|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator chalk up Kitty's "new age" beliefs to?
(a) Dr. Duk has influenced her.
(b) He suggests that Kitty is crazy, too.
(c) Allison's beliefs have influenced her.
(d) He says we're all Californians now.
2. What happens when the hiker puts his hand on Allison's thigh?
(a) The dog growls and scares him away.
(b) Allison slaps him.
(c) Allison won't look at him or talk.
(d) They kiss.
3. When they leave the greenhouse, what does Will realize he doesn't have?
(b) An address.
(c) His medication.
(d) His car keys.
4. Which actor's suicide did Will's father obsess over?
(a) Groucho Marx.
(b) Charlie Chaplin.
(c) Marilyn Monroe.
(d) Ross Alexander.
5. What nickname does Will give his father when he is talking to him in his head?
(a) Old Mole.
(b) Old Badger.
(c) Old Fox.
(d) Old Snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will propose to do for the man he met on the bus?
2. What does Will decide makes men like wars?
3. After getting off the bus, where does Will find himself when he wakes up?
4. When Will and Allison leave the greenhouse, where does Will take her?
5. What is the morning movie the day that Will leave to go find Allison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two things that Will has to tell Allison when he returns to the greenhouse?
2. What plan do Allison and Will make for their futures?
3. What forces Will to leave the cave?
4. What psychological breakthrough does Will make as he sits in his car thinking?
5. Why does Will end up needing to be in Dr. Vance's daily care?
6. What does Will take with him into the cave?
7. What skills do the three old guys who Will befriends in the convalescent home possess?
8. How does Allison feel about doing the errands that Will asks her to do?
9. What does Allison enjoy about taking care of Will that makes her think she should nurse comatose patients?
10. What happens to Will's guns at the end of the novel?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)