|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Allison's parents on their way to when they stop to visit her and Dr. Duk?
(a) On a cruise.
(b) To a party at Will's house.
(c) To buy Allison a new house.
(d) To New York.
2. What kind of energy does the stove require in order to work?
3. Why does Will write Lewis a letter telling him that he is coming to visit him by coming through Lost Cove Cave?
(a) So Lewis can find his body if he dies in the cave.
(b) So Lewis can come join him in the cave.
(c) Because Lewis likes correspondence.
(d) Because Lewis doesn't have a telephone.
4. How many cars are in the garage?
5. Which of these is NOT one of the people that Allison talks to while she sits on the bench?
(a) A woman handing out religious brochures.
(b) Will Barnett.
(c) Richard Roundtree.
(d) A police officer.
6. Why is it important that Allison read what is in the notebook?
(a) Because she has lost her memory.
(b) Because she is trying to find out who wrote it.
(c) Because she is dying.
(d) Because her aunt left her instructions regarding the estate she inherited in the notebook.
7. When Will is playing a round of golf with Ed Cupp, Jimmy Rogers, Lewis Peckham, and Bertie Peabody, why does he quit?
(a) Because he hates playing with four rather than three other players.
(b) Because the weather looks bad.
(c) Because he keeps slicing out of bounds.
(d) Because he isn't feeling well.
8. Why is Sirius Allison's favorite star?
(a) Because she likes the name.
(b) Because it shines blue.
(c) Because she can always see it from her window.
(d) Because it's indestructible.
9. Who is it that Will Barrett thinks about when he collapses on the green during the first golf game?
(a) His recently deceased wife.
(b) A girl he went to high school with.
(c) An old war buddy.
(d) His father.
10. What does Will think his experiment might do for his relationship with his daughter?
(a) Leslie loves her father and nothing will change that.
(b) Leslie already hates him and nothing will change that.
(c) If he proves God's existence then they will have something in common.
(d) Leslie won't understand his experiment.
11. What does Allison buy the can of Brasso for?
(a) To add to a salad.
(b) To oil the hinges.
(c) Polishing the stove.
(d) Putting the stove back together.
12. What did young Will think just before the gunshot hit him?
(a) That his father must not have seen him.
(b) That the gun looked like a photo of a Civil War soldier.
(c) That he was lost.
(d) That he was dead.
13. Who is the philosopher who inspires Will's experiment in the cave?
14. Which of these options is NOT something that Lewis Peckham suggests that he and Will do after the engagement party to cheer him up?
(a) Shoot doves.
(b) Go visit a woman who makes erotic films.
(c) Listen to music and drink at Lewis' house.
(d) Sit in the caves.
15. What does Ewell McBee tell Will about Sarah Goodman ("Cheryl Lee") that makes Will want to meet her?
(a) That her father is Sol Goodman.
(b) That she's Jewish and from North Carolina.
(c) That she plays violin.
(d) That she's the star of the erotic film, Foxy Frolics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Will have another "fit or spell" of falling down during the engagement party?
2. What does Allison use the stained glass window for?
3. What feature of the police officer's appearance is surprising to Allison?
4. What does Kitty ask Will to do?
5. What does Will realize when he's watching the cat in the garage?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)