|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does everyone keep comparing Leslie to?
(a) Will's father.
(b) Jack Curl.
2. What errand does Will ask Allison to do that she's nervous about?
(a) Drive his car.
(b) Go to the doctor.
(c) Go to Western Union.
(d) Go to the library.
3. How old was Will when we went on the cross country trip with his father?
4. Who is Kitty waiting on before she goes to the greenhouse to get Allison?
(a) Lewis Peckham.
(b) Dr. Alistair Dukhipoor.
(c) Walter Huger.
(d) The Sheriff.
5. What animal does Will keep dreaming of in the cave?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A bear.
(c) A bat.
(d) A tiger.
6. What does Will realize about the hunting accident with his father?
(a) That his father meant to shoot the guide.
(b) That his father shot at him with both barrels.
(c) That his father had spells just like he did.
(d) That the gun malfunctioned.
7. What does Will decide makes men like wars?
(a) War makes peace desirable.
(b) Men aren't afraid of death.
(c) Men like to kill each other.
(d) Men like guns.
8. What object belonging to his wife does Will find in his car?
(a) A jacket.
(b) Her earring.
(c) A ring.
(d) Her lap robe.
9. What is the area of the cave called where Will makes his nesting place?
(a) The Hideaway.
(b) The Theater.
(c) The Crawl.
(d) The Chimney.
10. Which actor's suicide did Will's father obsess over?
(a) Charlie Chaplin.
(b) Groucho Marx.
(c) Ross Alexander.
(d) Marilyn Monroe.
11. What drug does Will have to take to keep him stable?
12. What happened to Allison's father, Walter?
(a) He went to the island in Georgia.
(b) He got lost looking for Allison.
(c) He moved to New York City.
(d) He wrecked his car.
13. How does Will know how long he's been in the cave?
(a) His watch has the date.
(b) He notes the days in a notebook.
(c) He makes notches in the wall.
(d) He counts the sleeping pills.
14. What happens when the hiker puts his hand on Allison's thigh?
(a) They kiss.
(b) The dog growls and scares him away.
(c) Allison slaps him.
(d) Allison won't look at him or talk.
15. Even though she's with him because of his involvement with Allison, what does Kitty invite Will to do?
(a) Play a round of golf.
(b) Invest in the development she's planning on the estate.
(c) Go for a drive and "hug up."
(d) Be Allison's guardian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day is it when Kitty wakes Will in his car?
2. Where did Father Weatherbee spend fifty years of his life?
3. What does the narrator chalk up Kitty's "new age" beliefs to?
4. Who does Allison think Will is when he first arrives at the greenhouse?
5. What has Kitty just finished doing when she wakes up Will in his car?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)