Part 1, Chapter 1
1. Who is Will Barrett's regular golf partner?
(a) Jimmy Rogers.
(b) Ewell McBee.
(c) Dr. Vance Battle.
(d) Ethel Rosenblum.
2. Who is it that Will Barrett thinks about when he collapses on the green during the first golf game?
(a) An old war buddy.
(b) His recently deceased wife.
(c) His father.
(d) A girl he went to high school with.
3. Where did Will Barrett grow up?
(a) New York.
(b) North Carolina.
4. What does Will Barrett see as a sign that the end of the world might be near at hand?
(a) The red leaves on the trees.
(b) The Jews leaving North Carolina.
(c) A cloud.
(d) A bird flying past.
5. What kind of car does Will Barrett drive?
(a) Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud.
6. What does Will do when he stops his car at the overlook next to the gorge?
(a) He fires his Luger five times into the gorge.
(b) He listens to a religious talk radio station.
(c) He thinks about jumping.
(d) He collapses again.
This section contains 5,241 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)