|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT the name of one of the rock formations inside Lost Cove Cave?
(a) Old Man of the Mountain.
(b) The Captain.
(c) The Nuns.
(d) The Sleeping Tiger.
2. Which actor's suicide did Will's father obsess over?
(a) Marilyn Monroe.
(b) Charlie Chaplin.
(c) Ross Alexander.
(d) Groucho Marx.
3. What is the area of the cave called where Will makes his nesting place?
(a) The Crawl.
(b) The Chimney.
(c) The Theater.
(d) The Hideaway.
4. Where did Father Weatherbee spend fifty years of his life?
(d) The Philippines.
5. What does Will wear when he leaves the nursing home to get Allison from the greenhouse?
(a) A polo shirt and khakis.
(b) His pajamas.
(c) The cardigan that Leslie gave him.
(d) A suit and tie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Marion NOT know about at the nursing home?
2. How does Allison get Will onto her makeshift bed on the table?
3. What does Bernie want Will to do?
4. What is Leslie's nickname for Will?
5. What animal does Will keep dreaming of in the cave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What skills do the three old guys who Will befriends in the convalescent home possess?
2. What psychological breakthrough does Will make as he sits in his car thinking?
3. What makes Allison feel like she needs another person in her life?
4. Where does Will take Allison when they leave the greenhouse?
5. What happens in the secret room that Jack Curl shows Will at the convalescent home?
6. When Will sees himself in the mirror of his Mercedes after leaving the greenhouse, what does he think he looks like?
7. What news does Kitty tell Will about her family when they talk in the parking lot of the country club?
8. Why does Will end up needing to be in Dr. Vance's daily care?
9. What happens to Will's guns at the end of the novel?
10. How does Allison feel about doing the errands that Will asks her to do?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)