|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ed Cupp's relationship to Will Barrett?
(a) Ed Cupp is an old friend.
(b) Ed Cupp is Will's daughter's father-in-law.
(c) Ed Cupp is Will's daughter's fiancé.
(d) Ed Cupp is Will's brother-in-law.
2. What does Allison compare the great iron stove to?
(a) A Mercedes.
(b) A big oak tree.
(c) A dinosaur.
(d) A castle.
3. Who does Will tell Kitty that he visited in Santa Fe the year before?
(a) One of their old classmates.
(b) His pastor, Jack Curl.
(c) Her brother, Sutter Vaughn.
(d) Her daughter, Allison.
4. What does Allison say woke her up?
(a) Hogan, Will's golf ball.
(b) The dog.
(c) The shouts of golfers.
(d) Will's footsteps.
5. How did Ewell McBee know Will's father?
(a) He was his gardener.
(b) He worked for his firm.
(c) He was his driver.
(d) He used to caddy for him.
6. Why does Allison think Aunt Sally liked her?
(a) Because they both loved Linwood.
(b) Because they both liked music.
(c) Because she listened to Aunt Sally and nobody else did.
(d) Because she was pretty.
7. How much is being offered for the island that Allison inherited off the Georgia coast?
(a) $20.1 million.
(c) $2.1 million.
(d) Nothing, it's worthless.
8. When Will is playing a round of golf with Ed Cupp, Jimmy Rogers, Lewis Peckham, and Bertie Peabody, why does he quit?
(a) Because he hates playing with four rather than three other players.
(b) Because he isn't feeling well.
(c) Because he keeps slicing out of bounds.
(d) Because the weather looks bad.
9. Who is Allison's blond friend at the institution?
10. Why does Will write Lewis a letter telling him that he is coming to visit him by coming through Lost Cove Cave?
(a) So Lewis can come join him in the cave.
(b) Because Lewis doesn't have a telephone.
(c) So Lewis can find his body if he dies in the cave.
(d) Because Lewis likes correspondence.
11. What kind of car does Will Barrett drive?
(d) Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud.
12. What does Will think his experiment might do for his relationship with his daughter?
(a) Leslie loves her father and nothing will change that.
(b) Leslie won't understand his experiment.
(c) If he proves God's existence then they will have something in common.
(d) Leslie already hates him and nothing will change that.
13. What does Allison notice that many of the young people are wearing as she watches from the bench?
(a) College t-shirts.
(c) Leather pants.
14. What does Dr. Duk suggest to Allison's parents that they might consider?
(a) Having her committed permanently.
(b) Letting her live on her own.
(c) Family sessions.
(d) Taking her home.
15. What does Allison do after her parents leave Dr. Duk's office and come say goodbye to her?
(a) She starts writing out her escape instructions.
(b) She takes out her binoculars and watches birds.
(c) She hides in a closet.
(d) She reads a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is it that Jack wants to talk to Will about when they visit the nursing home?
2. What feature of the police officer's appearance is surprising to Allison?
3. What does Allison tell Dr. Duk she was trying to do when her mother found her in the closet?
4. When Allison remembers her last visit with Dr. Duk, what does he tell her he wants to do?
5. How does Allison pick the hairstyle she wants?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)