|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Allison get her water from?
(a) The greenhouse still has working plumbing.
(b) She brings back jugs of water from town.
(c) From the waterfall nearby.
(d) A stream runs through the greenhouse.
2. What does the man washing the Ford Galaxy at the auto shop tell Allison that Mr. Barrett is going to do for him?
(a) Promote him to sales.
(b) Promote him to manager.
(c) Send him to Princeton.
(d) Get him drafted to an NFL team.
3. Why doesn't Allison approach Will at first when she finds his golf balls?
(a) Because he looked angry.
(b) Because she didn't recognize him.
(c) Because she thought he was her father.
(d) Because she wasn't dressed yet.
4. What does Allison notice that many of the young people are wearing as she watches from the bench?
(c) Leather pants.
(d) College t-shirts.
5. What does Will think that his constant hitting the golf ball out of bounds means in a larger sense?
(a) He just attributes it to his poor health with no further meaning.
(b) It means that he's getting old.
(c) It represents a failure at life.
(d) It means that he's been cursed by God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ewell want to fix Will up with?
2. What does Allison use the stained glass window for?
3. Why does Will go through the trouble of leaving such elaborate instructions for Lewis and Sutter to carry out?
4. Who is the philosopher who inspires Will's experiment in the cave?
5. What does Allison say woke her up?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Allison get the large iron cook stove into the greenhouse?
2. How does Allison get all of the things she purchases in town back to the greenhouse?
3. What is the self-discovery that Allison makes before she goes to Linwood?
4. When does Will realize who Allison is?
5. What is Will unhappy about during the game of golf with Ed Cupp, Bernie Peabody, Lewis Peckham, and Jimmy Rogers?
6. What is the trouble that the chaplain Jack Curl is having with Will's daughter, Leslie?
7. Why is Allison hesitant to take the gift Will brings her?
8. When Allison's parents have a conference alone with Dr. Duk, what does she find out that instigates her escape?
9. What is the first time Will Barrett's deceased wife is mentioned?
10. Why does Allison refuse Will's help in moving the stove?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)