|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will say when Jack suggests that he take up railroading?
(a) He's taking up senior golf.
(b) He'd rather watch movies.
(c) He's taking up the pipe.
(d) He's going back to Allison.
2. What does the narrator chalk up Kitty's "new age" beliefs to?
(a) He says we're all Californians now.
(b) Dr. Duk has influenced her.
(c) He suggests that Kitty is crazy, too.
(d) Allison's beliefs have influenced her.
3. What animal does Will keep dreaming of in the cave?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A bear.
(d) A bat.
4. When Will leaves the greenhouse and goes out to his car, where has Allison parked it?
(a) In the parking lot of the condos near her estate.
(b) On the old driveway of the estate.
(c) In the country club parking lot.
(d) On the side of the road.
5. Which of the following is NOT the name of one of the rock formations inside Lost Cove Cave?
(a) Old Man of the Mountain.
(b) The Sleeping Tiger.
(c) The Nuns.
(d) The Captain.
6. What does Will find Mr. Lionel Eberhart doing at the nursing home?
(a) Watching a movie.
(b) Watering pine trees.
(c) Playing with trains.
(d) Playing chess.
7. After getting off the bus, where does Will find himself when he wakes up?
(a) In the backseat of his car.
(b) A retirement community.
(c) A hospital.
(d) Back in the greenhouse.
8. Why does Kitty tell Will that he can never see Allison again?
(a) Because Allison asked her to.
(b) Because Walter asked her to.
(c) Because Allison went back to the mental institution.
(d) Because Will shacked up with Allison.
9. When Will and Allison leave the greenhouse, where does Will take her?
(a) His house.
(c) The nursing home.
(d) The Holiday Inn.
10. What does Bernie want Will to do?
(a) Give Marion's Rolls Royce to him.
(b) Sign up for the senior golf tour now that he's old enough.
(c) Join him in a business venture.
(d) Invest in a retirement community.
11. What does Allison assure Dr. Vance when she tells him that Will is at her place?
(a) She didn't kidnap him.
(b) That he's alive.
(c) That he's not hurt.
(d) That he's okay.
12. What did Marion NOT know about at the nursing home?
(a) The gardener.
(b) The Kennedy rockers.
(c) The morning movie.
(d) The attic where the old guys played with trains.
13. Complete the quote, "Everybody thinks that there are only two things: war which is a kind of life in death, and peace which is ______."
(b) "The only kind of life."
(c) "No kind of life."
(d) "A kind of death in life."
14. What does Will propose to do for the man he met on the bus?
(a) Put him to work as a contractor building homes.
(b) Hire him as a cook.
(c) Give him a job selling home loans.
(d) Have him help Allison with the garden.
15. What does Will want to do when he leaves the country club parking lot?
(a) Go home to bathe and shave.
(b) Go get his golf clubs.
(c) Take his guns out on the mountain to shoot.
(d) Go back to Allison.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Allison get Will onto her makeshift bed on the table?
2. What are the animals that Will finds when he is trying to escape from the cave?
3. What time of day is it when Kitty wakes Will in his car?
4. What does Will realize about the hunting accident with his father?
5. What drug does Will have to take to keep him stable?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)