|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the fivesome golf game, what unusual thing does Will find himself doing with his golf club when he is hunting for his out of bounds ball?
(a) He uses it for a cane.
(b) He knocks the ball out of a tree with it.
(c) He uses it to prop up the barbed wire fence so he can climb under it.
(d) He holds it like a shotgun.
2. What is Allison looking at in the beginning of Chapter 2 that resembles a head?
(a) A mountain.
(b) A cloud.
(c) A leaf.
(d) A tree.
3. Where did Will's father get the Luger from?
(a) From an SS Colonel.
(b) From his father.
(c) From a hunting guide.
(d) From General Patton.
4. What color enamel does Allison find under the soot covering the stove?
(a) Black and white.
(b) Turquoise and white.
(c) Red and white.
(d) Red and blue.
5. Why does Will write Lewis a letter telling him that he is coming to visit him by coming through Lost Cove Cave?
(a) So Lewis can come join him in the cave.
(b) Because Lewis doesn't have a telephone.
(c) Because Lewis likes correspondence.
(d) So Lewis can find his body if he dies in the cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is Will's Mercedes worth?
2. Where are Allison's parents on their way to when they stop to visit her and Dr. Duk?
3. What does Will find when he heads through the trees trying to find the clubhouse?
4. Where does Allison get her water from?
5. Who does Will tell Kitty that he visited in Santa Fe the year before?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Will enters the greenhouse on his second visit?
2. What is important about the hunting trip with his father that Will remembers during his golf game?
3. When Allison's parents have a conference alone with Dr. Duk, what does she find out that instigates her escape?
4. How does Allison get all of the things she purchases in town back to the greenhouse?
5. What is Will unhappy about during the game of golf with Ed Cupp, Bernie Peabody, Lewis Peckham, and Jimmy Rogers?
6. What does Will think his father was trying to tell him on that hunting trip?
7. What does Allison talk to the man in the garage of Washau Motors about?
8. What does Allison think that she and the runner might have in common?
9. What happy discovery does Allison make when she gets the stove out of the cellar?
10. What restores the "missing ninety-eight percent" of Will's personality?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)