Ross carry in his wallet?
(a) A picture of Aimee.
(b) A picture of a face over a lake.
(c) A picture of Ethan.
(d) A picture of his first wife.
4. How old is Lucy Oliver?
5. Who is Frankie Martine?
(a) An old girlfriend of Eli's.
(b) The town sheriff.
(c) A waitress at a local bar who saw Gray Wolf on the night of Cissy's death.
(d) A DNA researcher and old friend of Eli's
6. Why does Cissy believe that her husband married her?
(a) Because of her light skin and blue eyes.
(b) Because of her intelligence.
(c) Because she is Henry Beaumont's daughter.
(d) Because of her beauty.
7. What does Cissy spill on her lap while having dinner at the Ethan Allen Club?
8. When Cissy is caught visiting with Gray Wolf, what does she tell her husband she is doing?
(a) Hiring him to do some work on the house.
(b) Buying baskets from him.
(c) Buying a trinket from him.
(d) Buying a blanket from him.
9. What information does Eve O'Donnell not want to tell Ross, the ghost hunter?
(a) That she is scared of her basement.
(b) That she knows he almost died.
(c) That she is a widow.
(d) That she had a sister who died at 7 years of age.
10. When Spencer awakes in the nursing home, what does he hear?
(a) Construction work.
(c) A baby crying.
(d) The ocean.
11. Who are the people Professor Perkins studied in his surveys?
(a) Indians, but they are called Gypsies.
(c) African Americans.
12. When Ross was struck by lightening, how many minutes was he dead?
13. What did Aimee do for a living?
(a) She was a professional musician.
(b) She was an artist.
(c) She was a nurse.
(d) She was a medical student.
14. What is remarkable about the oldest headstone in the cemetery in Comtosook?
(a) There are two different names.
(b) There are no dates of birth or death.
(c) There are two different dates of birth.
(d) There are two different dates of death.
15. When Ethan runs away to the quarry, who does he find there?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ross try to kill himself?
2. When Ross hears the pennies hit the floor in Eve's attic, who does he call out for?
3. What does Ross ask Eli to do with the 70 year old investigation of the death of Cissy Pike?
4. Why did Spencer Pike decide to stop heralding the pedigree charts as the main thrust of the Vermont eugenics movement?
5. What is Gray Wolf's real name?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)