|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is NOT one of the people that Allison talks to while she sits on the bench?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A woman handing out religious brochures.
(c) Will Barnett.
(d) Richard Roundtree.
2. What kind of car does Will Barrett drive?
(b) Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud.
3. Where does Will go for help after the hunting accident?
(a) To town.
(b) To the guide's house.
(c) Back to the main road.
(d) To the sheriff's office.
4. What does Allison use the stained glass window for?
(a) As a screen in the potter's shed.
(b) She leans it against a wall for décor.
(c) As a gate to keep out the dog.
(d) To patch a hole in the greenhouse roof.
5. What does Will realize when he's watching the cat in the garage?
(a) That people are never a hundred percent themselves.
(b) That his wife is dead.
(c) That he has a good life.
(d) That life is short.
6. What does Will attribute Allison's strange behavior to when he first meets her?
(a) He thinks she's from California.
(b) He thinks she's foreign.
(c) He thinks she's on drugs.
(d) He thinks she's a mystic.
7. Where does Will get hit by the bullet in the garage?
(a) He is hit in the shoulder.
(b) He is hit in the stomach.
(c) He is shot in the head.
(d) It grazes his calf.
8. Where did Will Barrett grow up?
(b) North Carolina.
(c) New York.
9. What does Will do when he stops his car at the overlook next to the gorge?
(a) He thinks about jumping.
(b) He listens to a religious talk radio station.
(c) He collapses again.
(d) He fires his Luger five times into the gorge.
10. How much is being offered for the island that Allison inherited off the Georgia coast?
(a) $20.1 million.
(c) $2.1 million.
(d) Nothing, it's worthless.
11. Why does Will write Lewis a letter telling him that he is coming to visit him by coming through Lost Cove Cave?
(a) So Lewis can find his body if he dies in the cave.
(b) Because Lewis likes correspondence.
(c) So Lewis can come join him in the cave.
(d) Because Lewis doesn't have a telephone.
12. How does Allison think she can make a living?
(a) Waiting tables in town.
(b) Working with an animal shelter.
(c) By cutting hair at the salon.
(d) By growing plants in the greenhouse.
13. Who does Ewell want to fix Will up with?
(a) The leading lady of his partner's adult movies.
(b) His business partner.
(c) His sister.
(d) His cousin.
14. Where are Allison's parents on their way to when they stop to visit her and Dr. Duk?
(a) To a party at Will's house.
(b) To New York.
(c) To buy Allison a new house.
(d) On a cruise.
15. Which of the following is NOT one of Lewis Peckham's professions or hobbies?
(a) Golf Pro.
(b) Cave Guide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sirius Allison's favorite star?
2. Who is it that Jack wants to talk to Will about when they visit the nursing home?
3. What does Kitty ask Will to do?
4. What does Allison show Will on his second visit?
5. Who is the philosopher who inspires Will's experiment in the cave?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)