|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fruit does Allison tell Will she has just been eating when he arrives?
2. How old was Will when we went on the cross country trip with his father?
3. What is the morning movie the day that Will leave to go find Allison?
(b) King Solomon's Mines.
(c) M. A. S. H.
(d) Lawrence of Arabia.
4. Complete the quote, "Everybody thinks that there are only two things: war which is a kind of life in death, and peace which is ______."
(b) "A kind of death in life."
(c) "The only kind of life."
(d) "No kind of life."
5. What are the animals that Will finds when he is trying to escape from the cave?
6. What word is Allison unsure of?
7. Even though she's with him because of his involvement with Allison, what does Kitty invite Will to do?
(a) Play a round of golf.
(b) Invest in the development she's planning on the estate.
(c) Be Allison's guardian.
(d) Go for a drive and "hug up."
8. What does Will realize he didn't do just as he's about to enter the cave?
(a) Meet Kitty for their tryst.
(b) Send the letters to Lewis and Sutter.
(c) Tell Kitty where Allison was hiding.
(d) Tell his daughter goodbye.
9. When Will leaves the greenhouse and goes out to his car, where has Allison parked it?
(a) In the parking lot of the condos near her estate.
(b) On the side of the road.
(c) On the old driveway of the estate.
(d) In the country club parking lot.
10. Will thinks that you don't actually learn anything in life that you didn't already know at what age?
11. What do Mr. Ryan and Mr. Arnold get into a fight about?
(a) A woman.
(d) Watching television.
12. What does the dog do when Will falls into the greenhouse?
(a) Runs to hide.
(b) Wags his tail and waits for Will to get up.
(c) Bites his hand again.
(d) Licks his face.
13. What is Leslie's nickname for Will?
(b) Old Pappy.
14. Whom does everyone keep comparing Leslie to?
(b) Will's father.
(d) Jack Curl.
15. What does Allison say she would do for work when Will asks her?
(a) Work in a bakery.
(b) Be a waitress.
(c) Work in a factory.
(d) Hoisting and gardening.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Allison do for Will after his fall?
2. Which of the following places is NOT one that Will remembers visiting with his father on their cross country trip?
3. Who does Allison think Will is when he first arrives at the greenhouse?
4. What has Kitty just finished doing when she wakes up Will in his car?
5. What does Will wear when he leaves the nursing home to get Allison from the greenhouse?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)