|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What evidence does Ross show to Rod from his ghost hunting?
(a) A 1932 penny.
(b) A picture of a head over a lake.
(c) A grainy image with floating balls of light.
(d) A voice recording of someone screaming.
2. What is the defining characteristic of Lottie, the town clerk?
(a) She's very smart.
(b) She's extremely cute.
(c) She's very sexy.
(d) She is always on a diet.
3. What does Cissy do when her husband cancels their lunch?
(a) She goes home and visits with Ruby.
(b) She meets Gray Wolf.
(c) She goes with Abigail to the the State Mental Hospital.
(d) She runs away from home.
4. What language does Az speak that nobody else knows?
5. What is remarkable about the oldest headstone in the cemetery in Comtosook?
(a) There are no dates of birth or death.
(b) There are two different dates of death.
(c) There are two different dates of birth.
(d) There are two different names.
6. When Ross was struck by lightening, how many minutes was he dead?
7. What falls out of the sky and hits Ross' leg one night?
(a) A stone.
(b) An egg.
(c) A tree branch.
(d) A peach.
8. What game do Ross and Ethan play while sitting in the dark on their stakeout?
(a) They play cards.
9. What have the two boys who see the monster been eating?
10. What do the Abenaki claim is on the land where they are holding the protest?
(a) A strip mall.
(b) A sacred sight for their gods.
(c) A murder scene.
(d) Indian burial grounds.
11. What magician is Cissy fascinated with?
(a) Harry Houdini.
(b) The Great Hoax.
(d) David Copperfield.
12. What does the New York doctor discuss with Spencer?
13. What does Cissy's husband do to Gray Wolf to get him to leave the property?
(a) He fires him.
(b) He feeds him dinner.
(c) He pays him the money he owes him.
(d) He kills him.
14. What outside game does Ethan play at night?
(a) He plays baseball.
(b) He runs.
(c) He skateboards.
(d) He rides his bike.
15. What is the Vermont state motto?
(a) "True stock."
(b) "Freedom and Unity."
(c) "A Pure Breed."
(d) "Waterfalls and Rainbows."
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Az have?
2. What does Cissy's father believe about living near water?
3. What happens when the scientists from the Army Corps of Engineers arrive in Comtosook?
4. What gift does Gray Wolf leave for Cissy to find?
5. What saying does Cissy think of as she looks at the mental patients?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)