|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Will's father on the hunting trip?
(a) He shoots the hunting guide.
(b) He has a heart attack.
(c) He shoots himself and Will.
(d) Will shoots him.
2. What does Allison need two of that she purchases for $7.95 each?
(a) Cans of WD-40.
(b) Lengths of rope.
(d) 10" crescent wrenches.
3. What does Allison show Will on his second visit?
(a) The plants she is growing in the greenhouse.
(b) The furniture she found in the cellar.
(c) Old bottles.
(d) The stove she found in the cellar.
4. When Allison remembers her last visit with Dr. Duk, what does he tell her he wants to do?
(a) Help her find a place to live and a job.
(b) Transition her out of the institution.
(c) Give her a "refresher course" of ECT.
(d) Help her deal with her parents.
5. What does Will think that his constant hitting the golf ball out of bounds means in a larger sense?
(a) It represents a failure at life.
(b) It means that he's been cursed by God.
(c) It means that he's getting old.
(d) He just attributes it to his poor health with no further meaning.
6. At the engagement party, what does Kitty remind Will that they have in common?
(a) They're both single.
(b) They both have daughters.
(c) They're both Scorpios.
(d) They both graduated from Princeton.
7. What literary character does Allison feel like?
(a) Snow White.
(c) Rip Van Winkle.
(d) Alice in Wonderland.
8. Why doesn't Allison approach Will at first when she finds his golf balls?
(a) Because she wasn't dressed yet.
(b) Because she thought he was her father.
(c) Because she didn't recognize him.
(d) Because he looked angry.
9. Which of these is NOT one of the treasures that Allison finds in the cellar of the burned down estate?
(a) An iron stove.
(b) Block and tackle.
(c) Captain Blood by Rafael Sabatini.
(d) A stained glass window.
10. How does Allison get the stove out of the cellar?
(a) Will sends some men from the golf club over.
(b) Using block and tackle.
(c) The guys from the auto shop help her.
(d) Will helps her.
11. How many cars are in the garage?
12. How did Ewell McBee know Will's father?
(a) He worked for his firm.
(b) He was his gardener.
(c) He was his driver.
(d) He used to caddy for him.
13. Where does Will go for help after the hunting accident?
(a) To the sheriff's office.
(b) To the guide's house.
(c) To town.
(d) Back to the main road.
14. What treatment did Allison receive at the sanitorium?
(b) Regression Therapy.
(c) Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT).
(d) Behavioral Therapy.
15. What is NOT one of the things that Will thinks when the shot is first fired into the garage?
(a) That terrorists are after him.
(b) That he is back in the war.
(c) That someone was shooting at his house because he is rich.
(d) That someone was after his daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shoots the bird on the hunting trip?
2. Why does Will write Lewis a letter telling him that he is coming to visit him by coming through Lost Cove Cave?
3. What phrase does Allison repeat in Dr. Duk's office?
4. How does Allison reassemble the stove when she gets it into the greenhouse?
5. Where did Will's father get the Luger from?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)