|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose portrait towers above the men in the clubhouse at the golf course?
(a) Tiger Woods.
(b) Jack Nicklaus.
(c) Arnold Palmer.
(d) Ben Hogan.
2. What does Allison buy the can of Brasso for?
(a) Polishing the stove.
(b) To oil the hinges.
(c) To add to a salad.
(d) Putting the stove back together.
3. What does Will find when he heads through the trees trying to find the clubhouse?
(a) Allison and her greenhouse.
(b) An old shotgun.
(c) The secret entrance to a cave.
(d) A Confederate hideout.
4. What does Kitty ask Will to do?
(a) Let her take care of everything related to Leslie's wedding.
(b) Tell her where Allison is hiding.
(c) Meet her in the summerhouse after the party.
(d) Give her money to buy a new house for Allison.
5. What treatment did Allison receive at the sanitorium?
(b) Behavioral Therapy.
(c) Regression Therapy.
(d) Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT).
6. What does Allison use the stained glass window for?
(a) She leans it against a wall for décor.
(b) To patch a hole in the greenhouse roof.
(c) As a gate to keep out the dog.
(d) As a screen in the potter's shed.
7. What does Allison need two of that she purchases for $7.95 each?
(a) Cans of WD-40.
(c) Lengths of rope.
(d) 10" crescent wrenches.
8. What perfume does Allison's mother, Kitty, wear?
(b) White Linen.
(c) Chanel No. 5.
9. What does Jimmy Rogers tell Will that he's done?
(a) That Will won it all.
(b) That Will lost his soul.
(c) That Will married his wife for money.
(d) That Will chose money over happiness.
10. Why is Sirius Allison's favorite star?
(a) Because it's indestructible.
(b) Because she likes the name.
(c) Because she can always see it from her window.
(d) Because it shines blue.
11. Who is it that Jack wants to talk to Will about when they visit the nursing home?
12. Who is Allison's blond friend at the institution?
13. Why does Allison go to see Jerry at Washau Motors?
(a) She needs a job.
(b) She is trying to buy a car.
(c) Will told her to go there to get the creepers.
(d) She needs her car fixed.
14. What does Will think that his constant hitting the golf ball out of bounds means in a larger sense?
(a) It means that he's getting old.
(b) It means that he's been cursed by God.
(c) It represents a failure at life.
(d) He just attributes it to his poor health with no further meaning.
15. What does Allison find out about her aunt's estate from the police officer?
(a) That it is haunted.
(b) That it burned down.
(c) That it is the largest estate in Linwood.
(d) That someone lives there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Allison say woke her up?
2. What does Lewis Peckham show Will when they are looking for one of his out of bounds balls?
3. What does Will realize when he's watching the cat in the garage?
4. What is NOT one of the things that Will thinks when the shot is first fired into the garage?
5. How does Allison think she can make a living?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)