|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Allison need two of that she purchases for $7.95 each?
(a) Cans of WD-40.
(c) 10" crescent wrenches.
(d) Lengths of rope.
2. Where does Allison get her water from?
(a) From the waterfall nearby.
(b) A stream runs through the greenhouse.
(c) She brings back jugs of water from town.
(d) The greenhouse still has working plumbing.
3. What does Allison need the WD-40 for?
(a) The hinges on some of the windows needed oiling.
(b) To polish the stove.
(c) The door in the greenhouse squeaked.
(d) To loosen the screws on the stove.
4. What kind of car does Will Barrett drive?
(c) Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud.
5. Why does Allison think Aunt Sally liked her?
(a) Because she listened to Aunt Sally and nobody else did.
(b) Because she was pretty.
(c) Because they both loved Linwood.
(d) Because they both liked music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman with the brochures invite Allison to do?
2. What is NOT one of the things that Will thinks when the shot is first fired into the garage?
3. Who is it that Jack wants to talk to Will about when they visit the nursing home?
4. How large is the estate that Will lives on?
5. How does Allison reassemble the stove when she gets it into the greenhouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Allison talk to the man in the garage of Washau Motors about?
2. Why does Allison refuse Will's help in moving the stove?
3. What does Will hope to prove with his experiment?
4. What does Allison realize that she forgot to ask when she arrives at Washau Motors?
5. What is Will unhappy about during the game of golf with Ed Cupp, Bernie Peabody, Lewis Peckham, and Jimmy Rogers?
6. Why does Will choose Sutter Vaught to be the beneficiary of his life insurance?
7. Why does Allison want to move the old stove into her greenhouse?
8. Why does Allison buy herself new clothes when she gets to Linwood?
9. How does Allison find out where her aunt's estate is?
10. What is the first time Will Barrett's deceased wife is mentioned?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)