|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What literary character does Allison feel like?
(a) Alice in Wonderland.
(c) Rip Van Winkle.
(d) Snow White.
2. What present does Will bring Allison when he comes back to visit her at the greenhouse?
(c) A pulley.
3. What does Lewis Peckham show Will when they are looking for one of his out of bounds balls?
(a) A photo of his new grandchild.
(b) His new watch.
(c) A new species of bird.
(d) A secret entrance to a cave system near the golf course.
4. What is Ed Cupp's relationship to Will Barrett?
(a) Ed Cupp is an old friend.
(b) Ed Cupp is Will's brother-in-law.
(c) Ed Cupp is Will's daughter's fiancé.
(d) Ed Cupp is Will's daughter's father-in-law.
5. According to the author, what claim to fame does Linwood, North Carolina have?
(a) It is the golf capital of the world.
(b) There are no Jewish people living there.
(c) It is the most Christian town in the most Christian state.
(d) It is the highest peak of the Appalachians.
6. What project is Jack asking Will to donate money towards?
(a) A retirement village.
(b) A nursing home.
(c) An all-male religious retreat.
(d) A youth camp.
7. How does Allison think she can make a living?
(a) Working with an animal shelter.
(b) Waiting tables in town.
(c) By growing plants in the greenhouse.
(d) By cutting hair at the salon.
8. What does Allison say woke her up?
(a) Hogan, Will's golf ball.
(b) The shouts of golfers.
(c) Will's footsteps.
(d) The dog.
9. Why does Will write Lewis a letter telling him that he is coming to visit him by coming through Lost Cove Cave?
(a) So Lewis can find his body if he dies in the cave.
(b) Because Lewis doesn't have a telephone.
(c) So Lewis can come join him in the cave.
(d) Because Lewis likes correspondence.
10. Why does Allison go to see Jerry at Washau Motors?
(a) She needs a job.
(b) She is trying to buy a car.
(c) She needs her car fixed.
(d) Will told her to go there to get the creepers.
11. How much does Allison pay for the creepers?
(b) $2.05 each.
(c) $43.71 each.
(d) $7.95 each.
12. Where did Will Barrett grow up?
(b) New York.
(c) North Carolina.
13. What phrase does Allison repeat in Dr. Duk's office?
(a) "Make a new plan, Stan."
(b) "No buzzin cousin."
(c) "Going, going, gone."
(d) "Room with a view."
14. Who is Norma Jean?
(a) Lewis Peckham's wife.
(b) An old girlfriend of Will's.
(c) The cashier at the A&P.
(d) Ewell McBee's partner.
15. What does Allison notice that many of the young people are wearing as she watches from the bench?
(c) College t-shirts.
(d) Leather pants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will attribute Allison's strange behavior to when he first meets her?
2. What does Dr. Duk suggest to Allison's parents that they might consider?
3. What does Will realize when he's watching the cat in the garage?
4. How does Allison travel to Linwood, NC?
5. What does Will find when he heads through the trees trying to find the clubhouse?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)