|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kitty think is wrong with Allison?
(a) She didn't quite make it all the way into this life.
(b) She is an alien.
(c) She has psychic powers.
(d) She is possessed.
2. What does Will realize about the hunting accident with his father?
(a) That his father meant to shoot the guide.
(b) That the gun malfunctioned.
(c) That his father shot at him with both barrels.
(d) That his father had spells just like he did.
3. What happens when the hiker puts his hand on Allison's thigh?
(a) Allison won't look at him or talk.
(b) They kiss.
(c) The dog growls and scares him away.
(d) Allison slaps him.
4. What does Will want to do when he leaves the country club parking lot?
(a) Go get his golf clubs.
(b) Go home to bathe and shave.
(c) Take his guns out on the mountain to shoot.
(d) Go back to Allison.
5. When Will leaves the greenhouse and goes out to his car, where has Allison parked it?
(a) In the country club parking lot.
(b) On the side of the road.
(c) On the old driveway of the estate.
(d) In the parking lot of the condos near her estate.
6. How does Allison wash the cave clay off of Will and his clothes?
(a) She builds a shower.
(b) She pours water over him from the empty bleach bottle.
(c) In the waterfall.
(d) With hot water from the stove.
7. Why does Allison think she should work with comatose patients?
(a) Because they can't look at her.
(b) Because she is strong and can lift them.
(c) Because she can read minds.
(d) Because she has experience.
8. What are the animals that Will finds when he is trying to escape from the cave?
9. What object belonging to his wife does Will find in his car?
(a) Her earring.
(b) A jacket.
(c) A ring.
(d) Her lap robe.
10. What does Will ask Father Weatherbee to do?
(a) Get in touch with Jack Curl for him.
(b) Marry him and Allison.
(c) Work for him as a gardener.
(d) Take over the nursing home.
11. What nickname does Will give his father when he is talking to him in his head?
(a) Old Fox.
(b) Old Snake.
(c) Old Badger.
(d) Old Mole.
12. What familiar sight does Will see on a tree branch before entering the cave that affects his dreams while he's there?
(a) An owl.
(b) A hawk.
(c) A golf ball.
(d) A cicada shell.
13. How much money does Will tell Allison that he has?
(a) A hundred million.
(b) About five or six million.
(c) About fifty or sixty million.
(d) About $5.
14. What does Will find Mr. Lionel Eberhart doing at the nursing home?
(a) Playing chess.
(b) Watering pine trees.
(c) Playing with trains.
(d) Watching a movie.
15. How does Kitty find Will sleeping in his car?
(a) She parked next to him.
(b) She was part of a search party.
(c) Allison told her where he was.
(d) Dr. Vance told her where he was.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Will know how long he's been in the cave?
2. What fruit does Allison tell Will she has just been eating when he arrives?
3. What does Will say when Jack suggests that he take up railroading?
4. What makes Will jump out of the car and pace?
5. How old was Will when we went on the cross country trip with his father?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)